PDA

View Full Version : Huge Glitch

Balewolf
Nov 1, 2006, 02:32 PM
Ok I just bought this game recently for the PS2. I made my character and what not, then started up the mission tutorial. I got to the third step(the one where you actually go on a mission) and something odd happened.
The music just cut out. It would start up again in about a minute, but then it would cut out again after two seconds. Ok that's not too hard to live with. But then when I switched from my knuckle's to my saber and gun, my weapons weren't visible. There was still the swinging motion and sound effects, but no weapons. Then I switch back to my knuckles and they've disappeared and when attacking they have no sound effects.
I reset my PS2 and go back on, and this time I just did a mission (Unsafe Passage C). So once again, the music is cutting out, my weapons disappear, I can't even attack anymore (no motion when I attack) and I can't get past this locked door.

I've been redoing the mission over and over again and it's sometimes not as glitchy, but eventually I can't get past a locked door because the enemies won't show up or the door just won't open. Eventually I will get a message saying the connection failed or something, I can get the message today after school... so I'll post it then. I need help! Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be because of my PS2 or internet connection?

Dhylec
Nov 1, 2006, 02:35 PM
Since you were able to do the other parts, I think your disc or PS2 might have dust. Check both to see if there is anything that can cause the error.

Balewolf
Nov 2, 2006, 10:33 AM
I can't even get to the mission counter now! It just freezes! And you think dust is the problem? Ok I'll go clean it out... but I doubt that's it...

Mechageo
Nov 2, 2006, 05:53 PM
Are you using an original PS2 or a new slim one?

Balewolf
Nov 2, 2006, 08:04 PM
Original... Do you think it could be my model?

Oh yeah, I just found out that my disc has quite the scratch on it, so I'm gonna get a new one and try that out. Would a scratch make glitches though?

Fleece
Nov 2, 2006, 10:09 PM
yeah its a disc loading error, either your ps2 or the disc itself

Blitzkommando
Nov 2, 2006, 10:37 PM
On 2006-11-02 17:04, Balewolf wrote:
Original... Do you think it could be my model?

Oh yeah, I just found out that my disc has quite the scratch on it, so I'm gonna get a new one and try that out. Would a scratch make glitches though?

If the reading surface is damaged it can corrupt the data being sent to the system to render the environment and game, so yes, it could very well be the root of the problem. However, if it persists it could be a number of other issues such as a misaligned laser among other mechancial and non-mechanical problems.

Balewolf
Nov 3, 2006, 12:21 AM
Hmm well I have sent my PS2 in before because of a problem like that (misaligned laser). It couldn't read DVD's or PS2 games. Haha so started my era of old FF's remade onto the PS1. Of course that's another story. You've guys have been very helpful!