PDA

View Full Version : IMO about his game

Tizzakowack
Nov 6, 2006, 01:51 AM
i played PSO for 500+ hours without going online and i still love it. so i go out and buy PSU just to play offline and i have played for 10 hours and already hate this game. i think they just made this game for online to get even more money from us so imho this game fails hard!! i'm taking it back to where i got it this weekend you guys aren't going to have my money. everything i liked about PSO, Rare hunting rare monster hunting just doing forest runs for the hell of it you cant really do it.. maybe online is a lot better but PSO was fun offline why cant PSU be?

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 01:51 AM
lol

Tizzakowack
Nov 6, 2006, 01:56 AM
and another thing that makes me really mad is you cant play multiplayer offline which makes me and my friends not very happy and is keeping them from buying it.

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 01:57 AM
Stop complaining and play PSO. This isn't PSO Episode 5. It's PSU. Notice the lack of an "o", and the addition of a "u"?

You probably like all of AC/DC's albums, huh? >_>

aquafire
Nov 6, 2006, 02:03 AM
I'd have to agree with Tizza. Multiplayer, rare enemies, etc. was a big part of offline PSO, and what made it so good.
Tizza don't forget about only being able to go to level 100 in this game. Even though the level ups are a little more worth it in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aquafire on 2006-11-05 23:15 ]</font>

Tizzakowack
Nov 6, 2006, 02:04 AM
actually i don't like old rock.... want to know something else that makes me mad i was playing in the relics or w/e and i fought the main boss guy and he dropped a salvous edge or something and before i pick it up it goes to a animated seen and it shows me running away and after the seen is over i try to go back and get it and it wouldn't let me. i know it is a totally different game but u would think they could have something i liked about PSO in there.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 6, 2006, 02:04 AM
On 2006-11-05 22:57, Deprimenthia wrote:
Stop complaining and play PSO. This isn't PSO Episode 5. It's PSU. Notice the lack of an "o", and the addition of a "u"?

He got overhyped and expected spu to be the best MMO to ever come out...its common. Seeing as japanese didn't have anythign unlocked when it started i expected no less yay me?

Tizzakowack
Nov 6, 2006, 02:07 AM
On 2006-11-05 23:04, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

On 2006-11-05 22:57, Deprimenthia wrote:

He got overhyped and expected spu to be the best MMO to ever come out...its common. Seeing as japanese didn't have anythign unlocked when it started i expected no less yay me?

actually its PSO was the only MMO game i have ever played i don't play video games to much so i don't think my expectations were to high.

aquafire
*sigh*This game's going down-hill just like the Tales series.

Deprimenthia
In my opinion, PSU is one of the best MMO's ever. Know why? IT'S FUN.

HOLY CRAP! O_O

...The AC/DC thing was a joke. If anyone gets it, +5 kvlt points to you. Anywho.

PSO fans are so picky. >_>

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 02:13 AM
Okay. Let's say the content was all there. What complaints would you have?

I am genuinely curious as to why you people are complaining about this game so much.

Tizzakowack
Nov 6, 2006, 02:17 AM
if the content was there why would i have complaints?

aquafire
Nov 6, 2006, 02:19 AM
I AM AT LEVEL 62 AND I STILL HAVEN'T ACQUIRED A FREAKIN RARE WEAPON. PATHETIC! THAT'S MY COMPLAINT.

also me and my bro would play multiplayer and clocked in around 700+ hours each. But you can just screw that idea thanks to PSU.

BTW we're talking about offline, I don't think any new content's gonna appear any time soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aquafire on 2006-11-05 23:23 ]</font>

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 02:19 AM
Exactly. Be patient.

Tizzakowack
Nov 6, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-11-05 23:19, aquafire wrote:
I AM AT LEVEL 62 AND I STILL HAVEN'T ACQUIRED A FREAKIN RARE WEAPON. PATHETIC! THAT'S MY COMPLAINT.

BTW we're talking about offline, I don't think any new content's gonna appear any time soon.

lol lets just go and return our games!! o yeah did u read my post about how i lost the rare weapon that really sucks. other than that i havn't got shit

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 02:24 AM
Ah. Oh well. Don't play games so much is the only answer I can give you. If you don't have online, anyway.

aquafire
Nov 6, 2006, 02:26 AM
I've only gotten the Real Handgun with Ethan. But behold when I equip it, it's a damn glove...WOW THAT'S AWESOME!

Garnet_Moon
Nov 6, 2006, 02:28 AM
I'm holding my comments until they release the quests at the Guardian Branch offices. At least I hope to god those are for quests and not actually useless.

Online, btw. Haven't touched offline yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-05 23:28 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 02:28 AM
Theres alot of stuff missing, Fanboys will sit there and flame everyone that says they dont like the game for "Insert Reason Here" reason. SEGA really should add more base content to the game, like clothes, rare weapons, armors, auro armors, things like that. It seems atm everyone is going to be running around with the 1 rare weapon in each class. Only thing anyone can do really is just check up on the japanese updates to see if they get anything good. What they get, we most likely will get as well.

Looking at it now, locked content is probably there because of the fact SEGA knew that some people with no lives would hit level cap in the first week and dominate over other players, putting the cap gives everyone a chance to get at the same level I guess. But with that said, I wonder whats going to happen once the euro players get on, were all going to be 60 and there going to be level 1 trying to buy over priced items due to meseta increase in the community.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 6, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-11-05 23:28, AkiraXxx wrote:
But with that said, I wonder whats going to happen once the euro players get on, were all going to be 60 and there going to be level 1 trying to buy over priced items due to meseta increase in the community.

Brilliant! Thanks for the idea. :^)

aquafire
Nov 6, 2006, 02:34 AM
I'm a huge, huge, HUGE level up freak (I've been spoiled by the Tales Series) and when I saw how you only go to level 100 on offline...I just wanna chunk the thing out the window.

BTW some people say to stop comparing this to PSO and I have to say this game is faaaaarr frome it, more like a POS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aquafire on 2006-11-05 23:36 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 02:37 AM
I havent even bothered playing honestly for a while, getting a lil bored, so I just sell stuff in my shop lol. Check up on it everyday and restock it, but once maotob is out and axes available, im going to make a +10 axe, or go dead broke trying.

aquafire
Nov 6, 2006, 02:40 AM
O yea, I forgot that offliners don't get axes or cards either. *throws PSU disk out the window*

Symtex360
Nov 6, 2006, 02:46 AM
On 2006-11-05 23:40, aquafire wrote:
O yea, I forgot that offliners don't get axes or cards either. *throws PSU disk out the window*

Yeah, It will be the first time that I will trade a Phantasy Star game. I still got my PSO3:Card Evolution and enjoyed it but PSU offline is joke.

Akagi
Nov 6, 2006, 02:49 AM
I have to admit that I felt like this game was going to be different. I guess I was trying to compare this game to pso, but I guess I'm going to have to accept that. However, me and my friends have this game and we enjoy playing this game even though it has it's limits... for now. I'm sure that this game will pick up after the updates and people will stop complaining, and pick up again. My only complaint would have to be that you can't level up your online character offline. Funny how you can do that in Phantasy Star ONLINE and not this game, but otherwise, I love this game.

aquafire
Nov 6, 2006, 02:56 AM
bout time this got moved.

Azraelscross
Nov 7, 2006, 03:28 PM
i am getting so sick of people complaining about this game. so its not PSO. so what? Changes are good. if they just released PSO Episodes for the rest of eternity it would get boring.

and Deprimenthia you win hard for having Tyr in your recently played tracks

Mystil
Nov 7, 2006, 06:51 PM
PSU = First official PS game in a long time, it is a standard RPG with SEGA's own style of developing one. Network mode is just an extra you can say. PSO was just an online game with awesome customization. Just because it says phantasy star doesn't mean Dark Falz and Olga are in it as well as parasitic gene flow and red ring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

aquafire
Nov 7, 2006, 11:17 PM
I'm just saying that if they took the tiny little step of improving offline (NOT EVERYONE IS ONLINE) by adding better drops and harder difficulties this game would be so better than PSO. Great graphics BTW.