PDA

View Full Version : Why do offensive weapons (better ranks) get better PP regen

Clyde
Nov 3, 2006, 03:18 PM
I just wanted to know what the logic is behind having FO cane/rod having higher amounts of PP but no increase in the PP regen per tick. I mean hunters weapons have it and so do rangers, why not. Is it because they think FO would be too strong or what? Cause if so then maybe they should actually play the game online because a FO PP isn't just for damage, (if it was it wouldnt be bothering me so much, would give balance I guess) its also used for healing as well as healing status effects and when the time comes support. Now maybe I may be making this a bigger then it probably is, if so sorry just thought I should say something.

As far weapons go my highest weapon is only a Slyrod which maybe is the reson regen so baf. Does anyone have a FO cane/rod weapon that has better then 7 per tick, cause if so please tell me where you got so I can go get one.

In closing just like to say this Having FO weapons that have higher PP caps but lower regen is like having a level 100 FO in PSO whos TP never increases but his tech damage and cost do. Theres countless ticks that go bye just seems to be I am not casting as much I should be; with that I hope that SEGA will notice that this is a balance issue and fix it.

If anyone one wants to point out my flawed way of thinking then please do.

-Clyde

entropyboy
Nov 3, 2006, 03:23 PM
i dont think it matters in the end. in a good group i usually never use up all the PP on my staff. it helps that i switched my heal/anti to a different weapon.

if i am running out of PP and switching weapons to much, it is a good indicator that the party isnt strong enough for what we are fighting.

although more regen would be cool, i am not sure it is needed if you carry 2 or more staves.

AngelLight
Nov 3, 2006, 03:29 PM
Dear Clyde:

You must be a big fan of XBLA.

Respectfully Yours,

Clyde

Well, I've not paid full attention to the different weapon regen rates on different starred weps for forces...but I actually have two simular weapon types of different star ranges now....I'll check that out tonight and take a closer look at it. But, I should also say that I also use bows and sometimes even guns and hot swap fairly actively during combat (keeping myself dynamic as I fight)....so I dont usually noticed the regens as much as some who stick it out with just one or two weapons. I also put on the most drained weapon I have between fights to let it regen some as it transition between areas or rooms...so that helps a little bit.

But yeah if the regen rates really are skewed, then that does kind of suck ~_~.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-03 12:30 ]</font>