PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy? In MY Rants?

DizzyDi
Nov 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
Disclaimer:Use of the N word will be used in this rant, but soley for the purpose of the rant and in no other way.

Its more likely than you think.
Hi guys, I usually don't browse rants and I've never posted one of my own but there is just something I have to completely rant about?

I'm real close to giving up on my generation.

To elaborate further. I'm real close to giving up on this generation of american-blacks.

Now I know every generation goes through its bad points but what I saw today is just ridiculous.

Myspace.com, the hottest thing on the net right now pretty much. Of course there are going to be websites that are based on myspace but are geared toward blacks a little more.

Blackplanet.com and streetspace.com(or mystreetspace.com, I can't really remember).

Ok cool, nothing really wrong with them. But I was browsing one of my usual sites for hip-hop info and came across an article that was talking about the newest website to capitilize on the myspace craze:

http://www.niggaspace.com (A place fo' niggas)

Do I even need to fucking go any further on why this horrible?

I mean damn, we might as well all go back to the Jim Crow era is people are going to do stupid shit like this.

Heres what the creator has to say about why he chose to name his site this:

This site is in no way meant to be racist.

A common endearing term used by many black people is, "nigga" not to be confused with a different and offensive term, "nigger". The word, "nigga" is in rap songs, daily conversations, on TV, etc. yet the word still has so much mixed emotions attached. One of my intentions is for this word to no longer have such mixed emotions. Part of my intention for this site is for the word nigga to embody images of brotherhood, and fraternity rather than images of ignorance and hate.

How great would it be, if the mixed emotions that this word carries along with it, were stripped down to something more positive? Only positive.

Of course there are going to be two sides to this, but just know that intentions are noble. So create an account, and start the revolution!

Regards,
Tyrone and Staff

That is the COMPLETELY wrong way of going about try to change the connotation of the word. This site is only going to further negative stereotypes.

This right here just makes me ashamed to be black.

MaximusLight
Nov 5, 2006, 09:47 PM
That is kind of sad, I mean using the term like that just isn't going to help really, and using rap songs as an excuss fails out loud, usually using when that term get used in a rap song it isn't saying very much of the song in the first place...

Poor DizzyDi I can only image how that must have hurt... not that most anyone in this generation is is really better anyways... boneheads.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 6, 2006, 02:15 AM
MySpace has a reputation for hatemongering going unchecked there, so to make a site to capitalize on its popularity with this intention won't go down well I agree.

Even if the word is okay among certain people, there's still people who don't use it and don't want it used by others either.

A comedian such as a Richard Pryor or Dave Chappelle might use it a lot but Steve Harvey won't use it at all. He's been successful without using it so there's no reason for him to, its not his style, its not necessary, and it doesn't make someone funnier just by using it.

I took the link you put up there and after a few clicks see a poll such as:

-
Cracka surrounded by Ill Niggas

NBA Coach
NFL Coach
Warden
Future Dead Person
-

Not a site for hate and ignorance huh?

Then why are users allowed to make such polls?

The name stands out and being a MySpace clone might entail just as little moderation going on as the site its mimicking, so things will get out of hand sooner rather than later.

InfinityXXX
Nov 6, 2006, 10:37 PM
Woah, its been a while since I stopped by here.lol

Wuzzup Dizzy.

(Puts on Malcolm X glasses)

As you know, and the folks that know me here know. I'm a big fan of hip hop and rap music. But I get so damn tired of that lame ass excuse that some ignorant rappers/fans/and people try to use about the N word.

No matter how you spell it. The N word means the same thing. Its a word brought up by hate and used with hate and many african americans should be shamed to use that word. It may not hurt us that much, the younger generation, but its really painful to the older generations and our ancestors. That word should be abolished out of respect for our elders and because its just a dumb word.

I know, I slip up every now and then and I my friends use it but as I get older, I find myself rarely using that word. I doubt it'll ever be abolished (due to stuff like rap, boondocks, and people) but the least we can do is not advertise it and parade it around. To advertise it and parade it around is a slap in the face to so many.(black and white)

DizzyDi
Nov 8, 2006, 04:32 PM
Yo Infinity. I knew you'd pop into this thread eventually.
I admit that even I use the word from time to time hanging with friends.
I don't think its a horrible word when used around your good friends or whatever.
Hell, some of the most intelligent, respectable blacks use it.
But nonetheless the word will always be what it is.
And a site like this is DEFINATELY not going to change that. It wouldn't be as bad (but still bad) if the site was even slightly presentable. Instead it just looks like 'ol "Tyrone and Staff" was just sittin around and it all started with "You know what would be a good idea?" Its impossible to "revolutionize" the N word when you got people posting polls like "How often do you smoke weed?". Damn, they might as well have a dancing blackface puppet holding some chicken as the mascot. This website is pretty much the EPITOME of everything I hate about this generation of blacks. Seems like we're all just a bunch of ignorant fools, chasing after what we see on TV, trying to be hard, having sex as early as possible and with as many people as possible.

Sord
Nov 8, 2006, 08:26 PM
heh, about time an African-American ranted about this. Granted, I'm white, so assuming I'm telling the truth of my skin color, it probably wouldn't mean anything coming from me had I brought the reason up.

The whole situation behind the word is really rather ironic. Originally for discrimination againt's African-Americans, it has become a title spoken between a lot of today's African-American youth. The irony being that should a white person say it, they are likely to be dissed, beaten, ganged up on, etc. In the end the word begins to seperate themselves from white people, only furthering a distinction between white and black peoples, which was part of the original intent and malice behind the word. The main diffrence being it has a positive outlook in certain circumstances, but only allowing it between black people still encourages seperation.

Furthermore, the idea that just because they are African-American gives them the right to give themselves such a title is pretty ludacris. They did not work their ass off in slavery, they did not get whipped with a cat-tail for not doing work, they do not get beaten when they try to vote, they cannot be held back from a job due to race (and if they are they can file a very hefty lawsuite,) they are not segregated, they rarely are in African-American support groups that try to further good causes, and many are actually pretty well off in life. Don't get me wrong, I'd be in denial if I said no racism existed. It certainly does exist, but in America the acts of racism are no where near that of the acts commited against African-American ancestors. Certainly not enough in quantity or brutality to use such a strong strong word as such a common title as if someone had suffered under it. Even as the idea of it being a brotherly bond, it is made brotherly out of supposed opression against African-Americans, which compared to the opression of those who were originally labeled the term is zilch.

Firocket1690
Nov 9, 2006, 02:14 AM
Hmmm. Racism is a rather fun topic.

I dunno. I've always had this strange mental philosophy that racism will never end, as long as people overreact to people using certain words. Regardless of race, allowing some poeple to use more vocabulary in a (socially) positive manner, and the same word being offensive when said by others itself is a form of segregation. If everyone was allowed to use vocabulary with nobody beating them up for it, then that would be equality, no? As strange as it may seem the concept of "that's our word, you people can't say that" is denying others of their vocabulary. Is that not a form of segregation?

Personally, I'm quite accepting of all races, but you honestly have to admit, a good portion of today's youth is disgracing culture. Aforementioned, 'nigger' is used in occasional modern day conversation by blacks. I'm only pissed when someone comes up to me, and asks "What up, mah nigga?" To which, I'd usually respond, "I'm not your nigga!" And they'd get all pissy because I used "their" word. Worst I've suffered was a sneaker thrown to the back of my head/neck. I can't be at fault when they're misusing their words? I can't quite explain why they throw their words freely and take offence when others say it.

Races aside, the student usually whining about the teacher taking away electronic devices, not paying attention, etc are usually black. People tell you not to do something, and they do it. I call that ignorance.

I apologize for my personal bias, but I'm seeing a lot of this in my school, as of late. It's probably the bad neighborhood, or just the result of shitty influences. Somewhere between my schools' integration rant, and a bunch of violent black students getting arrested during the pep rally, I lost patience.

Speaking of shitty influences. I blame the media, most notably in the audio portion.

Oh, and ironically enough. Well. Black people are quite funny. Historically, almost every "minority" has had their trials and sufferings when comming to America. Blacks were the only group to complain about it. Admittedly, that's what lead to the ... more equally accepting laws we have today. Well, there is quite a bad downside to this?
For some peculiar unexplainable reason, whenever blacks are denied any right, more often than not, they pull out the race card for no apparant reason. Why? Because it fucking works. ;/

Oh, and on a last note, I have a bad tendency to use "blacks" instead of "African Americans" because that would make the assumption that the other person hails from from Africa. Others come from Haiti, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad, etc.

Meh, just my ... loose change. Lots of it. A good majority of people around my school are leaving a really bad impression of themselves on me. Classic case of a few bad apples spoiling the barrel?

Oh, Dizzy, Inf, whomever else, don't take offense to the post, it wasn't meant to be offensive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-11-08 23:26 ]</font>

Blanze
Nov 13, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-11-08 23:14, Firocket1690 wrote:

PS: Blanze is our master.
Who cares about the race as long as they have some thing wrong with them for example you, your retarted or just plain old stupid ^_^.

Xaos127
Nov 14, 2006, 04:51 AM

I dunno. I've always had this strange mental philosophy that racism will never end, as long as people overreact to people using certain words. Regardless of race, allowing some poeple to use more vocabulary in a (socially) positive manner, and the same word being offensive when said by others itself is a form of segregation. If everyone was allowed to use vocabulary with nobody beating them up for it, then that would be equality, no? As strange as it may seem the concept of "that's our word, you people can't say that" is denying others of their vocabulary. Is that not a form of segregation?

Personally, I'm quite accepting of all races, but you honestly have to admit, a good portion of today's youth is disgracing culture. Aforementioned, 'nigger' is used in occasional modern day conversation by blacks. I'm only pissed when someone comes up to me, and asks "What up, mah nigga?" To which, I'd usually respond, "I'm not your nigga!" And they'd get all pissy because I used "their" word. Worst I've suffered was a sneaker thrown to the back of my head/neck. I can't be at fault when they're misusing their words? I can't quite explain why they throw their words freely and take offence when others say it.

First off, "Nigga" or "Nigger" is not as you say "their" word, the word was used by caucasian slave owners as a way to degrade the African American slaves. And you wonder why people take offence to that ?

RyuKisargi
Nov 14, 2006, 07:04 AM
I almost got my ass kicked one day when I was still in high school, joking around with my best friend. (( He's black. ))

I asked him about it later, and he said, "You've never heard me say it because using the word "Nigger" in any form is just damn ignorant. It's racism against me personally. Anyone that tells me "What's up mah niggah!" usually gets a boot to the head."

5 minutes later someone DID get a boot to the head. A football player. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Schubalts
Nov 14, 2006, 10:33 PM
Damn, Ryu. I wish black kids around HERE, were like that. I mean, I'm a black kid, too, but I have to admit it. This generation is borderline retarded!

Ruby-chan
Nov 16, 2006, 03:55 AM
Personally I believe that the fact that it's desired to make a "blackspace.com" site (even not using the word) to seperate from myspace is indicative of a larger and more insidious problem as a whole. You can see it a lot more in other things. It sometimes seems like that with the laws of segregation gone a certain number of black people wish to voluntarily segregate themselves. And while it's true people in a group usually tend to gather to their own in their own comfortzone this often hasn't gone to things such as TV channels, newspapers, websites, and phones. (Boost Mobile phones make me die a little inside.)

Out_Kast
Nov 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
Racism... sucks. There isn't any need for it. Lots of my really good friends are black.
So, therefore... I'm against it.
And... what was said on that website was... kinda wrong... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2006-11-17 09:02 ]</font>

Garroway
Nov 16, 2006, 09:57 PM
Racism is a rather interesting topic (I don't know if I would use the word "fun" though I agree with Firocket1690 for the most part)

The term "Nigger" is basicaly just a bastardization of "Negro", or "Niger", meaning the color "Black" (and "Nigga" is merely an even further bastardization). So as far as I'm concerned, without even being racialy motivated yet, the word is born from ignorance. It's just plain bad language, and for that reason alone should not be used.

As far as racism in general goes, I think the problem is a lot worse than most people realise. One of my best friends (since we were 13) is black. He has always been very articulate, well dressed, and hard working. Qualities that he picked up from his parents (whom are from the Virgin Islands so I've always found the term African-American a little grating also) who have always treated me as family, and though not relatd by blood, I love them all very dearly. While growing up, I witnessed thoughout his entire life, being referred to as an "Oreo" and an "Uncle Tom" for no other reason than those qualities I just mentioned. He was made to feel that his success was a betrayal to his skin color by other black americans. In the 16 years that I have known him, I have seen him accused of trying to be white 10 times more than I've seen him congratulated on his success. This is clearly racism, and in my opinion it's racism of the worst kind, but nobody seems to want to address it.

The very bottom line is skin color is absolutely meaningless. People need to find pride in themselves as individuals and stop leaning on their race as a crutch.

InfinityXXX
Nov 18, 2006, 01:59 AM
On 2006-11-14 19:33, Schubalts wrote:
Damn, Ryu. I wish black kids around HERE, were like that. I mean, I'm a black kid, too, but I have to admit it. This generation is borderline retarded!

I know exactly how you feel. Many of the other people/races here on this site may not understand but not only is there racism/prejudice between blacks and whites or hispanic and blacks or whites and hispanics etc......

....There is racism and segregation in the VERY own black community. Someone posted that he/she had a black friend that was very hard working but was being called white and an oreo and this IS VERY TRUE.(most black people on this site can vouch for that)

The problem is, is that in this generation, where stereotpyes are accepted by their own people(mainly through ignorant HIP POP (note that I didn't say hip hop) and ignorant entertainers .....anything that is out of the stereotype is viewed as betraying your own race.

Because I listen to other genres of music besides rap and R&B. Because I don't talk with slang and becuase I make straight A's and have high goals in life......I;VE been called a white boy numerous times.( And if your a BLACK republican then you'll REALLY be called EVERY name in the book)

But many who know me and many on this site can tell you that I am VERY Down and in touch with my culture. To be honest, these shufflig, jiving, fools that call others uncle toms and oreos are the uncle toms theirselves. Anytime you accept ur stereotpye, purposely act on your stereotype, and down someone of your race thats being positive..... your a fool in my eyes.

I have very few black male friends for these are the worst affected. About 97% of the black guys at my school are either clouded in fake ideals of being a thug, drug dealer or weed head with low priorities or they disown their race(the kind that say their not black and are not proud of their culture).

That remaining 3% is me and my friends and thats a damn shame since theres about 100-160 black males at our school.

I plan on being a big civil rights leader but sometimes, I look at my race and I just wanna give up. I dunno what to do to be honest. I love rap but this fake ass rap that be on the radio and parents are the MAJOR cause as to why the YOUNG GENERATION of the african american race is so screwed up. The men are into pimpin, 22s, and weed and the girls are busy trying to act HARD and tough(which is VERY unattractive) (keep in mind I'm not saying all *me and many other black users on this site are exceptions to that*)

...and there are no parents to negate these unrealistic, negative ideals. A large amount of black kids have single parent mothers and those mothers are too busy working to get the bills paid or going to school. The parents have no time to properly raise and discipline their children. But it CAN be done. My mom was a single parent and she went to work and school and she raised me right.

But what really makes it bad is when you have white people or other races try to emulate their "so called view" on what being black is and MAJORITY of the time its dressing with bagging pants, saying nigga, rapping, and using slang which is SO dumb cuz majority of these copying races were not even raised that way........

.....so this leads back to how powerful the music nowadays is and how influential it is. But you have rappers (Camron in particular) that will argue with you that their music has nothing to deal with the deteriotaing values in young blacks.(which is a bunch of BS)

The only way I can think of combating this blanket of ignorance covering over our generation is to combat the music and then the parents. In my opinion, the radio should be banned. The Program directors for the radio stations have to much control over the music which influences our life and the GOOD and Talented Singers/Rappers are neglected. *Anyone remembember when it was found out that BET banned the music video, "Lovin it" by Little Brother, because it was qoute "Too intelligent?"*. (BET must also die and burn in hell along with MTV)

And then parents should be talked too about how important it is to talk to their kids and instill values.

If this can happen then I think that stuff can somewhat get on track amonst the young generation.
-------------------------------
I apologize if this somehow strayed off topic but the whole "nigga" v.s "nigger" arguement ties into how dumb the younger generation is and is becomming.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-11-17 23:01 ]</font>

Ruby-chan
Nov 18, 2006, 02:14 AM
On 2006-11-17 22:59, InfinityXXX wrote:
The only way I can think of combating this blanket of ignorance covering over our generation is to combat the music and then the parents. In my opinion, the radio should be banned. The Program directors for the radio stations have to much control over the music which influences our life and the GOOD and Talented Singers/Rappers are neglected. *Anyone remembember when it was found out that BET banned the music video, "Lovin it" by Little Brother, because it was qoute "Too intelligent?"*. (BET must also die and burn in hell along with MTV)

It's never a good idea to get the gov't banning things like this. I respect your dislike of this music, but writing letters to radio stations, propaganda, and making it profitable for them not to play this kind of music is the proper way to go about it.

InfinityXXX
Nov 18, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2006-11-17 23:14, Ruby-chan wrote:

On 2006-11-17 22:59, InfinityXXX wrote:

It's never a good idea to get the gov't banning things like this. I respect your dislike of this music, but writing letters to radio stations, propaganda, and making it profitable for them not to play this kind of music is the proper way to go about it.

Lol, I didn't really mean actual Banning, I was trying to be a bit funny by saying Ban but I do think that most radio stations need to put a lot more variety in their artist and that a lot of program directors single out a lot of singers/rappers that are GREATLY talented and that have positive messages in their music.

Edit: But as fas as Banning. I do stick by with me saying BET needs to be taken off the air(well not the whole network but most of its shows*mainly the music shows*)...that or the whole network neet to be recreated completely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-11-17 23:23 ]</font>

Ruby-chan
Nov 18, 2006, 02:23 AM
Ah, just checking. You can never been to sure. There's a whole lot of people today that think if you have a problem the best way to fix it is to write a law forbidding it, freedom be damned.

Sord
Nov 18, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-11-17 23:20, InfinityXXX wrote:
Lol, I didn't really mean actual Banning, I was trying to be a bit funny by saying Ban but I do think that most radio stations need to put a lot more variety in their artist and that a lot of program directors single out a lot of singers/rappers that are GREATLY talented and that have positive messages in their music.

don't find to much of that stuff, at least not without looking hard for it, that is the case around here anyways. My sister would probably be classified as a "wigger" by half of my school at least, though it's not to surprising (I won't bother with the details.) So as a result I've heard my fair share of rap and hip hop, and most of what I have heard is the same crap about sex, drugs, gangs, and money over and over again. However, I do like classic funk, hardly anyone makes that anymore, and the old stuff is mostly all good. More instrumental than lyrical, which is what I prefer.

Another thing, I have two younger half-brothers. They have a diffrent dad then me, he's black, our mom is white, so they are mixed. Also, they are autistic. So they are both retarded and extremely impressionable. Since their skin color leans more towards being black and they never see their father, they only have one constant source of black male models (good or bad,) the TV. And we all know that's mostly crap, to quote infinity "(BET must also die and burn in hell along with MTV)"

And god damn it, I am so sick of the word "Yo." They say it at the beggining and end of every other sentence. Then they spout some other stupid slang like it is funny but they don't have a friggen clue what it means. I'm all for increased censorship of music and TV, hell, even if the censorship expanded into genre's I like I would still give it up just to get rid of it. If I like something enough then I'll just get the money to buy it. In the mean time nobody else has to be exposed to it.

DizzyDi
Nov 18, 2006, 06:21 PM
I can't stand BET myself. Its like BET WANTS to keep the black community ignorant. The majority of the shows played on BET promote ignorance and whatnot. Just look at 106 and Park's top 10, look at the songs that are played, the videos, then what comes on afterwards? Stupidness like The Parkers, Comic View (which used to be good but now its just a whole buncha comedians doing jokes like "White people are likes this, and black people are like this") MTV is even worse. I just hate to see the way blacks have this whole follow the leader mentality.

Wyndham
Nov 18, 2006, 07:35 PM
Dizzy, that's why I never watched those channels. then my mom cut the cable. I see the stuff leaking into previously good shows. although, the Simpsons made fun of the "black guys like opposite of white guys" comedy routine, where Homer said "we're so lame!" or something like that.

Blitzkommando
Nov 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
It's one topic I try to avoid because it simply furthers its existance. But with your statements I felt I had to reply.

See, that could be taken a multitude of directions. For one thing it could be, "Hey motherfucker, how are you today?" to random people. Generally it results in a severe beating. It's inherently offensive. The "N" word amongst slews of other racist terms are inherently offensive. Frankly it would be best if people could forget the existance of those words but for whatever reason even though people have short memories they tend to remember only the most offensive things.

Now for a bit of an allusion from my experience when I lived in Florida. (Okaloosa County if you wanted to know. I loved it as it was one of the friendliest communities I've ever had the pleasure to not only visit, but to live) Anyway, if it is important to know, I am caucasian and male. There was one big racist in the school. He was a good bit shorter than everyone else and I believe he had a bit (understatement if anything) of a Napoleon complex. Anyway, he was black. His most common choices of referring to the non-black students were "Jewish Monkey" and "Cracker". I was offended, along with the majority of the school, by both of these terms.

Now, I'll sidestep here a bit to give some people a history of the word, "cracker". It's a term that was originally given to the extremely poor in the south, of ANY race, who could not even afford their own land. They were given land to tend that would have such hard-caked clay that they would have to break up the soil to even use it, hence 'cracking'. That made up a big portion of my father's mother's family. They were dirt poor but damn proud and happy. So his use of the word was particularly offensive to me.

Back to the main line of thought... I can't recall the number of times people complained about his racial slurs. (Mind you he didn't use just the two mentioned, he had quite the colorful vocabulary but those two terms just stuck with me) Students, including myself, would complain to teachers and faculty but the end result was he always was able to go on using his slurs without any problems. I remember him using the terms right in front of, and even TO teachers. They would sigh and shake their heads and that would be the end of it.

How'd he get away with it then? Well, when a teacher would tell him to stop he would begin to rant and rave about how the TEACHER was being racist. Apparently his mother had some pull somehow with the school and was able to keep reminding the staff of this. Racism won't end so long as bullshit like this happens, from any race. Now, I moved away mid-freshman year so I can't say how his highschool career turned out, but I imagine that someone finally got tired of his big mouth and gave him a beating. Unfortunately, I think that would only have given him more fuel for his fire.

Sorry if that was long, but I felt it pertained to the topic and to the history of how a term can always be, and always will be, offensive.

DonRoyale
Nov 19, 2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I agree. It's only enforcing the horrendous and pointless stereotype on blacks. "The White Man" (sure I'm white, but I'm not racist or sexist...If anything, I'd try to break that shit down) is always putting down people of colour. I just wish those white racist assholes would SHUT THE FUCK UP. Seriously. It's just rude and racist to call someone like that something like that.

I seriously think whoever invented that word in the first place should've been shot before he invented it. All it does is enforce the blind stereotype that black people aren't real people.

Yeah, black people aren't real people. Hip-hop isn't real music, either. Notice how people always say that? "Gangster rap enforces violence". And rock doesn't? No, it's because rap is primarily black-oriented and rock is primarily white-oriented. (Funny, I'm one of hip-hop's biggest fans, and an enormous hater of what I like to call 'emo rock'.)

SERIOUSLY, YOU CAN ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP, BECAUSE BLACKS ARE PEOPLE TOO. SHUT UP, ADMIT IT, YOU JUST DON'T WANNA CAUSE YOU NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE FUN OF TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.