PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Techs, What's Fastest?

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 02:19 PM
So, I've been trying to level my woefully inadequate Zonde and Razonde spells up to L11 for the first major upgrade, and I've noticed something as I grind. Especially for the Ra-spells, I get more %-tech-experience running a fast and very low level run than from a high level run with friends. This seems counter-intuitive since I know I cast the spells much more doing Sleeping Warriors B than a low C rank.

I am not sure if this is just perception, or if there actually is a bias in the tech leveling. But I know that I go through a B rank sleeping warriors with friends and get like 2% on Radiga spamming it like a madman, tagging everything with it. But then I go and run Fight for Food C solo and I seem to get 10-11%.

Has anyone else looked into this? Is it just me, or to techs gain much more experience from a killing blow than from a non-killing hit? If that's the case, isn't the best way to level a tech to run through very low level areas with swarms of monsters (Fight for Food C, Mad Creatures C) to rapidly up your kill count? Am I just suffering from a time/payoff perception misperception here, sometimes selective memory does that to me.

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 05:42 PM
Anyone have any insight? I'm confused, and I looked at the FAQs on these boards (and, of course, PSUpedia refuses to work), so if it's already been spelled out and I missed it, just say so.

Randomness
Nov 6, 2006, 05:44 PM
Well, I like to do Sleeping Warriors C to get money, materials, and tech leveling all in one. Excellent place solo, ESPECIALLY for the nanosilica! Thats like 600 meseta free on each run!

Asbury
Nov 6, 2006, 06:09 PM
Well, the easier the mission the faster it levels. I just run through the linear line a million times to level it. It goes pretty quickly doing that.

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 06:23 PM
Hmm. So other people have noticed it.

I have a theory, and that theory is that tech experience only goes up when you kill something, or goes up much faster when you kill something. If that's the case, then solo C rank is the way to up spells.

Does anyone have any experience counter to this?

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 06:33 PM
It's been very commonly said that it's based on damage done by the tech. As far as I know this hasn't been verified by any reliable source. Anyone with proof of this or contrary to this would be a help.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 6, 2006, 07:23 PM
Play solo to level your techs faster, I'm a level 18 with lv15 foieand lv14 diga.

Kurushii
Nov 6, 2006, 07:56 PM
it is NOT based on damage done. It is only based on how many enemys you hit for each cast. Also note that every techic series has a different experience table for leveling. Some will take longer than others. Basically you want to hit the most amount of enemys you can with each cast you do.

Randomness
Nov 6, 2006, 08:05 PM
Which means hitting 5+ per barta. The Ra- series should get extra hits when it passes 10 and 20 though.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 6, 2006, 11:17 PM
when you solo an easy area you have all the mobs grouped together so your tagging more guys, that may be one thing you over looked.

I know you dont have to kill the mob for tech xp, you get it from hitting the mob and doing more than 0 damage.

mutli hit spells level slower than single hit spells (barta vs foi) because they assume you will use them when you can hit multiple guys so each guy counts twords the xp gain on that tech.

_dd_
Nov 7, 2006, 02:07 AM
Radiga took forever to get to 20 (about 5 days of nonstop spamming)
Rofoie is going to be a bish, I can feel it already (lvl 7 after a day, not too bad, but I have a feeling it will get worse soon)

Single hit spells are cakewalks compared to the Ra Series.

KirinDave
Nov 7, 2006, 01:19 PM
I just cannot get Zonde to level. I'll be happy when all my spells are over 10, I'm not even demanding 20 yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Metempsychic
Nov 7, 2006, 05:34 PM
I think getting your TECHs to 20 isn't very smart right now. There's going to be the chance that you want to use the level 20 TECH eventually, but you aren't going to get any exp on it for using it.

I'm trying to get all my TECHs to atleast level 11 first. If you have a maxed out tech, and a bunch of level 1's, it's going to be painful to bring the others up to par. I've noticed that from roughly level 11-15 the TECHs seem to level at an accellerated pace. It took me forever to go from level 10-11 Rafoie, but I had level 12 without even trying.

And @Randomness, when Ra-s hit level 11 and 21, they don't hit more targets. They gain an increased range. It's actually quite noticable. You only hit three targets, though.

TrueForce
Nov 7, 2006, 08:37 PM
i think leveling techs goes faster if you do not spam it, im level 21 with level 20 foei level 13 barta, level 9 gifoei and level 7 resta, i use them with intervals, seems to go pretty fast for me

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 12:59 AM
I definitly need to get the Ra spells to lvl 11 the starter range is horrible, unless you have 3 guys in your face it wont hit all targets, Usually even in a tight group it likes to hit the one guy that moves away so it misses the other 2.

_dd_
Nov 8, 2006, 01:08 AM
I just level one technique at a time.

So far the almost useless spells are:

Barta
Zonde
RaZonde

Best Techs:
Diga
Foie
Radiga
Rabarta

^_^ Diga, and Radiga are 20, Resta is 11, Reverser is 5, Rafoie is 11, Foie is 13

I haven't even bothered with Zonde's or Barta, but I'll start leveling up Rabarta soon, Hopefully I can get them all to 20 before the update.

PMB960
Nov 8, 2006, 01:11 AM
Barta Levels up way to slow. I have used it over and over and Zonde leveled up more than it in one run. RA level techs take a long time too. People complain that people are focusing too much on leveling foie and diga but we aren't, they just happen to level quicker than others.

_dd_
Nov 8, 2006, 01:43 AM
I don't think they level up quicker, but when I first started the game they were the most powerfull, so I naturally used them, then thought about the future and decided I should level up the other techniques...

It's just that Diga and Foie are so much more powerfull.