PDA

View Full Version : High levels are A**Holes. . .

Zabot
Nov 6, 2006, 08:55 AM
I think that high levels(most of them) are assholes, im sorry, im a level 33 almost 34 and i play with lvl 12 and 14's, i dont care, i have fun helping people. sure it holds me back sometimes, but in a long run i make new friends. sometimes they have items they dont want and they give um to me.

just wondering if anyone else agrees. i have lvl 30's join my party see my friends then jet when we are almost done. its annoying.

Peace

Polenicus
Nov 6, 2006, 08:58 AM
It's kinda fun being the high level in a group of lower-levels. PSU doesn't penalize you like FFXI does for level gaps in the party. Last time I did Sleeping Warriors C I was level 21, there were a couple of level 14's, a level 12 and a level 6 of all things... it was kinda fun knowing that I was the guy keeping the rest of them alive and letting them mess around in an area that would be pretty hard for them on their own.

CherryLunar
Nov 6, 2006, 09:01 AM
Some high level people are generally nice people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just keep away from the snot crop and you'll be fine. I haven't seen too many of them, myself.

Spectral
Nov 6, 2006, 09:03 AM
I was going full bore to hit 50.

Then a couple of things occured to me, what the hell do I do when I get there? Second, my store is filled with 5 star weapons and that's what I have boards for. Yet few people can use those items and a good majority of those that can are shop owners with level 80+ PM's and making their own stuff.

As a result I've spent the past 3-4 days helping B level players from 15-30 levels get their SUV's, nanoblasts, shown them how to speed level etc. My level hasn't gone up more than 2-3 in that time frame but it's been more enjoyable to me explaining the game to people that want to know about it than doing "Overloard" and "Sleeping" runs back, to back, to back, to back.

It's great to play with people that LIKE to do Neudiaz because it looks better than the meadow they've seen 500 times and the spaceship they've seen 500 times. Not only that but we seem to find more interesting stuff.

Now, if only Onagodadavida would drop a body part or three so I can make THAT statue for my room.

Jozon
Nov 6, 2006, 09:05 AM
I'm high level, and there's 2 types of times I party:

xp/cash grind: don't want people dying, kicks for low levels and people generally messing up way too much

fun time: when I'm messing around with friends, anyone can join, do whatever, joke around, people will let guys solo rooms and just sit and watch(literally, sitting down at the doorway, kinda like a fight club with mobs) and stuff like that.

Know the difference, or a joke asking you about a rag, and if it smells like chloroform will be made swiftly, or the good 'ol, what's that behind you

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 6, 2006, 09:09 AM
I thought u can only sit down in the lobby or something. anyway, I only met one person who was an @$$, but he was the same level as me and he got pissed at this girl for dying at the De Ragan and called her and @$$h0le and such, it was pretty rude of him.

Schubalts
Nov 6, 2006, 01:27 PM
Yea, people who start bi***ing and cursing about someone who dies during a mission, ESPECIALLY the boss battles, needs to just go take a damn break or something. And not all of the ones who do that are high level.

Talen
Nov 6, 2006, 05:20 PM
Tell me about it lol.. always such a treat to walk into a dragon run and see "If you die on De Ragain, I'm booting you." Smacktards.... ><

Mystil
Nov 6, 2006, 05:42 PM
On 2006-11-06 06:09, Shiroryuu wrote:
I thought u can only sit down in the lobby or something.

You can sit and stuff in the fields and the other things.

As for myself I haven't noticed any elitism with higher level players. I'm happy when one joins a game I'm in. The power added to the offense, the better. I'm afriad of entering games with lower level players because I might get carried away with killing. In sleeping creatures C, it's very likely I'll do that.

DikkyRay
Nov 6, 2006, 07:52 PM
i hate high levels...
ME and my friends were about to fight the de ragan. We are lvl 14-22. WHy? Because we dont spend every damn minute playin the game. I took off a huge amount of time playin story mode. BUt this level 40 a-hole calls us "noobs"
We didnt care. What pissed us off was that he followed us into the game, callin us noobs. and heckling the crap out of us.

Funkomatic
Nov 6, 2006, 10:16 PM
I don't know on this subject... some higher levels are complete and total unrelenting tools, but other than that you can find the exceptions that will help you level and show you the ropes. When I was level 10 I tried to run in some S-rank parties, some would tell me what to do and give me advice, while the vast majority would boot me immediatly. I can understand the reasoning behind booting lower levels, but if you dont teach them they will never learn.

Mystil
Nov 7, 2006, 08:21 AM
I'm going to relate to this situation based on my experiences in FFXI.

The best way to handle high level idiots who think they are too good to play with people other than thier other high level bastards is to ignore them. The trite that comes out of thier mouths is just high school bullshit. They want people to go up against them so that they can throw thier dead weight around. What they don't realize is they are creating a negative impression of thier level group. No ones not gonna wanna bother with too many high levels because of the nasty rep attached.

But they wont change. An asshole is not going to stop being an asshole because it pisses people off. That just kills the whole purpose of being an asshole. And anyone can get beyond 40+ but that does not grant a person instant PSU experience. Keep in mind this is directed towards the high level bastard group and not high levels as a whole.

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 07:50 PM
I actually did a C rank run the other day and decided to leave it open, instead of the usual farming/locked setup that I'm bored of by now. To my surprise I had some low levels all flood in (Had a lv1 join, then others up to lv10 or so)..at first I thought it was kind of funny, thinking why would they all party with me? I'm in a clan and very used to partying with people only around my level. I ended up letting them have all the items and money, and would soften enemies, then make sure they got tags in before killing them. I think i'll start doing that more often.

Mr_Krull
Nov 12, 2006, 11:54 AM
Im a fwiggin ninja so when I get this game I need no charity! maybe I should be one of the "snobs" or like I was in beta, I created the biggest nanoblast train that was fun...so yeah...^_^

Mystil
Nov 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:50, EC_Subbie wrote:
I actually did a C rank run the other day and decided to leave it open, instead of the usual farming/locked setup that I'm bored of by now. To my surprise I had some low levels all flood in (Had a lv1 join, then others up to lv10 or so)..at first I thought it was kind of funny, thinking why would they all party with me?

You make the path and victory for the boss insanely easy. People are going to jump on that chance.