PDA

View Full Version : Regarding PM food (Moon Atomizers)

Stixx
Nov 6, 2006, 05:55 AM
I keep hearing people say that feeding your mag moon atomizers is the quick and dirty way to get to level 80. This is what... 350 meseta a unit?

How about this: Make Fruit Juice!
[B] Fruit Juice
1x Sweet Berry
1x Hot Berry

It raises the same stats as the Moon (+12 Striking, +3 Tech), but costs 150 meseta less. The board is 100 meseta from the synth shop on the colony and Sweet/Hot berries go for 50 a piece in the same shop. That's 150 meseta saved a unit!

Let's break it down. Starting from a level 0 PM, you will have to feed it 534 moon atomizers/juices to get to level 80.

Moon Atomizers : 534 x 350 = 186,900 meseta

Fruit Juice : 534 x 200 = 106,800 meseta

That's quite a bit of savings for just a few extra minutes of your time to gather/synth juices. Just thought I'd point this out to you guys.

Ludamec
Nov 6, 2006, 06:00 AM
yep I figured this out about a week or so ago, even tho I still saw ppl recommending Moon atomizers O.o.Guess I should have mentioned it lol....but yea I'll have my GH410 the next feeding session http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, all because of spamming Fruit Juice.. Glad you posted this for everyone else to see that feeding your PM's*with regards to strike anyway* isn't as expensive as it seems.

Ithecih0
Nov 6, 2006, 06:37 AM
Is there any cheap way to lower your PMs tech? i want a lvl 100 strikeing PM but all the things that put strikeing up also put up tech a little bit. I've been feeding it sol star and moons that i find while lvling then once the tech bar is about to lvl i go buy a bunch of 350 mesta weapons to lower it but thats a little costly for the little effect it does. i know i blew almost 30k one day on 350 mesta swords just to lower the tech so it won't lvl up.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 06:44 AM
Moon atomisers drop for free.

Sole fruit juice OR atomisers is a stupid way to feed though. The pure striking PM is so easy to make with cheap player shop bought weapons that you may as well do that.

5 star items ARE the best pow/mind ratio on a pow PM, but you should reduce the mind component with 2 star weaps.

Hunt for "Twin knife" as that is easily the most common 2 star weapon in player shops. Do not pay more than 400 for them. Moon atomisers are still the best feed, as they are free and basically useless except in boss fights. GET YOUR FRIENDS TO DONATE THEM.

I'll have my pure striking PM in 12 hours. o/

edit: and yes, it does cost 30K a feed. You do not have to do it as fast as I am doing, however.

Except to pay 350K total for a pure striking PM. It will pay for itself in weapons you can synth. No, there really isn't a cheaper way bar farming sabers/knuckles off beginner beasts. Yes, that takes so much time you are better served meseta farming and buying 2 stars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 03:47 ]</font>

Ryven
Nov 6, 2006, 07:38 AM
Actually, Moon Atomizers go for anywhere around 50-100 in player owned shops. That's why it's the dirt cheap way to raise your PM. Just spend a little searching in other player's shops, and you can do it very, very quickly and cheap.

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 07:51 AM
Once people started charging 1000 for moon atomizer X and double for regular moon atomizers as if they had "special" ones, it was time to move on to the juices and cakes.

_Deliverance_
Nov 6, 2006, 11:43 AM
On 2006-11-06 03:37, Ithecih0 wrote:
Is there any cheap way to lower your PMs tech? i want a lvl 100 strikeing PM but all the things that put strikeing up also put up tech a little bit. I've been feeding it sol star and moons that i find while lvling then once the tech bar is about to lvl i go buy a bunch of 350 mesta weapons to lower it but thats a little costly for the little effect it does. i know i blew almost 30k one day on 350 mesta swords just to lower the tech so it won't lvl up.

Just feed weapons to your PM. Every weapon (not a gun) lowers tech by 1, from my experience.

WrenType026C
Nov 12, 2006, 04:33 AM
Eh, I do it the cheap dirty way, albeit on an alt. My primary I raised with traps (ranged synther), but my alt wants striking, and I'm not worrying about the tech (not looking for pure). For hers, I just feed her ANY extra consumable item I find on my main... stat buff potions, rezzes, extra mates, etc. Merle's pm is now level 53 and I haven't spent even 1 meseta on it, and its only a few days old to boot! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrenType026C on 2006-11-12 01:34 ]</font>