PDA

View Full Version : XBox: What exactly is happening to the XBOX version?

Myst
Nov 17, 2002, 03:19 PM
When is the XBOX version coming out? I saw somewhere on the site that it was set for a 2003 release date. I don't want to wait that long. I just want someone to prove me wrong.

On second thought, if the extension of the release date has something to do with the improvement of the game, then by all means I accept it. But there is no use in delaying a game just because SEGA "feels like it".

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 17, 2002, 04:14 PM
What we know regarding the game's current status (not talking about content):

- Yuji Naka said they (Sonic Team) finished the game and gave it to Microsoft, and it is up to Microsoft when the game gets released.

- Microsoft has not told us squat about a release date. It could be 2003 (as some places say), but nobody really knows for sure. The rumors range from November 2002 to March 2003.

- It won't get released in Japan until mid-January 2003, when Xbox Live launches in Japan. (I believe PSO is supposed to be used for beta testing when XBL beta testing begins (began?) in Japan.)

And I think you could've put this in General if you wanted. It's not really Off Topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithAkaMrak on 2002-11-17 13:17 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 17, 2002, 08:54 PM
I believe the beta testing has already begun or will begin befoer the end of the year for Xbox Live in Japan, and PSO will be a pack-in game for Japan and will require a monthly fee (that's because it will come with the Xbox Live starter kits in Japan, odds are, there won't bee any additional fee for US Xbox PSO).