PDA

View Full Version : Shadow the Hedgehog Ltd. PS2 Controller Defect...fixable?

AzureBlaze
Nov 2, 2006, 12:46 AM
Sort of OT...
They made a Shadow the Hedgehog Ltd. edition controller for the PS2 to mark his first solo game. As my sig states, it's Sonic so I gotta own it. Comes in a plastic display dome and everything.

And now I discover one button never worked. You know how when you set PSO to 'show peoples names/lvls' above their heads...it would STAY from game to game. You could d/c turn it off etc. and it would keep your setting.
Well for some stupid reason PSU doesn't do it.

Once per sign-on you have to click L3 which means pushing down the stick till it clicks. Well, Shadow's clicks, but does nothing. So I have to unplug/replug with a regular controller that I don't like the feel of to get everyone's names up. And you NEED names because of the BS load time for all chars.

But the controller was used -once- before this, (but that button was not pressed as the game didn't require it) and otherwise kept in that bubble...and I so so so don't want to drop money on another controller. I shouldn't have to. Is there any way a person can fix a controller? (I ph33r opening up things without advice first)

This is also a warning to anyone who has one or was thinking of buying it. (it's actually good n' stylish, so you might be tempted) I've never actually gotten a flat out defective Sega product before.