PDA

View Full Version : HUcast Weapons for beating V. Hard single player

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 17, 2002, 04:33 PM
Hmm... I'm a lvl 50 HUcast and the best sword I've found is a 0/0/0/10 Claymore... Maybe it was a bad idea to make a GREENNIL HUcast? Does anyone know where I can best find a plain old fake FLOWEN'S SWORD? I love swords, and I hate how I'm having to go through V. Hard mode with just handgun weapons and a whole suite of cool but useless single-enemy attacking weapons like DOUBLE SABER and BRAVE KNUCKLE... Any help on finding a sword that doesn't totally suck, or just weapon tips in general for a HUcast in V. Hard single player would be greatly appreciated.

ABDUR101
Nov 17, 2002, 05:08 PM
I know people who would kill for a Double Saber. I reccomend you go trade your Double Saber for a nice Dragon Slayer or other sword/partisan/dagger type thats special is useful to HUcasts. =)

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 17, 2002, 05:13 PM
DOUBLE SABER isn't common? I found one with 0/25/55/0 on my first try of Hard mode Barba Ray. Is that really enough for a DRAGON SLAYER?

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 17, 2002, 05:14 PM
DOUBLE SABER isn't common? I found one with 0/25/55/0 on my first try of Hard mode Barba Ray. Is that really enough for a DRAGON SLAYER?

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 17, 2002, 05:16 PM
Oops, I posted that twice... stupid submit button...

Toyzferall
Nov 17, 2002, 08:17 PM
Don't underesitmate single-enemy weapons. But anyway, yeah, Swords and partisansa are better for HUcasts, IMO, so we can deal our uber damage to lots of enemies at once. Plus we just look cooler than way. But anyway, yeah, lots of people want Dbl. Sabers. Lots of people want Drg. Slayers, too, but I'm pretty sure you could trade a Double for a Slayer.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 18, 2002, 11:08 AM
Double Saber is so-so on the rare scale. It's not as common as a fake FLOWEN'S, but still findable. You should be able to get a good sword for one.

I haven't found even one uncommon sword/partisan... Try teaming up with a SKYLY for uncommon swords. If you're offling single player, try to find a mechgun weapon, since they're the best for one-on-one battles.

Jae
Nov 18, 2002, 12:27 PM
Definitely team up with a Skyly. A friend of mine finds those a lot offline. Chances are you'll even get something better than a Flowen's with a Skyly leading the way.

You think being a Greenill is bad for swords, try being an Oran. All I ever see on my own are DB Sabers, Blade Dances, or Bloody Arts. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2002-11-18 09:32 ]</font>

Amethyst
Nov 18, 2002, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the Dragon in Vhard drops a Yamato for any ID. Those double swords rule. Mine are 0% to all unfortunatly, but a nice sum of 58 grinders doing a total of 1200 atp for my Hucaseal at level 68. I still havent atempted to beat falz yet. Dont be in a rush.

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 18, 2002, 11:31 PM
Yamato? Don't make me laugh! Please don't even talk to me about such an absurdly good weapon. I haven't found crap yet, so don't expect me to suddenly strike gold. I was unlucky in version 1 (150+ hours w/ no rares over 10 stars) and I'm unlucky in Ep. 1 & 2. That's just the way it is.

Fulgore_7575
Nov 19, 2002, 05:32 AM
Crazy! I just got a crapload of Flowens, and on my Greennil RAcast's first Hard Dragon I got a Musashi. On a Skyly HUcast in V Hard Forest I got a Photon Claw. I love it... new and exciting Rares everyday. I got a crap load.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 19, 2002, 11:25 AM
I envy those with good HU ids...

MUSASHI/YAMATO/ASUKA are really overrated. Yes, they're argubaly the coolest looking weapons in the game, but they're TOO DAMN SLOW!!! Remember folks, it all comes down to the % and attack range, speed, and accuracy. I get by fine using Vulcans and other common yellow weapons in Ultimate mode.

The only exception is the G-ASSASSIN'S SABERS, which are pretty good for FOmar/FOmarl.

BrokenHope
Nov 19, 2002, 01:22 PM
The musashi type weapons aren't too slow if you have a god battle, personally i prefer double saber types tho which redria finds just about all the rare ones.

Jae
Nov 19, 2002, 01:28 PM
I'll second Phalanx's opinion on double-type weapons like the Yamato. They look so sweet, but the first hit comes off so slow you'll get worked if you try to take one into a large group.

As a Lvl 65 HUnewearl, I'm doing just fine in VHard Ruins with my trusty Last Survivor +18. Wakazashi, if you could get online in the evenings I could just GIVE you a 9-star Flowen's. I really don't use it anymore and it's not valuable enough to trade for anything I need.

Blah I envy the good HU IDs too. I get so excited when I see a red SPECIAL WEAPON box, but it almost always turns out to be a dagger-type (oran). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 19, 2002, 09:04 PM
You guys have been really helpful and all, but I still aren't sure what's going on here. I'm level 54 in the V. Hard Ruins and I don't find much of anything. Recently my brother's friend gave me a Musashi he found on V. Hard Dragon, but it's only useful on boss fights. I've learned to fight very well with partisan-type weapons. I don't know why people always consider them to be in the same category as swords, because they are very different. Swords are slow, innacurate, and lower your evade power. Partisans are almost as fast a s a handgun, slightly less powerful, more accurate, do not lower your evade power, and have a slightly narrower sweep. But I still can't find a rare partisan, because they make up only 4% up GREENILL's weapon drops. Any suggestions on where I could best find a rare partisan? And does anyone know why the only rare I found in V. Hard Mines was a Custom Ray v00? Also, why do I, as a GREENILL, keep finding absurdly high-level technique disks?

Amethyst
Nov 19, 2002, 09:38 PM
Sorry to correct you but as I have noticed. When you look at the description of a sword it would say something like, very powerful and accurate. I dont mean to be a jerk about it, but its the truth. And I'm pretty sure since I found my Musashi in Hard Forest from Dragon. Im sure it only drops from the Dragon because every boss has a predesignated RARE drop. Yamato is from Vhard. Thats all. Good Luck