PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so, am I a mean person?

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 03:03 PM
Yes. You're a terrible, horrible human being. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Reeses
Nov 5, 2006, 03:03 PM
Last night as I was playing thru some Relic B Runs for the 3rd time around (Lord knows i need the money)we had a couple new players join the group. At the beginning of the game, i specifically told everyone this: "Item Distribution is set on Random/Order so feel free to pick up all the items haha, also, the only rule I have is that everyone sticks togather. No hitting an enemy once then running off towards more of the map, thats a automatic boot from the game."

So everyone agreed with what I had to say and some people even said Thank You. I thought to myself what a great group this would be...wrong. So, in Block 1, I get a little Ranger who shoots everything in the hallway, then runs off, hits all the boxes to unleash the mobs, hits them once, then decides to go after the items... Im not so much worried about the items part, its the player who angered me. So i told him, "Please wait for the entire group, I shouldnt have to say this more than once". But no, he keeps doing it. SO, i boot him. Well what I didnt know is that his friend was in the party as well and proceeds to tell me that I'm wrong for booting him because of that. I tell him that its my game, and i make the rules, they arnt harsh, just follow them. So (his worse mistake) he says that hes not going to do any more runs with us after this one...SO....

I booted him. Dont sit here and fuss at me and expect to finish the mission. No, i wont have it. I'm trying to make this game fun for myself and the other party members (who comepletely backed me up after all was said and done), and If you put a stopper to that, then you will be booted. But anyway, I wake up this morning and i get to thinking about it s'more and I just wanted someone elses view...did i do the right thing?

AnamanaAU
Nov 5, 2006, 03:05 PM
You were in the right, screw item hoarders.

Shade-
Nope, you made it very clear what the rules were, and booting them wasn't wrong.

Reeses
Thanks. That makes me feel just dandy.

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 03:06 PM
I'm just kidding! You did the right thing. You clearly stated what the rules were and they didn't follow them. I would have done the same thing.

ChocoboChad
Nov 5, 2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah, that seems like fair game on your part. Especially after you announced this at the very beginning and you warned him.

Reeses
Nov 5, 2006, 03:08 PM
Ok, thanks guys. I think i just felt bad because I didnt know if I was being too harsh or not. To me, sticking togather IS NOT that hard. Plus it gives people with slower computers/ PSII versions (not everyone of course) the ability to catch up and enjoy the game WITH us.

TheTasuke
Nov 5, 2006, 03:10 PM
Personally, I think booting them both was a little extreme. =/

Reeses
Nov 5, 2006, 03:11 PM
How so?

Resist
Nov 5, 2006, 03:12 PM
Sounds like your a little bitch in game

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-11-05 12:12, Resist wrote:
Sounds like your a little bitch in game

Go away.

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 03:18 PM
He was being insorbordinent(spelling) so you were justified. As for you being a mean person, I would have had to be there in order to answer that accurately.

Numnuttz
Nov 5, 2006, 03:18 PM
it sounds reasonable to me. you stated what you wanted at the very beginning and they agreed to it. also you even told him that you wanted him to stop after the first time. the fact that he kept doing it shows that he doesnt care about what you wanted at the beginning of the game.

RoninJoku
Nov 5, 2006, 03:21 PM
Hmm I'd have to be there... But I suppose you DID warn them...

bunnysama
Nov 5, 2006, 03:24 PM
I would of done the same thing

Angelraziel
i would've booted them too. In my games its my rules. If u don't like it,no one is making you stay.

TheTasuke
it seems extreme because... i've played the different jobs, and hitting everything is my type priority... maybe that's just his playing style. it's not like he was hurting the party in any way.

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-11-05 12:24, TheTasuke wrote:
it seems extreme because... i've played the different jobs, and hitting everything is my type priority... maybe that's just his playing style. it's not like he was hurting the party in any way.

But you're not really contributing if all you do is hit something then let everyone else do the work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elleranda on 2006-11-05 12:28 ]</font>

TheTasuke
Nov 5, 2006, 03:32 PM
I hit everything first to get maximum experience points, then focus on individual targets doing the most damage I can. It's the smartest way to level. Especially for rangers and force.

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-11-05 12:32, TheTasuke wrote:
I hit everything first to get maximum experience points, then focus on individual targets doing the most damage I can. It's the smartest way to level. Especially for rangers and force.

That's fine, but this guy was hitting everything once, then running ahead and then hitting more and just picking up items.

Yoruichi
Nov 5, 2006, 03:43 PM
God forbid someone explain the rules ahead of time and thigns still go wrong. If they can't listen even with a warning they are considered borderline retarded and don't need to be in the group.

Talen
Nov 5, 2006, 03:45 PM
Hey.. they were warned at the start of the run and still continued to not only be greedy with the loot, but barely contribute to the game. You were more than justified in kicking them both.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 03:49 PM
well really rangers for example are for back up support or long ranged melee (i.e. shotguns are back up support and rifles are melee) i mean if he only had a shotgun and he was doing as much dmg as he could then i woudn't boot him but if he shot every enemy once and waited for the items. then yeah i would boot him

Reeses
Nov 5, 2006, 03:53 PM
Yeh, I agree that I also hit every enemy at least once, but I follow that up with taking them out 1 by 1 after. All he did was stand there and wait for items to drop so he could pick them up. The only thing i dont understand is if the item distribution was on order....why would make a mad dash to pick up every item? I'm just at a loss lol

Kupi
Nov 5, 2006, 03:59 PM
Given the compartmental nature of the game, I'd say that booting for gameplay reasons is a bit harsh. In all probability, you're only going to party with these people one time; just disband after the mission's over and viola, you never have to deal with them again. Mid-mission boots are, in my eyes, a weapon of last resort. I'd reserve them only for players who are persistently verbally abusive, not for people who don't play the way I'd prefer them to.

SpishackCola
Nov 5, 2006, 04:02 PM
Your game, your rules. You were right, they were wrong. People trying to take the other side seem to forget the part about him NOT attacking after hitting everything once. I do like how you booted his buddy though.

"Oh, I can't believe you booted my buddy. That's so not cool. We're never gonna run with you again, after I finish this run first." *Kick* Classic!

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-11-05 12:53, Reeses wrote:
Yeh, I agree that I also hit every enemy at least once, but I follow that up with taking them out 1 by 1 after. All he did was stand there and wait for items to drop so he could pick them up. The only thing i dont understand is if the item distribution was on order....why would make a mad dash to pick up every item? I'm just at a loss lol

Because he was borderline retarded, as Yoruichi stated earlier.

happy_cricket
Nov 5, 2006, 04:28 PM
I think it's funny that even though you told them at the outset about the item distribution and to stick together, the first guy did it anyway. This is clearly his playing style - one of those players that gives entire job classes a bad name.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 5, 2006, 04:43 PM
No reeses, what you did makes me fell warm and fuzzy inside

I hate players like that

BrentGamer
Nov 5, 2006, 04:48 PM
Unless you told them that they had no lifes and that their mothers were the equivilent of aa Rag Rappy in the fact that you could destroy her in one hit and take her feathers, I don't think that you were being mean.

KireekSr
Nov 5, 2006, 04:48 PM
They can find other games and they were contributing 0 to the party experience.

In fact they were making you uncomfortable. In the end they were doing nothing but subtracting.

In this day and age we only pay money to run things as well as we can get them. Just because they are slackers in real life doesn't mean they can drag others down by being a slacker in a team-based situation in an online game. You run a good party, don't change it please.

Dukelion
Nov 5, 2006, 05:57 PM
I would have kicked him the moment I saw him doing that. Then the friend the moment he opened his mouth. I once got kicked by a guy who kicked everyone but his 2 friends AFTER we just be De Ragan so that they would get the items. Everything was set to finder. At least I got the Mp and Meseta for trail completion.

After that I asked him: "Why did you kick me?" His response "Because I can"...If you see a Melandy...Melody...or wtf that guys name was...shove a spear up his @#$

Aegias
Nov 5, 2006, 11:37 PM
I think you did the right thing. I would have done the same, those people are the reason I stay in a locked four man group 24/7. I may be a "nerd" but when I play a game I want me and my party to be playing it to the best of their ability, even if their bad atleast their trying and are willing to learn.

Team Winnebago salutes you, err atelast I do.

ProfessorZ
Nov 5, 2006, 11:41 PM
Tyrant

Candor
Nov 5, 2006, 11:55 PM
Of course it was the right thing, you play this game for fun and if someone is interfering you don't have to put up with them. there are plenty of other good players out there to group with, so don't worry about him (or his friend who practically asked to be kicked).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-05 20:56 ]</font>