PDA

View Full Version : Can you craft S-ranks offline?

Zorafim
Nov 2, 2006, 11:47 PM
I'm noticing that, after beating story, you can buy S-rank equipment. I was lucky enough to find an S-rank weapon in story as well, though I died shortly after getting it. However, is it posible to craft these items? I think I've heard something about crafting an S-rank sword, I think named Svaltus Sword. Are there any other weapons like these I can craft? Or am I stuck with the elements of the store bought ones?

Also, I'm stuck deciding S-rank armors. I'm thinking the tenora one would be best, since I would assuming it has the highest defence and lowest evasion (I dislike evasion as a hunter) along with being able to equip a defence unit (seems like the best choice of the S-rank units). Is there any reason to get any of the other ones?

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-11-02 20:47, Zorafim wrote:
I'm noticing that, after beating story, you can buy S-rank equipment. I was lucky enough to find an S-rank weapon in story as well, though I died shortly after getting it. However, is it posible to craft these items? I think I've heard something about crafting an S-rank sword, I think named Svaltus Sword. Are there any other weapons like these I can craft? Or am I stuck with the elements of the store bought ones?

Also, I'm stuck deciding S-rank armors. I'm thinking the tenora one would be best, since I would assuming it has the highest defence and lowest evasion (I dislike evasion as a hunter) along with being able to equip a defence unit (seems like the best choice of the S-rank units). Is there any reason to get any of the other ones?

really good question. My Extra mode character is level 66 now. I just cannot find a S-rank Double-Saber weapon or a A-rank for that matter. The highest available free mission that I have has a requirement of level 70. I wondering If I am going to run out of content really quick.

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 12:11 AM
Lvl 70?.....you mean 60.

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 12:12 AM
On 2006-11-02 21:11, Xeveous wrote:
Lvl 70?.....you mean 60.

I think I have a quest on Neudeiz or Parum (Train station) that requires lvl70. I am not sure. I know that Mooatob and Space Port are 60.

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 12:47 AM
Parum goes up to 55
Neudeiz is 45
Moatoob is 60
Guardian Colony is 30
Space Port is 60
Nope,no 70's...offline at least =P

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-11-02 21:47, Xeveous wrote:
Parum goes up to 55
Neudeiz is 45
Moatoob is 60
Guardian Colony is 30
Space Port is 60
Nope,no 70's...offline at least =P

Is that from official source or it is the only thing available to you ?

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 01:09 AM
I just looked it up on my game.....and yes i beat story mode....3 times.

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2006, 03:27 AM
I'll take the lack of relevant answers as a no, I can't craft S-ranks. le /sigh

Is there at least a way to change the element of a store bought weapon? I'm really loving the looks of this S rank lance (I can't call something that badass looking a spear), but the green photon blade lowers its cosmetic value...

DoubleJG
Nov 3, 2006, 04:03 AM
Thank you for the information on the level req. missions. Two questions for extra mode then:

1. Even though the highest level req. is only level 60, will there even be any challenge after that =/

2. How many missions exactly ARE there in Extra Mode?

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 04:07 AM
On 2006-11-03 01:03, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Thank you for the information on the level req. missions. Two questions for extra mode then:

1. Even though the highest level req. is only level 60, will there even be any challenge after that =/

2. How many missions exactly ARE there in Extra Mode?

1. it might be a challenge for force or ranger character but not for hunter. It's already not a challenge to me and my uber tornado dance.

Spoiler ahead

Dark Fullis's second form is level 82. I haven't rach level 80 yet but I did kill him at level 60. So I don't know how much of a challenge it's going to be or if they are even higher mission that I haven't unlock.

DoubleJG
Nov 3, 2006, 04:09 AM
Ah ok cool. Have you unlocked all of the extra missions yet? An estimate of a number possibly?

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 04:15 AM
On 2006-11-03 01:09, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Ah ok cool. Have you unlocked all of the extra missions yet? An estimate of a number possibly?

When I got to my videophone, I shows 10 messages announcing free mission. I will try to post all of them when I get home.

DoubleJG
Nov 3, 2006, 04:18 AM
cool thanks.

D_S
Nov 3, 2006, 04:26 AM
You can craft S-Ranks offline.I just made a Svaltus Sword.You get the board for S-Rank at Moatoob.One of the level 60 missions.Forget which one.

DoubleJG
Nov 3, 2006, 04:36 AM
Eh, Svaltus Edge better not be the only cool S-rank in extra mode..

Symtex360
Nov 3, 2006, 04:39 AM
On 2006-11-03 01:36, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Eh, Svaltus Edge better not be the only cool S-rank in extra mode..

I got 3 S-rank weapon available at the shop. It varies from 500k to 900k. better save up now.

Xeveous
Nov 3, 2006, 05:51 AM
In shops,i can buy s-rank for...
Spear,knuckle,twin/single dagger/sabre/claw,xbow,bow,wand,i think staff,and a couple armors 2 i think.
Soo yeah,and you can craft 7* and at least one s-rank that i know of.

Pilla
Nov 3, 2006, 06:21 AM
I've been looking high and low for some good A rank knuckle boards or even S rank boards. Right now the only board you can get for S rank is from the ice mission lv 60 if you get S rank. Also, note that NPCs WILL give you a craft board if you get S rank in some areas, and even a skill. Hyuuga gave me Rising Strike a sword skill not available in any shops when I got S rank and he was in my party for one of the missions to the planet of newmans. What I'm dying for is some A rank items and S ranks but so far no luck. I am hoping that by winning S rank in the other higher missions I can obtain some new skills as I like to collect them for the heck of it.

I never bothered buying any of the store S ranks because I want to have my own elements installed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but as for content, I'd say the ice mission is the last standing challenge sadly, you have to defeat 150 monsters and the challenge is decent for a hunter but other than that the last of it is just trying for S rank and trying to see what NPC gives what. Oh and the craft board I got was a twin brand from a low level mission(I was looking for Kubraba wood) in ruins. I'm praying that maybe the higher levels the kung fu CAST guy will give me something cool for knuckles if I get S rank in a better mission.

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2006, 03:58 PM
If you get an S-rank on a mission, there's a chance that your partners may give you PA disks. That's the only way to get them offline. You can tell which PA they'll give you by the weapons they use. You can even see them use it when they fight. The easiest way to get the PA you want is to party up with the team mate who has it and do easy runs as many times as you can (I've found the Da-Ragon to be easiest).

So, um, I'll take it that there's no way to change elements of store bought weapons, then? Not even a way to change what element the store will sell? I'd love a light elemental lance right about now...