PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Looking for a list of new bosses and subbosses for 1st

AngelLight
Nov 6, 2006, 11:18 AM
Outside of Story related NPC bosses online (know about them already, no reason to spoil it for others unless they ask)....I was wondering if I could get a list of the new subbosses and bosses that become active when the first expansion hits (and that has already hit in the JP servers).

Of course please use the normal "spoiler" font when listing, but I'd like to get some sort of a heads up on what's coming down the pike.

Thanks In Advance.

Itsuki
Nov 7, 2006, 02:51 AM
New areas that I remember were included in the maotoob udpate. Listing whats in the last room of each mission:

Parum:
Lakeside - Some koltovas as well as many as 3 goldovas. Goldovas are obviously gigantic versions of koltovas.
Endrum Plant - A couple waves of GSMs and BUGs followed by 5 Grina Beat C spawning so theres always 3 alive. (I think 5 atleast, somewhere around there). Rare spawn is Grina Beat S. Grina Beat are bipedal mechs.
Undersea Lab - 4 or 5 waves of Jyaba (some leaders) and Poravohlla. As many as 4 or 5 Jyaba spawning at one time, probably in the range of 15-ish total. Its megid fun time. Jyaba are a normal spawn in lab and lakeside, they're big guys that don't move much but cast megid lots.

Neudaiz:
Agata Relics - 3 waves of Svalatus and Latus Jiiga. Latus Jigga are like Svalatus dogs, they do a lot of teleporting around and dashing. They're also extremely resistant to physical attacks. Does occasionally spawn rare Svalatus.

Moatoob:
Canyon 1 - Vanda leaders a go go~ With some Cog Nadd mixed in.
Canyon 2 - A series of like 6-8 Cog Nadd in a very small room spawning so theres always 2 alive.
Desert 1 - I forget.
Desert 2 - Deimagohg. Just think of it as Onmagohg's big bad older earth elemental brother.

EDIT: And its not quite a boss/mini-boss, but mizuraki gets completely revamped. It has tons of Oruka leaders and Tengohg.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-06 23:53 ]</font>

Ether
Nov 7, 2006, 03:33 AM
Good writeup Itsuki, but I find it funny that you missed what I consider the only major boss added

Spoilers (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1710/dragonkv1.jpg)

Edit: I'm retarded, this boss doesn't show up until the 2nd update

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-11-07 03:12 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Nov 7, 2006, 04:21 AM
Wow, EIGHT new missions? They're all new areas it looks like too. I gaurantee that this update will definately hold the players over for a long time, atleast a good month or two until Xmas.

That boss looks wicked scary Ether.

AngelLight
Nov 7, 2006, 09:19 AM
Ok so lets go down the list then...

On 2006-11-06 23:51, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Goldovas are obviously gigantic versions of koltovas.

I believe these are the same ones that you see chasing Ethan in the Game's Intro, Correct? Is this treated as a major boss or only as a sub-boss (or do they pop up all over the mission as just a new normal monster type)?

5 Grina Beat C spawning so theres always 3 alive. Rare spawn is Grina Beat S.
Grina Beat are bipedal mechs.

I remember these as the sub-bosses you fight with Tyler in Story mode. If that's the case then they got harder if you took too long to kill them (at least in story mode). That would make for this fight to be harder to solo then to do in party play (and would be an interesting reveral from the Solo Friendly, Party Unfriendly Kagajibari battle). It's interesting to see that they also have introduced rare subboss versions which would encourage the current trend of mission farming. If this mission turns out not to move you along to another outpost, then this could potentially be the next replacement to the relics run (unless the drops are crappy).

Undersea Lab - 4 or 5 waves of Jyaba (some leaders) and Poravohlla. Jyaba are a normal spawn in lab and lakeside, they're big guys that don't move much but cast megid lots.

Ok so no boss or subboss for this mission then...

Agata Relics - 3 waves of Svalatus and Latus Jiiga. Latus Jigga are like Svalatus dogs, Does occasionally spawn rare Svalatus.

Do Jigga spawn normally or only at the end of runs? Basically, are they just normal mobs or true subbosses? Also, any details on this "Rare Savltus"? Wasn't aware there was one (perhaps only available after the update?).

Canyon 1 - Vanda leaders a go go~ With some Cog Nadd mixed in.
Canyon 2 - A series of like 6-8 Cog Nadd in a very small room spawning so theres always 2 alive.
Desert 1 - I forget.

These sound like just normal monsters.

Desert 2 - Deimagohg. Just think of it as Onmagohg's big bad older earth elemental brother.

Sounds like a major boss here....but also sounds like a Color Swap of the pre-existing boss we have already (with different attacks). That accurate?

EDIT: And its not quite a boss/mini-boss, but mizuraki gets completely revamped. It has tons of Oruka leaders and Tengohg.

Good, daddy needs a new bow ^_^

Also Ether, the pic you posted looks just like a color swap on the De Regan (and located on Neudaiz in what appears to be around the Mizuraki area). Any details on this? (Formal Name Of Boss, what mission it's connected to, how it fights)

Thanks alot for all the info so far, looking forward to hearing more.

[/quote]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-07 06:20 ]</font>

Itsuki
Nov 7, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-11-07 00:33, Ether wrote:
Good writeup Itsuki, but I find it funny that you missed what I consider the only major boss added

Spoilers (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1710/dragonkv1.jpg)

Edit: I'm retarded, this boss doesn't show up until the 2nd update

Actually, I left it off because he said "outside of story related bosses," and thats from a story mission.

I believe these are the same ones that you see chasing Ethan in the Game's Intro, Correct? Is this treated as a major boss or only as a sub-boss (or do they pop up all over the mission as just a new normal monster type)?
Yes, those are the same ones. They appear randomly throughout the level occasionally. Usually they're only in the last room. But usually you see atleast 3 of them.

I remember these as the sub-bosses you fight with Tyler in Story mode. If that's the case then they got harder if you took too long to kill them (at least in story mode). That would make for this fight to be harder to solo then to do in party play (and would be an interesting reveral from the Solo Friendly, Party Unfriendly Kagajibari battle). It's interesting to see that they also have introduced rare subboss versions which would encourage the current trend of mission farming. If this mission turns out not to move you along to another outpost, then this could potentially be the next replacement to the relics run (unless the drops are crappy).
I think different versions of the same monster you fight in story mode. They can be quite nasty if you let them be, but usually they aren't too bad. They do stun or sleep or something though. Drops are not bad actually. Endrum plant is probably the best place for Nanocarbon and Omega Acid.

Ok so no boss or subboss for this mission then...
No boss or subboss, but the last room of undersea mission is far harder than most of the bosses in the game. In fact, I'd be tempted to say its top 3 for hardest single rooms in the game. Really only one I can think of that causes more pains is Agata Relics S.

Do Jigga spawn normally or only at the end of runs? Basically, are they just normal mobs or true subbosses? Also, any details on this "Rare Savltus"? Wasn't aware there was one (perhaps only available after the update?).
Latus Jiiga are last room only. I haven't really ever fought a rare svalatus, so I can't say much about them other than that they're there.

These sound like just normal monsters. Ya, just normal monsters, but fun none the less. Canyon is still popular among my group. No real reason to do desert 1 though.

Good, daddy needs a new bow ^_^ The Tengohg Bow board is actually dropped in Agata Relics S. Its also a 7 star and has the stats of like a 4 star. Only thing really special about it other than its look is it regens 1.5x pp I think.

AngelLight
Nov 7, 2006, 03:41 PM
yeah I've heard that the Tengoh bow is somewhat of a disappointment as a practical weapon of war......really kind of sad, as I'm a member of the "rare challanged" force race and the only publically talked about rares I've been seeing are hunter ones (save for the Adalha Cannon (sp)).

And ok, so that new dragon is from the story mode as well then, learn something knew.....when I said I knew about the story bosses I ment the "certain people" bosses....but yeah I'm more then happy to talk about any dragon any time of the week ^_^