PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of seperate Offline and Extra Mode PSU from Onli

Jaylix
Nov 1, 2006, 11:14 AM
Something I've become to find very annoying is in the PSU general and guide forums that information is being posted by kind-hearted people trying to help and the information is very very wrong all the while in the thread not many people are the wiser. Information on drops, item stats, job stats, heck even a leveling guide between extra mode and online mode would be extremely different.

I've actually even seen someone posting a response to a online mode question with single mode information, which obviously can and does lead to confusion.

I propose perhaps a couple new forums dedicated solely to Offline mode and another one dedicated to Extra mode and the relabling of the existing forums to indicate Online mode discussions therein.

It's just something I find annoying and would love to see being addressed. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaylix on 2006-11-01 09:02 ]</font>

Dhylec
Nov 1, 2006, 02:45 PM
The addition of a forum is not simple as offline & online. The forum itself is easy, but from the staff point of view, we have more administration to deal with.

Though offline & online have some differences, the same items still serve pretty the same purposes in the end.

This idea might be considered when there is a need for it. For now, please use the topic tags to indicate offline, online, or whatever else needed.

Tomeeboy
Nov 1, 2006, 03:09 PM
To add to what Dhylec said, it would be possible to create a whole selection of new forums for every possible need. However, what this ends up doing is thinly spreading out the number of people who view each of the forums, thus creating forums that will likely become stale and inactive over time.

We will probably be making some changes to the way topic titles play a role in the new PSU forums so that we can better organize what is being posted there, and so people use them more often. There is definitely a lot that is different between the offline and online modes (especially with items and their stats), so we do want to try to keep this information from getting mixed up. I think that once people begin to realize that those differences exist, we will have a lot less of that happening.

In the meantime, we'll do our best to make sure things don't get too confusing for everyone. If the need for additional forums becomes more apparent and we think that there will be enough activity and moderators to sustain extra boards, then we may very well add some.

Jaylix
Nov 2, 2006, 08:11 AM
I appreciate you considering the option in any fashion. I hope the community does take care of it on it's own as you suggest.

Though offline & online have some differences, the same items still serve pretty the same purposes in the end.

Their requirements, statistics and ways of acquiring them are all completely different though in each version. It might as well be 3 games in one. People aren't asking about the role of items after all.

Thank you.

Dhylec
Nov 2, 2006, 09:26 AM
Their requirements, statistics and ways of acquiring them are all completely different though in each version. It might as well be 3 games in one. People aren't asking about the role of items after all.
The current PSU DB is designed with this in mind. There are separate 'sections' for Offline & Online stats. If you have/know the missing info, feel free to submit so that it'll be more complete.

Jaylix
Nov 3, 2006, 08:37 AM
Understood. The DB isn't the issue.