PDA

View Full Version : wen will PSU pedia be up?

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2006, 02:25 AM
this is day 3 it has been down, just when i want to go there -_-.

Zakuro
Nov 5, 2006, 02:34 AM
As far as I've been able to tell the site hasn't been down. It is incredibly slow at times and occassionally I get some error, but refreshing the page has always worked for me.

Lilium
Nov 5, 2006, 02:39 AM
Works for me too, just slowly. And sometimes an internal error hits for me too. But, they are going to move to a new server. Sometime. Unless they already did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lilium on 2006-11-04 23:40 ]</font>

KazuKun
Nov 5, 2006, 02:41 AM
I think they are in the process of moving still. They should be back to norm within this week, I think.

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2006, 03:15 AM
cool thanx

Sinue_v2
Nov 5, 2006, 01:31 PM
In the mean time, you could always put a little info up at the PSU section of the PSwiki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-05 10:32 ]</font>

Tystys
Nov 5, 2006, 01:33 PM
I thought PSUPedia was the Wiki, O_o.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptake in terms of this. I stopped keeping up with PSU Pedia for a while now.

Ryogen
Nov 5, 2006, 01:36 PM
I stoped using psu pedia as well. Those were all based on the japanese but now that the english is out, it's not all that valid to look at. Users around PSU websites are already making their own material, we make our own material. So in my terms, I don't seem myself using the site for a good long time.

Sinue_v2
Nov 5, 2006, 01:55 PM
No... the Phantasy Star Wiki was started after PSUpedia, but without prior knowladge of. Their aims are quite different as well. The PSUpedia is focusing solely on Phantasy Star Universe. The Phantasy Star Wiki encompasses the entire franchise starting from PSI in 1988 to today with PSU.

Aside from providing useful information pertient to the game, such as stats, scripts, prices, ect - it also provides quite a bit of back-history and trivia. For example, if you look up the PSU food item "Peroli Mate", it will have a link to the "Perolimate" of Phantasy Star I and Phantasy Star IV. (In the US version of PSI, Perolimate were called "Burgers" - and bought at the First Food Shop).

I just don't have a lot of content up yet, because I haven't assembeled a staff to help put up information. I am seek staff out though, ideally at least two for PS, two for PSO, and two for PSU - who will be responsible for making large scale edits and putting up information on a regular basis. However, it is a Wiki project - so anyone (staff or not) can edit and put up information if they like.

There's also a fanart gallery there which I have neglected to mention in the Fanworks section of this site simply because I don't want to make a thread advertising my site. Forums will eventually be put up as well provided I can find a few decent moderators who are willing to step up and keep order.

Tystys
Nov 5, 2006, 01:58 PM
oh!

*looks at Sinue's sig*

*slaps head*

Tycho
Nov 5, 2006, 02:02 PM
The host service doesn't seem to understand the problem, so the next solution would be a reinstall. As for the above-mentioned localization issue, I think that's easily fixable given the wiki functionality.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 5, 2006, 05:59 PM
I saved a page to the comp that I was going back to a lot and open it up offline instead of waiting around for things to load.

You can do that too if you'd like, just don't go around uploading those pages elsewhere without permission.