PDA

View Full Version : Wake me up when the updates come

Caydence
Nov 5, 2006, 05:38 PM
im 50xp from level 24... and im too bored to even go there.

i hate reading topics like this, but now i seem to be posting one. its not that i hate the game or anything, its very good. but running De Ragan 100 times a day isnt fun. Sega, you guys need to give us the whole game already.

daylight129
Nov 5, 2006, 05:39 PM
Impatience is a virt...er...patience! Have patience!

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 05:40 PM
So do something besides de ragan. There's other planets you know.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 5, 2006, 05:46 PM
Neudaiz. You know you haven't gone there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rena-ko
Nov 5, 2006, 05:47 PM
or quit the game, spend the time with something else and then come back in like... 3-6 months? worked for me back then on PSO.

Caydence
Nov 5, 2006, 05:48 PM
Neudaiz is wierd. i did Neudaiz runs before parum runs... they got repetitive to. and i hate those stupid robots..

Pandatron
Nov 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
Ya seriously all PSO or PSU for that matter is all about patience. I mean remember the old PSO days were grinding in the 100 lvl range took god awful amounts of defeating the same enemy over and over again on the same run over and over again... ah good times... glad there back ^_^.

Caydence
Nov 5, 2006, 05:54 PM
but PSO was alot of fun. this game is missing something maybe..

IrishSoldier
Nov 5, 2006, 06:51 PM
I just think it's bullshit that ST has no problem charging us 10 dolalrs this month, while giving us no content. That's bullshit, call it whining all you want but we pay 10 bucks for updates, not just to play.

DizzyDi
Nov 5, 2006, 06:52 PM
They are giving us content, just not RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

g00dman12
Nov 5, 2006, 07:06 PM
I say you should just keep going on there are ppl at lvl50 now Lol.

happy_cricket
Nov 5, 2006, 07:09 PM
You know, I just cant help but think that that Sonic Team never intended for anyone to do 100+ DeRagen runs in a twenty-four period. It is obsessive compulsive MUST LEVEL NOW behaviour that has made this game boring for certain people.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 5, 2006, 07:17 PM
Bored already at 24. If you are already bored this early in the game then it would be in your best interest to just quit an save yourself that 10$ a month.

Emgro
Nov 5, 2006, 07:18 PM
There isn't much else for us to do than De Ragan.

Linear Line? I ran that puppy about forty, fifty times before lvl 10.
Relics/Sleeping Warriors? I alternate that and Plains Overlord pretty well.
Onmagoug? Whoop-de-do, the idiot has annoying shotgun attacks that can instant kill a force, he flies too much, and I've still killed him more than ten times.
Giant Robot? I've done him about twenty times. The returns aren't as good as De Ragan, the previous level is longer and more annoying, and those stupid robots asplode. Or explode, or even both.
I haven't missed anything. Level your PM? Sure, if you want to level a Mind PM, all there is to do is farm De Ragan to get money to buy stuff to makes staffs to feed him. Synth weapons? That takes money, best gotten by hunting De Ragan.

In short, the best places for ____ is always De Ragan, whether XP, money, or job XP. It's really pretty sad.

And for those saying we've played the game too hard: We're paying a fee for content after dropping $60 on the game itself, and getting nothing for our cash.

RadiantLegend
Nov 5, 2006, 08:03 PM
Then play offline mode.

ProfessorZ
Nov 5, 2006, 08:08 PM
level your pm thats all i do to stay interested

Stryfe1
Nov 5, 2006, 08:10 PM
If your crying about content, then you would be crying about the release date if they tossed it back to release the full game.

Play offline mode or something.

Emgro
Nov 5, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'm seriously tempted to call up Sega (if there was a way to call them) and threaten them with a class-action lawsuit. It'd be interesting to see their reaction.

Because we now know, courtesy of Rockstar and Hot Coffee, we have been given rights and access to all the code on that disc. If the data for Moatoob and elite classes are there, isn't it fishy that we can't access it in Online Mode?

Merumeru
Nov 5, 2006, 08:51 PM
XD ive got no choice but to make a new character, but the grind all over again is going to be kind of repetitive....oh well~

Reeses
Nov 5, 2006, 10:25 PM
Personally, I can understand why some people are upset about the fact that we payed $60 for the game, the dropped another $60 for the 3 month membership, and what do we get? The same thing over and over again...

Granted, PSU wasnt really made to be a MMORPG. In fact, I dont even think it ISlisted as a MMORPG. The only sense I can make of all of this is that SEGA honestly thought the majority of its buyers were buying it for Offline Mode, when actually, alot of us bought it to play JUST Online Mode (Lord knows I did, i could give a rats A$$ about Ethan Waber)...

Overall, I just think that people are a tad bit upset because released PSU had (I'm assuming) tons of offline content and zilch for online. I just hope SEGA realizes that their fan base is on the online portion of the game and not the offline. And yes, I may be saying the obvious but some people dont realize this lol. Hopefully this week we will get a great big bag of content that we can all be happy with! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PALRAPPYS
Nov 5, 2006, 10:28 PM
Try making a new character. Different class! Then you can have more variety. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-11-05 17:33, Emgro wrote:
I'm seriously tempted to call up Sega (if there was a way to call them) and threaten them with a class-action lawsuit. It'd be interesting to see their reaction.

Because we now know, courtesy of Rockstar and Hot Coffee, we have been given rights and access to all the code on that disc. If the data for Moatoob and elite classes are there, isn't it fishy that we can't access it in Online Mode?

Their reaction would probably be along the lines of LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOOLLOLOOLOL.

Sure, you may have access to the code, and you may own the disk, but you do not own the servers for online, so I lol at your legal idea.

DarkSeph
Nov 5, 2006, 10:37 PM
I was so ticked that they didn't put up the Halloween decorations (in relation to content that is) and yet now that I think about it I'm sorta glad because my character is not leveled enough to probably have gotten events or beaten events that would have landed me the really cool items. I still would have enjoyed the decorations though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 10:38 PM
There's always next October for that.

Para
Nov 5, 2006, 10:42 PM
Too many people doing De Ragan runs... too little people in neudaiz.. more than half the population is obsessed with gaining meseta and experience quick. Best way? De Ragan and they're willing to grind themselves for it.

Solution? Arrange meetings with those who feel the same way as you and do some Neudaiz parties... people complain about PSU being easy (because they spend so much time in Parum they forget about Neudaiz).

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 5, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-11-05 16:06, g00dman12 wrote:
I say you should just keep going on there are ppl at lvl50 now Lol.

Uh, no, dont tell oen person to try and get 50 now, the 50s that are out now have been power leveled by teh clock by a team of crack exp grinders thats why you see so few of them

PJ
Nov 5, 2006, 10:50 PM
Oh my fucking god

I just gout out of Saner's topic, and this is the EXACT. SAME. SHIT.

PSU HAS BEEN OUT (Officially) FOR 12 DAYS. Not even a fucking month.

The people who are already level 50 are a testiment to how sad the PSU community is, but this is just... just wow.

Avion
Nov 5, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-11-05 19:50, PJ wrote:
Oh my fucking god

I just gout out of Saner's topic, and this is the EXACT. SAME. SHIT.

PSU HAS BEEN OUT (Officially) FOR 12 DAYS. Not even a fucking month.

The people who are already level 50 are a testiment to how sad the PSU community is, but this is just... just wow.

^gotta agree with this. It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. People need to chill

ShinMaruku
Nov 5, 2006, 11:10 PM
Paying for updates? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's not an update but rather an unlockdate. It's extortion they runnin.
Lucky me I'm not going online till december.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:15 PM
On 2006-11-05 20:10, ShinMaruku wrote:
Paying for updates? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's not an update but rather an unlockdate. It's extortion they runnin.
Lucky me I'm not going online till december.

Extortion? lolno. Cunning business plan? Maybe.

ShinMaruku
Nov 5, 2006, 11:16 PM
Cunning bussness plans on the leevl of this is extortion.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:25 PM
Notrly.

Nowhere did they say "Pay the fee and you instantly get all the content ever right off the bat! ^O^"

LegendaryZero
Nov 6, 2006, 12:37 AM
They do say that you're paying for updates and extra content including an expansion pack, but we're just getting extra content that's already on the disc we bought and we'll end up buying the expansion too. So technically we're not paying for updates or extra content of any kind.

If I didn't think the game was so fun I'd be pretty pissed off by that.

IrishSoldier
Nov 6, 2006, 12:46 AM
12 Days is almost a month. And nothing. What's so hard to open extra areas, what's so hard to add a few items? Your telling me by release Sega wasn't working on anything extra untill now? This is typical Sonic Team, just like they did with Xbox PSO, they're doing it now. Taking a bit for updates. To those bitching about the high levels. Who cares? Some people have no lives, and some get addicted. That's what a company would want, dont ya think?

I for one, am not to addicted. I'm only a level 14 guy and a lvl 2 hunter. But to each their own. All I said was, I want my updates for every month I pay. What's that 10 dollars going to? Does Sega need that much to add shit? I doubt it, but this is typical ST. They make a good product and do a bad job with it. I'm not being impatient, I'm just a little, shall we say gung ho (or however you say it) with ST, because they did this same stuff on Xbox PSO.

Xbob
Nov 6, 2006, 12:48 AM
You have access to the online mode, the full story mode, extra mode and updates on the way. Stop crying. If you expect them to add crap in every single day, you've obviously never played any sort of video game in your life and need to just quit. Yes, they haven't given us everything that's already there, but that's only because if they did, people like you would obsessively play the game and have already done every last thing by now and still be crying. So at least it SEEMS like we're getting new content, plus Japan is ALREADY getting BRAND NEW content. And we'll be on the same schedule as them, our game came out after theirs, so we have to wait as long as they did for their first update.

If you think this update took long, you should've been around for WoW.

Or, God help us, FFXI.

Ether
Nov 6, 2006, 12:54 AM
I think the anti-whiners are worse than the whiners

The game has 3 viable missions right now (relics, dragon, temple), and not a single one touches the variety or length of any stage in PSO besides forest, how can you think thats fine

Trilom
Nov 6, 2006, 04:26 AM
I'm indifferent about the shortness of PSU. Heres what I think, if you even have PSU, then I dont think you should be complaining. PSU isnt this big game that everyone plays, not many people have even heard of it, and the thrill of getting it, after the wait was amazing, and it hasnt lost that feel, even though it is highly repeptive, but yet so was PSO in the end game, 4 worlds, then 4 or 5 more with v2. I can wait for update, theres so much to do, i thought it was just going to go to a stand still but then i thought about it "I just got my pm battle ready, why not train him?" "Get Fo to 10, then work on other classes?" "Save meseta until the update so you can buy all the new stuff(SPELLS WOOT!)" "Level more so that you can hit the new update running?" So thats what I'm doing, I'm level 34, i dont know if thats at the obsessive grinding stage or something, but It is really fun playing. Me, my RL friend(who i coax'ed into playing), My brother, and my 2 ho's (NPC and PM), and sometimes one other person, are up doing Neiduz runs at night because its fun, and its boring to explore alone. So in my opinion stop whining, PSU shouldnt have been just a game you buy, because if you have never played it, its a low probability you'll get online with it, infact about 50% of the people I have played with online, played PSO. I'm happy with PSU, wouldnt be too happy if this is all we got, but i knwo its not, so im sitting back and playing, paitentally waiting on the update, we should all do the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2006, 04:34 AM
LOL. I'm not even online yet. I'm in no rush.

I'm having fun in storymode and extra mode. Can't wait to play online (once RL stuff is put together). I for one can be patient and wait for the update to come.

Sayara
Nov 6, 2006, 03:10 PM
I guess "sucks to be you for starting this soon" is for you. If you were so "precautious" about not wasting you cash then you would of just bought the game now, and waited for like 2-3 months THEN connect on. (And the way some people are playing; you'd be 20+ by the end of the first week http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Also.
12 days is not almost a month.
15 is pushing it, for it is half.
19+ is almost a month.

Shigecki
Nov 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-11-05 21:46, IrishSoldier wrote:
All I said was, I want my updates for every month I pay. What's that 10 dollars going to? Does Sega need that much to add shit? I doubt it, but this is typical ST. They make a good product and do a bad job with it. I'm not being impatient, I'm just a little, shall we say gung ho (or however you say it) with ST, because they did this same stuff on Xbox PSO.

The fee it to allow you to play the game online....that's it. It's a fee Sonic Team chose for us to play their game. This money doesn't go for anything else but the ability to play the game online. Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you pay anything for a game online that it entitles you to anything more than that.

With that said I have a question for all those who respond to this post with "It's only been.....". When does it become OK to complain about not having whatever? Since you guys have appointed yourselves the rulers of when it is OK to bitch about this thing, when is it? Is 18 days too soon? 24 days? When? Am I the only one who played PSO that is still waiting for their PGF or red ring? I don't care if their shitty weapons or not that great of a shield, not the point.

I'm not mad or complaining about not getting all the stuff on launch, I just don't understand. Why make us wait? What's the point? Then it hit me like a bag of bricks....MONEY. Bleed us dry. Take as much for as long as they can. Hopefully it won't backfire on them. It's a fun game so far. I just remember the mass exits that happened on PSOX when we didn't get our first Easter. Oh well. It's just a game.

BTW I refuse to play the story mode until they give us unlock every planet. I don't want my first view of the entire game to be with Ethan. I have a friend that completed story mode and I won't let him tell me about the items he used.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 6, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-11-06 13:16, Shigecki wrote:

The fee it to allow you to play the game online....that's it. It's a fee Sonic Team chose for us to play their game. This money doesn't go for anything else but the ability to play the game online. Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you pay anything for a game online that it entitles you to anything more than that.

Thank you! Finally, someone else who seems to grasp the point of this fee. I don't think it mentions anywhere how regularly the updates have to be made. You knew how much you were gonna have to pay before you bought the game, so either shut the fuck up and play, or just stick to offline.

And that lawsuit idea? Oh please, a corporation like sega won't feel intimidated by some pissy teenager.

PJesus
Nov 9, 2006, 10:24 AM
On 2006-11-05 17:03, Ragolismine wrote:
Then play offline mode.

What happens if i've already beaten story and have a handful of level 10+ characters in extra mode? I'm still stuck where I was.

Squall179
Nov 9, 2006, 03:24 PM
Basical its like this.

THeir not giving everyhign all at once, so when new thigns come their NEW and renew the gameplay

As said before if you dont want to wait then stop for a little bit save for occasional chckbacks. Otherwise just play the game and grind so yoru Ready for Mootube when it opens (as Im sure its gonna be hella hard, the missions)

Only reason I havent been on is cause of router issues oor Id be grinding too