PDA

View Full Version : HUcaseal vs HUmar vs HUcast vs HUnewearl...

haterade
Nov 18, 2002, 10:44 AM
Well... who would f**k up who, and why, in your opinion of course...

Since tech mean more now, the HUnewearl has an advantage now... but HUcast power is still great, but don't HUcaseals have great power AND DFP? The Humars... I just don't know... or maybe we can scrap all this and say it depends on the player...

TeamPhalanx
Nov 18, 2002, 11:00 AM
HUmar has higher ATP than HUcaseal...

HUcaseal probably starts out the best, but is probably the worst one once all stats are maxed. Offline, or when going solo, HUnewearl's probably the best, since her lack of ATP and HP is more than made up by her level 20 techs. HUmar is still probably the easiest to use, but it seems that HUcast is still king - No one's even close to his max ATP.

LollipopLolita
Nov 18, 2002, 11:26 AM
if you wanna check their stats, look here http://www.pso-world.com/charstats.php

character profiles are being worked on and should go live shortly.

enjoy!

CrashCat
Nov 18, 2002, 11:47 AM
I went with the HUcaseal due to rumors of Ult enemies having insane EVP, making it necessary to get as much ATA as you can muster. I'm not sure it's working out though, as my character seems to think she's a ranger; I got a partisan, sword, dagger, and brand, but she seems to do best with her MECHGUN. Gah...

(I know, don't use it on the gilchics and the slimes, thanks for the warning... ><)

Sedric
Nov 18, 2002, 11:56 AM
It all depends on what you want. You can go for high HP and ATP, namely HUcast, or good MST and well-rounded stats, namely HUnewearl. But be aware that both have serious problem with "missing" their targets frequently, as their ATA seems to be lacking. HUcaseal has good ATA for a hunter, but lacks in some other stat, as mentioned above. I can't really say for HUmar, since I haven't seen one in action yet. (Too many Hunnies running around online) All I know is that he's pretty weakened now without S&D, as others say. In any case, each of them have some sort of critical weakness-- so it's important to compensate for it one way or the other.

DirewolfX
Nov 18, 2002, 12:43 PM
I like my HUne... and I don't have any problems with missing targets even in Ultimate mode at level 80-ish. Your MAG should compensate for your weak stats... and for a HUne, that means lots of DEX and POW. I don't even use Shifta and Deband, and the only thing in Ultimate Forest that ever bothers me are Hidelts and the Sil Dragon.

Vandal
Nov 18, 2002, 01:09 PM
Agreed, using your mag to fix your ATA works well. The 20 or so ATA dif from HUcast to HUcaseal doesn't justify the loss of 500 atp to me though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

CrashCat
Nov 18, 2002, 06:27 PM
On 2002-11-18 10:09, Vandal wrote:
Agreed, using your mag to fix your ATA works well. The 20 or so ATA dif from HUcast to HUcaseal doesn't justify the loss of 500 atp to me though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
Crap, that IS awful. Well then, I might scrap the HUcaseal anyway since she seems to want to be a ranger. One of these days I need to pick someone and stick to them... ><

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 06:54 PM
long live king HUcast!

Munki
Nov 18, 2002, 07:01 PM
On 2002-11-18 10:09, Vandal wrote:

I have not actually got a HUcaseal up past lv 5 yet (mainly play FO), but I know from my expirience with Rangers that 20 ATA seems to make a fairly large difference (heck, that's 40 levels on a mag). Also, at full max stats (since I assume that is what we are talking about) HUcaseals have 30 more ATA and 300 less ATP than a HUcast (also at max stats). Like I said, I can't speak from expirience, but it doesn't seem that HUcaseals could be considered the worst Hunter at max level. Besides, that 800 something EVP gotta be worth something, right?

KyOsHiRo
Nov 18, 2002, 07:06 PM
I have a level 75 HUcaseal and I think she rocks... even though your right she thinks shes a ranger. But still I like her dagger combo better than a HUnewearl and I don't magic very much so it's all good. But I don't see why you guys hate HUcaseal so much.

Maelkith
Nov 18, 2002, 07:52 PM
hucast and vulcans with 35% hit. nuff said.

Parn
Nov 18, 2002, 08:08 PM
HUcaseals have unique, not to mention the best and most efficient animations for swords, daggers, and knuckles. This is an advantage in itself.

Once you hit ultimate mode online, things become really clear. Offline, HUnewearl and HUmar have the advantage due to the invunerability time and Resta, but online, HUcaseal and HUcast have the advantage because there is NO invunerability time, where Resta won't save your ass.

Munki
Nov 18, 2002, 08:20 PM
Besides, to top it all off, the HUcaseal's got style. I mean, c'mon, wouldn't you like to play as a ninja? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

merlin
Nov 18, 2002, 09:18 PM
I looked at them all.......and chose the old HUmar. Which is funny since I didn't care for them on DC.

That HUcaseal is UUUGGGLLLYY!! She runs like she's got a HUcast up her ass. All of the three new characters are out of scale when compared to the old guys. They're considerably too small.

Oh well. HUcast or HUmar. Either one.

Or go RAcast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CrashCat
Nov 18, 2002, 09:59 PM
Oh well, think I will keep the Hucaseal then, she really did kick some butt with the dagger until I suddenly couldn't find any more of them... I suppose I may restart it without padding the name with spaces since CrashCat is an ORAN and I had padded it with spaces to BLUEFULL (I liked partisans/swords in DC days but they're not so nice without the big knockback).

But then again, I usually join someone else's game anyway because I don't like playing alone... Argh.

I suppose it's no wonder that none of my Diablo 2 characters ever got over 40 and my Everquest characters never got over 20, I'm just too dang indecisive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrashCat on 2002-11-18 19:15 ]</font>

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 18, 2002, 11:29 PM
You just can't beat a HUcast. By lvl 200, even the HUn's lvl 20 tech's are generally useless. The HUmar is just a boring piece of conventional suck (plus the costumes are the gayest ever). As for the HUcaseal, I'd like to see her 800 EVP help in boss fights, which, at high levels, are the only difficult part of the game.

Toyzferall
Nov 18, 2002, 11:44 PM
I say HUcasts. Then again, I'm pretty badly biased. A close second of mine would be the HUmar. I'd prolly rank the HUmar highest, if it wern't the most common character class, AND the most popular one amongst newbies. That, and nobody plays them correctly. The way all these n00bs play their HUmars, they think they're friggen HUcasts. All they want is a straight POW MAG, a LABIS CAMMON+4kthxbye, and they either A.)Use every material immediately, regardless of what it is, or B.) Use nothing but Pow and Mind Mats. As far as HUnters go, I think HUmars have the highest tanking potential of any HUnter. RAcaseals and RAcasts are the ultimate tanks, but noone's realized this quite yet. But really, HUmars have great DFP and EVP, and if you raise their stats and MAG correctly, and give them a partisan, they can tank very well. Especially since they can Resta. And even lv.15 Jellen and Zalure is nothing to gawk at. Besides, if you do it, it'll save some TP on part of your FOrces. Which are probably busy blasting things and raiding crates, rather than supporting you. Not that I blame them. Everyone is still getting used to the game. Anyways, that's how I'm playing my HUmar, Red. HUcasts are great, though, if you play them the way most noobs try to play HUmars. They can rival a FOrce in damage, and they don't even take any TP! And they just look badassed. My vote definately goes to them. HUcaseals... Have pretty crappy stats. There's just no getting around it. However... They undoubtedly have the BEST combos in the game, for pretty much EVERYTHING. Which, in the hands of a skilled player, are deadly. And they look cool. I don't think I'll ever play a HUcaseal, but I look forward to seeing vets pwning people 10-20 levels higher as one. I don't gave much experience with HUnewearls... I really have to desire to play one. Other than HUmars lost their D/S privledges... But as long as they can still cast Blue-series spells, Resta, J/Z, I'm fine. Vote still goes to HUcasts, though. ((Breathes heavily in aftermath of rant))

haterade
Nov 19, 2002, 03:16 AM
On 2002-11-18 20:29, Wakazashi-HUcast wrote:
You just can't beat a HUcast. By lvl 200, even the HUn's lvl 20 tech's are generally useless. The HUmar is just a boring piece of conventional suck (plus the costumes are the gayest ever). As for the HUcaseal, I'd like to see her 800 EVP help in boss fights, which, at high levels, are the only difficult part of the game.

Lv 20 Zonde Gizonde? Razonde? Electrical shortages are fun.

Alisha
Nov 19, 2002, 03:42 AM
ok humar and hucast automatically die for being male so then its down to hucaseal and hunewearl
hucaseal runs out of mates hunewearl wins

pixelate
Nov 19, 2002, 06:45 AM
I notice the HUcaseal steps forward for the last hit in a three-hit combo. That last step has had me smacked countless number of times.

I don't remember my HUmar or HUcast doing that on the DC versions. I'm not sure if HUnewearls do it.

CrashCat
Nov 19, 2002, 07:03 AM
Oh hell, I guess I'm going to try HUcast... maybe later when I feel I've beat the snot out of the game I can afford to give up hundreds of ATP for a chance at having better animations.

I still want to know why the RAcast has MORE HP though... I wonder what it would be like having a tank that uses guns :|

Toyzferall
Nov 19, 2002, 07:12 AM
On 2002-11-19 04:03, CrashCat wrote:
I still want to know why the RAcast has MORE HP though... I wonder what it would be like having a tank that uses guns :|

Exactly. This confuses me. I think RAcaseal has just a little bit less HP than a HUcast, but at LEAST 80-something more DFP, and some extra EVP. Guess ST is a little messed up in the head. O.o;; HUcaseals don't taek the huge step forward... Well, actually, it depends on what weapon we're talking about. I forgot, but I was thinking they took an extra, uneeded step with sabers... But I don't remember. But they don't take a step forward when using swords, like the other HUnters. And they definately have the coolest and best dagger combo. All the other HUnters have that freaky, badly-timed, strange-looking dagger combo that can result in getting you hit. Oh, and one little thing you all seem to be forgetting... Traps, anyone!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toyzferall on 2002-11-19 04:20 ]</font>

pixelate
Nov 19, 2002, 07:16 AM
Oh, sorry. I forgot to say the step forward was with saber class weapons.

Their sword animation doesn't have that little hop HUmars have at the end.

Gohanks
Nov 19, 2002, 09:21 AM
In my opinion, HUmars got screwed over in Ep1&2. My best char (currently) is a HUmar at lv 53. His lack of Shifta and Deband have hurt him quite a bit, though I guess he makes up for it. Well, not really. He can't even learn Anti 7 for chrissakes. Sigh..

BrokenHope
Nov 19, 2002, 09:42 AM
On 2002-11-19 06:21, Gohanks wrote:
In my opinion, HUmars got screwed over in Ep1&2. My best char (currently) is a HUmar at lv 53. His lack of Shifta and Deband have hurt him quite a bit, though I guess he makes up for it. Well, not really. He can't even learn Anti 7 for chrissakes. Sigh..

HUmars got really screwed in rule 1 battle, since a force or HUnewearl/RAmarl could jellen and zalure the HUmar and he would have no way to remove those status effects which would make his higher atp useless.

haterade
Nov 19, 2002, 10:05 AM
Hope y'all got enough Resist/Shock units, droids. Any magic user can f*cvk you up bad on that!

EsperFlame
Nov 19, 2002, 10:39 AM
You guys keep talking about how crappy Hunerearls are. are you forgetting the lvl 20 shifta/deband? That more than makes up for their lack of ATP and DFP. And once they Jellen/Zalure, with the Shifta/Deband they can have a higher ATP and DFP than anyone.

haterade
Nov 19, 2002, 10:54 AM
On 2002-11-19 07:39, EsperFlame wrote:
You guys keep talking about how crappy Hunerearls are. are you forgetting the lvl 20 shifta/deband? That more than makes up for their lack of ATP and DFP. And once they Jellen/Zalure, with the Shifta/Deband they can have a higher ATP and DFP than anyone.

I'm so dying to get online and see how much this will affect a Cast...haha!

merlin
Nov 19, 2002, 04:57 PM
I finlly started playing my HUmar today.......and suddenly noticed the absence of shifta/deband. Yikes!!

Sedric
Nov 19, 2002, 07:40 PM
On 2002-11-19 13:57, merlin wrote:
I finlly started playing my HUmar today.......and suddenly noticed the absence of shifta/deband. Yikes!!

Freaky isn't it? But I'd say at least HUmar is better than HUnewearl when it comes to playing in a team game with a FO. Why? Because I believe Shifta (and Deband) is percent-based when it comes to boost, so HUmar, who has higher ATP, will benefit more from it when the FO casts it, and this means better performance, though he'll benefit less from Deband cause he has lower DEF than the Hunny. At least he got slightly better ATA than her, so "missing" will be a less problem for him.

Why do I say this? Well, if you got a FO to cast high level S&D for you, (assuming that the FO definitely WILL do that) there isn't much use for Hunny's Lv 20 S&D, is there?

Of course, if I'm gonna talk about that, then HUcast takes the prize, cause his uber ATP will benefit the most from any Shifta.

Just my 2 cents on a different perspective & approach to the issue.

RellikTakahashi
Nov 20, 2002, 05:50 AM
Alisha your apparently either sexist or you just can't beat male characters, and male players. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif so do the world a favor and never reply again to this topic. mazushii ijirashii moushiwake taishite ato hyningenteki -_-;

Sedyne
Nov 20, 2002, 06:47 AM
On 2002-11-19 03:45, pixelate wrote:
I notice the HUcaseal steps forward for the last hit in a three-hit combo. That last step has had me smacked countless number of times.

I don't remember my HUmar or HUcast doing that on the DC versions. I'm not sure if HUnewearls do it.

v1/2 HUmar's took a step backwards after 3 hit combo with Double Sabers which now doesn't exist he just remains in position. Which blows cuz we get smacked down more =P.

Vol_Opt
Nov 20, 2002, 07:19 AM
.. Bzzt..

.. Haterade.. Statements about Android-types ill-founded.. Be aware.. Humans and Newmans can now be shorted as well.. Bzzt..

.. Tempest Laser.. Kept on-hand.. Just for that purpose.. Bzzt..

haterade
Nov 20, 2002, 11:02 AM
On 2002-11-20 04:19, Vol_Opt wrote:
.. Bzzt..

.. Haterade.. Statements about Android-types ill-founded.. Be aware.. Humans and Newmans can now be shorted as well.. Bzzt..

Well...that's true, but think of this: how often will a droid be able to hit with that special? I assume you're talking about rule 1, right? Zonde can hit ANYWHERE! You can't dodge that. And in the rules where you start as Level 1... oooh.... I feel sorry for droids there... unless they find something that paralyses, it'll be pretty hard now to catch a win... unless the player just naturally sucks...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 20, 2002, 06:13 PM
Won't let me quote, strange.

haterade- HUcaseal has the worst DEF of all HU's by far. She has the highest max ATA and EVP.

I vote HUnewearl for the single player game due to most techs/lv 20, and 1 less ATA max than HUmar, 19 less than HUcaseal.

I vote HUcast for Online teams as with the help/backing of a FO with high support techs, a HUcast would be unstoppable.

...Wait was this whole topic about BA? and HU vs HU?

I vote the same two then.
HUnewearl
HUcast

Vol_Opt
Nov 20, 2002, 06:53 PM
On 2002-11-20 08:02, haterade wrote:

On 2002-11-20 04:19, Vol_Opt wrote:
.. Bzzt..

Well...that's true, but think of this: how often will a droid be able to hit with that special? I assume you're talking about rule 1, right? Zonde can hit ANYWHERE! You can't dodge that. And in the rules where you start as Level 1... oooh.... I feel sorry for droids there... unless they find something that paralyses, it'll be pretty hard now to catch a win... unless the player just naturally sucks...

.. Bzzt.. Androids do have something that does something even better than paralyze at level 1.. Freeze Trap.. Bzzt.. Allows 3-hit combos.. Unresistable.. Can be triggered by being shot by the Android who placed it.. Bzzt..

Wewt
Nov 20, 2002, 09:12 PM
On 2002-11-20 15:53, Vol_Opt wrote:
.. Bzzt.. Androids do have something that does something even better than paralyze at level 1.. Freeze Trap.. Bzzt.. Allows 3-hit combos.. Unresistable.. Can be triggered by being shot by the Android who placed it.. Bzzt..

Ice trap isn't better, it's worse!

You can break out of ice without using any items, by simply wiggling the analogue stick.

Vol_Opt
Nov 20, 2002, 09:18 PM
.. Bzzt..

.. False statement.. You cannot use items while Frozen.. Cannot break out by mashing control stick.. Both actions attempted against other Freeze Traps and enemies that cause Freeze condition..

.. Bzzt..

Wewt
Nov 20, 2002, 09:24 PM
On 2002-11-20 18:18, Vol_Opt wrote:
.. Bzzt..

.. False statement.. You cannot use items while Frozen..

I stand corrected.

On 2002-11-20 18:18, Vol_Opt wrote:
Cannot break out by mashing control stick.. Both actions attempted against other Freeze Traps and enemies that cause Freeze condition..

.. Bzzt..

Nope. You're wrong. Try mashing it left and right, you'll see for yourself. If you can't do such a simple task... then, well, too bad. Ask anybody that battled often if you don't believe me.

SkyHawkX
Nov 21, 2002, 12:22 AM
Indeed you can break out of ice by wiggling the analog stick left and right.

Since we all know Vol Opt was made by Microsoft, we know how hard it is for it admit it was wrong.

Alisha
Nov 21, 2002, 02:12 AM
haha *slashes skyhawk with a brand =P*

Alisha
Nov 21, 2002, 05:05 AM
On 2002-11-20 02:50, RellikTakahashi wrote:
Alisha your apparently either sexist or you just can't beat male characters, and male players. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif so do the world a favor and never reply again to this topic. mazushii ijirashii moushiwake taishite ato hyningenteki -_-;

LOL

Vol_Opt
Nov 21, 2002, 11:15 AM
On 2002-11-20 21:22, SkyHawkX wrote:
Indeed you can break out of ice by wiggling the analog stick left and right.

Since we all know Vol Opt was made by Microsoft, we know how hard it is for it admit it was wrong.

.. Bzzt..

.. This unit is Linux-based..

.. Bzzt.. Inferior code structure..

Vampir
Nov 21, 2002, 04:28 PM
I have a HUcaseal. I have found that my traps and Rappy wing work the best. HUcaseal also have quicker attacks with double weapons i.e. double sabers and daggers.

MuRaKi
Nov 23, 2002, 08:16 AM
This Just Seems To Funny To Me. I Mean Pick Out Who You Like And Stick With It. Dont Put Hours and hours of game play on one guy then quite it. I Like My HUcaseal. I will be stickign wiht her for a while tilli think that i mastered that calss then ill prob go to forces. All i know u cant tell people what they like and dont like.

I use traps Like Wo and man does it F&^% Yas Up. I like Quick switching also between my mechs and to my powerfull swords/daggers/sabers to do the heavy hitying damage. The Mechs are good for piinging away the bosses life and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hallo1124
Nov 27, 2002, 03:31 PM
In my honest oppinion... in battle, HUcasts are the best. Why? They look the coolest, of course!
Oh and long time no see Vandal/Boman. Erin told me you posted here. I think we have something we need to straighten out.