PDA

View Full Version : Online Economy

xFuZioN
Nov 4, 2006, 10:01 PM
I played the 360 beta and I am pretty far in story mode. ( Chapter 8 )

In story mode, meseta comes really easily; by chapter 8 I had 120000 meseta; and I am a hardcore shopaholic.

But in the beta; it was quite the opposite. Meseta flow was very slow; It took me a day just to get to 6000 to buy an armor upgrade just to end up broke.

So now that people are playing online; can somebody inform me of the difference in economy? Is it closer to story or to the beta? If its closer to the beta, how close?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xFuZioN on 2006-11-04 19:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xFuZioN on 2006-11-04 19:02 ]</font>

Ether
Nov 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
The beta was online mode... so I'd say its exactly the same. The only real difference is that money starts coming in much easier after level 20, so you stop feeling completely broke all the time

xFuZioN
Nov 4, 2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks Ether, you pretty much stated everything I wanted to hear.

Nani-chan
Nov 5, 2006, 01:37 AM
Alot of people have shops so many items are really really cheap. A few 800m items drop regularly in some of the higher C and lower B missions, so they are selling for 300m or less, etc.

Check player shops and compare to npc is best advice I can give.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-04 22:46 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 5, 2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, MOST player shops sell stuff at bargain prices. SOME are rip-offs.

s3rial
Nov 5, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-11-05 08:08, Randomness wrote:

Seems the exact opposite for me. I'd say, on average, 7/10 shops are selling above (usually way above) NPC store prices, 2/10 are selling right around the store prices, and 1/10 actually offers you a good deal.

Don't believe me? Go do a search for Soldonium or Marseline, or any sort of 5-star melee crafting materials. Outrageous.

Mitz
Nov 5, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-11-05 11:39, s3rial wrote:

On 2006-11-05 08:08, Randomness wrote:

Seems the exact opposite for me. I'd say, on average, 7/10 shops are selling above (usually way above) NPC store prices, 2/10 are selling right around the store prices, and 1/10 actually offers you a good deal.

Don't believe me? Go do a search for Soldonium or Marseline, or any sort of 5-star melee crafting materials. Outrageous.

That's because they're too lazy to remember synth material prices. And I can't blame them honestly.

xFuZioN
Nov 5, 2006, 07:06 PM
How long does it take to make a profit from having a shop (meaning when do you end up paying off the 15000 meseta fee and actually start profitting)

Nani-chan
Nov 5, 2006, 07:24 PM
fairly quickly, I make more money selling to players than to npc.

segadrm10
Nov 5, 2006, 07:24 PM
i started profitting like after the second day, but u got to understand that u have to have decent items for people to buy them, and a understandable price too.

EC_Subbie
Nov 5, 2006, 07:33 PM
I sell all of my stuff way cheap, at least 1/2 store price or cheaper depending on demand. Only problem is I really don't have much good stuff to sell yet. I mostly get C rank drops, and occasionally can synth a B rank item. I keep most of the synth materials for myself, with the exception for types I get 99 of. It took me a good three or four days to make back the 15,000. Some days I might only bring in a few hundred and others, a few thousand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-11-05 16:34 ]</font>

orphenshadow
Nov 6, 2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah, i try to do my best to look up the store prices, and those of other players... I advirtise 1/4 the cost of the store. Sometimes im a bit above my own cost, if i wont make a profit. but overall 99% of my items are 1/4 the cost that they are at NPC's

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 11:56 AM
The real trick to running a shop, it seems, is understanding why people buy items. For example, why would Par Wood sell so well to hunters? Turns out they are looking for cheap Par Wood to synth to Par Ash as a component for making B-rank spears. I had 45 par wood, I priced at 65 meseta, and I had 2700 meseta waiting for me within 6 hours.

Material upgrades can also be a good way to make more money. If you find a bunch of metal and successfully upgrade it to something that cannot be bought, the asking price jumps significantly.

Roffkaiser
Nov 6, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-11-06 08:56, KirinDave wrote:
The real trick to running a shop, it seems, is understanding why people buy items. For example, why would Par Wood sell so well to hunters? Turns out they are looking for cheap Par Wood to synth to Par Ash as a component for making B-rank spears. I had 45 par wood, I priced at 65 meseta, and I had 2700 meseta waiting for me within 6 hours.

Material upgrades can also be a good way to make more money. If you find a bunch of metal and successfully upgrade it to something that cannot be bought, the asking price jumps significantly.

I don't think a darned person has bought any of my par wood for 10 meseta! I wish I had some people looking for stuff to convert...

But yeah I have payed off my half of the purchase(went 50/50 with a buddy of mine) already and have only had the shop for less that 24 hours.

Spacepest
Nov 6, 2006, 03:57 PM
Sometimes I think what people buy out of my shop is totally random.

One day I came home to find my shop completely cleaned out of starter clothes, weapons, linear line models and sunflowers (i.e. all items that are extremely easy to get, or come off of your starting characters after you create them). Go figure.

Pentence
Nov 6, 2006, 05:02 PM
I have noticed that it depends on who knows abut my store most higherlvls dont wantanything asi dont have much to offer there.Now i walk oer to the line and hand outmy card and they flock to me andi cant restock fast enough.Its all about your customer base you need to develop one ihave a few regulars andi even do synth orders so long as i have the mats on hand or they have them.

On another note i made 12k in one night off of starter cloths and came back like !!whoa!! the next day.