PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher vs.Guntecher The ultimate battle!

klunka
Nov 6, 2006, 04:22 PM
So I've finally gotten my character to 5's across the board in class lvls. So far, my two favorite weapons have been Twin Daggers and Twin Handguns. Also since my character is human and all, I've decided it best to take advantage of the all around stats and be a hybrid expert class. Here's my rundown:

Protranser: does not have access to either of my favorite weapons. OUT

Figunner: While having S Rank twin daggers, I just don't see me enjoying this class, as it's not really a hybrid. Just a specialized hunter. OUT

Wartecher: S Rank twin daggers is nice. Lvl 20 techs is super as well. Being able to cast buffs/reverser/resta will make a little popular. Lvl 20 probably isn't too bad. IN

Guntehcer: S Rank twin handguns I like. lvl 30 bullets is super sweet. Lvl 10 techs??? Scares me. Will my techs even be that useful at only lvl 10 when doing A and S rank missions? MAYBE

So I guess what I want to discuss is does the 30 bullet make up for the miserable 10 tech in guntecher? Guntecher just makes more sense as when I need to cast I can still have a gun in hand, but 10 techs ... just sounds so low.

Or is Wartecher clearly the better choice. 20 skills gets me good PAs, and 20 techs gets me good spells. If only cane's were switch handed. Will it be annoying having to switch back and forth. Plus making sure to have the best armor all the time is going to cost meseta.

I dunno, discuss.

Talin
Nov 6, 2006, 04:35 PM
Without knowing just how potent the damage/effects of the lvl 30 bullets, it is hard to say if this is a smart choice if you were looking to min/max.

If you're not, then why not go with the class that is more of "what you want to do?" Do you prefer to strafe and shoot at enemies, then eventually step up and finish them? Or do you like to wade into the fray, with daggers spinning?

Either way, you'll be doing some weapon swapping to switch between your most effective setups. Since this is done by a simple two button press sequence, I don't think it is a big deal. I play a dedicated force, and I routinely switch between Rods, Wand, Daggers, and my beloved Bow.

klunka
Nov 6, 2006, 04:40 PM
I guess my issue is that Wartecher seems like the only real hybrid class. Figunner is clearly just a hunter with good ATA. Guntecher just seems like a Ranger with good MST/TP. Wartecher is the only class that really appeals to both of it's roots.

Is that just me?

panzer_unit
Nov 6, 2006, 04:43 PM
I think you're silly for saying no to FiGunner, who can swap between twin daggers and twin handguns in combat with awesome skills for both and a better balance of power and accuracy than force hybrids. Seriously, what's the deal with that?

Between the choices you've left for yourself, might as well go WartEcher. ForteGunner would be best for pure dual guns, I think.

klunka
Nov 6, 2006, 04:46 PM
Actually Guntecher is the only class with S Rank Twin Handguns.

My objection to Figunner has to be with being human. Figunner isn't a hybrid as far as I'm concerned. They're a specialized hunter. It's just not a class that takes advantage of the humans well rounded statistics. It's out for now

Mwabwetumba
Nov 6, 2006, 04:50 PM
The ONE thing that keeps me from playing a WarTecher is that both their skills and techs caps at LV 20, which means that they will never possess the third stage in said arts. So much coolness will be left out:(

klunka
Nov 6, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-11-06 13:50, Mwabwetumba wrote:
The ONE thing that keeps me from playing a WarTecher is that both their skills and techs caps at LV 20, which means that they will never possess the third stage in said arts. So much coolness will be left out:(

That is exactly what is attractive about the class to me. It's an actual straight down the middle hybrid. If it were 30 skills 10 techs, I wouldn't be leaning to it over Guntecher. It's not a hunter who can cast gimped spells. It's a class that is equal in both paths.

Randomness
Nov 6, 2006, 04:56 PM
But you can't learn anything new when experts come out though...

Pentence
Nov 6, 2006, 05:12 PM
Well rememebr you can always switch and just see what you like,like i have said in several threads,its all about finding out what niche you fit into.Experiment untill you find what you like in PSU there is no need to settle so why do it in the first place?

Talin
Nov 6, 2006, 05:30 PM
In a group, you can view yourself in many ways. The most popular (and positive) would be as a "jack of many/all trades" (depending on the hybrid). You can offer a group multiple abilities and fill various roles (up front to do damage, as a ranged attacker for CC and status effects, or minor healing/buffing/debuffing).

This isn't WoW - you don't have to worry about people balancing their raid groups for maximum efficiency. Play the class that interests you the most, that you enjoy the most, and you'll have the most fun playing PSU with.

KillerCow
Nov 13, 2006, 02:13 AM
I'd say that a wartecher would be the best choice bud. Sure you don't get the jacked up level 30 BULLETS like the Guntecher, but you need to remember that you get gimped on TECHNICS because they only reach level 10, which in my opinion just sucks...(despite the fact that i'm avoiding being a force or any kind of force hybrid.....i'm going to be a fortefighter ^.^)

KillerCow
Nov 13, 2006, 02:22 AM
I'd say that a wartecher would be the best choice bud. Sure you don't get the jacked up level 30 BULLETS like the Guntecher, but you need to remember that you get gimped on TECHNICS because they only reach level 10, which in my opinion just sucks...(despite the fact that i'm avoiding being a force or any kind of force hybrid.....i'm going to be a fortefighter ^.^)

-Shimarisu-
Nov 13, 2006, 06:13 AM
On 2006-11-06 13:46, klunka wrote:

My objection to Figunner has to be with being human. Figunner isn't a hybrid as far as I'm concerned. They're a specialized hunter. It's just not a class that takes advantage of the humans well rounded statistics. It's out for now

Real Crea sabers.

Knight_of_MIA
Nov 13, 2006, 07:54 AM
According to my understanding, Guntechers are not offensive magic casters, since this role belongs to the pure mages. I would even say they are not responsible for the "Healer-Job", as their range of effect will always be very small.

Guntechers are TECH-supporters, they are there to boost abilities and cast fields to protect against physical and magical attacks.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 13, 2006, 08:10 AM
I think Guntechers are really just the RAmarls just like Wartechers are the FOmars in this game.

_Deliverance_
Nov 13, 2006, 08:40 AM
What do you care if your techs are 10 versus 20? Either way, your techs are going to be getting owned by the Fortechers. The only time you're going to be enjoying your level 20 techs, is when you're soloing, or when in a pt with no Fortecher.

You want your twin daggers. Ok. So if you're going to be casting spells too, they'll likely be buffs/debuffs/cures, because your damage output would likely be better if you simply stayed with your weapons out. (makes my wonder why FO is the primary job in this hybrid...)

Guntecher has a range/support role, whereas Wartecher is a melee/support role. That's the way that I see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2006-11-13 05:41 ]</font>

PSU_on_my_360
Nov 13, 2006, 02:29 PM
How do you get to be a Wartecher and all of this other stuff?

Kent
Nov 13, 2006, 02:53 PM
You first meet the requirements (which is a combination of levelling different types to different levels, depending on which class you want), then you go to the Type Select counter, and change to it. After they're unlocked, of course.

You can also read the topics linked to in the sticky.

Nayla
Nov 13, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'd say ur right about the Wartecher being the "split down the middle" class. It would be a good way to be usefull and be able to adapt to many situations.

One question u should consider tho: How do u plan to use ur techs? Do u want to use some attack techs, or just purely support? If u only want support, it could be that the lv 20 techs will be wasted and u'll still lose the lv 20 skills. Also, a Wartecher will suffer from lower ATA. Then again, a Guntecher will have less ATP. All depends on ur playing style.

I myself have chosen to make my Human a Guntecher. I only want to use her techs as support, and I really love to strafe and shoot.

But there's always room for experimenting (especially for u with 5 lvs in all classes) ^.^

Genoa
Nov 13, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-11-13 05:10, Shiroryuu wrote:
I think Guntechers are really just the RAmarls just like Wartechers are the FOmars in this game.

basically http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
My F-Newman is gunna b Wartecher, so she's really a HUnewearl IMO. Because HUnewearl wasn't great with Guns, but was good with Melee and Techs. And Wartecher is 20/10/20, sounds good to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itsuki
Nov 13, 2006, 10:07 PM
On 2006-11-13 03:13, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-06 13:46, klunka wrote:

Real Crea sabers.

All races can use real Claires. Your argument fails.

Princezach
Nov 13, 2006, 11:52 PM
I say Wartecher all the way for many reasons. 1. resta level 20 is so nice and 2. Think of this The good Shifta plus Deban with the new ATA buff and TP buff you could easily throw out some nice damage even with level 20 PA.

_Deliverance_
Nov 14, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-11-13 20:52, Princezach wrote:
I say Wartecher all the way for many reasons. 1. resta level 20 is so nice and 2. Think of this The good Shifta plus Deban with the new ATA buff and TP buff you could easily throw out some nice damage even with level 20 PA.

Like I said earlier, your techs are still going to be getting owned by purebred Fortechers. You using resta in a party with a fortecher will only gimp your damage. Same goes with any other non-damage spell. You'll feel very savy when you run into a mob that takes very little damage from melee, allowing you to switch to techs for your assault. But that appears to be the extent of wartecher's 'cool' side, besides soloing.

I don't like the wartecher, because it isn't strong in either suit. It's mediocre melee and mediocre techs. I'm not telling you what to play, because it's ultimately up to you. Me? I want to have a strong suit. Fortecher and Guntecher for me.

TheRealist
Nov 14, 2006, 03:54 PM
Man, you guys got me so interested in this topic that I had to post. So here I go, First of all, the wartecher not exactly a hunter, nor a force, this person would have no strenghts. Plus level 20 skills? that really sucks, you would be missing out the last stage of the skill, and did I mention that the last stage is the strongest of all. It makes no sense to me.
Guntecher, I like, this is the kind of person who has level 30 bullets and added techniques. He is one of the best classes, in my opinion, He may be weaker than the fortegunner but he would have shifta and deband plus jellen and zalure. Sure they are level 10 but it still helps right. The guntecher would have none of those skills. Of course they are going to fail in comparison with the fortechers, but so will any other class.
Finally but not least the guntechers are able to use crossbows, I don't know if you guys realize the severity of this. I mean its a freaken spread needle. Plus it would be sweet using bows.
That is all I have to say for now, Thanks!!

Carlo210
Nov 14, 2006, 03:56 PM
"The guntecher would have none of those skills." Change that to fortegunner - you made a typo! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh... guntecher ftw!

Nayla
Nov 14, 2006, 04:48 PM
Yes, Spread Needle + S&Z = OWN

<3 RAmarl

I was actually considering making my beast a wartecher, but after I looked and saw how -even- it was, I decided I'd like a fortefighter better. Lv 20 techs are useless for that char, and it's too much of a sacrifice not having lv 30 skills. Besides, alotta people will be making wartechers, and I've already noticed a lack of RAs.

Vorpal
Nov 14, 2006, 06:22 PM
To a lot of posts.

Yay for four slots.

And think of Wartecher as this. A hunter, and a force. Not a fortefighter and a fortecher.
Guntecher can't cast spells as well as Wartecher, but may be better in their main category in ranged weaponry.

EphekZ
Nov 14, 2006, 07:09 PM
guntecher and wartecher are not meant to be better than the dedicated class? of course not. They're meant to be support when there isnt a fo or hell even have a better time at soloing.

Zeig123
Nov 14, 2006, 07:59 PM
when i get online....i plan to make a male newman.....i dont want to play a force but wanted to play a wartecher......i was just wondering if i was better off playing a wartecher or a fortefighter and waste his wonderful mst and tp????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeig123 on 2006-11-14 17:01 ]</font>

StillOffline
Nov 14, 2006, 09:14 PM
someone can correct me if im wrong, but i heard that the lv11 boost to the support techs was just for their effective range and time. if thats true, your lv20 agtal wont give you any more of a boost than a lv10 one would. I picked guntecher because having a wand in one hand and a mech in the other makes it one of the highest dps attackers. also as a gun heavy class, you dont get hit as often either, so a weaker resta, in my eyes, isnt a huge problem.

and i forgot about xbows too, shotties are already sweet and we only have the weakest possible http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Itsuki
Nov 14, 2006, 09:40 PM
shotties and mechguns aren't exactly spectactular on a guntecher. Mechs never were much of damage dealers anyways.

Also, your resta isn't "weaker" its "weak". We're talking about the difference between being able to heal 2000hp+ and being able to heal 300-400.

As for support techs only effecting range and time, that was my original assumption, but other people have said otherwise aswell. Offline it holds true, but online I am unsure. I haven't had the time to test myself.

Zeig123
Nov 14, 2006, 09:59 PM
so basically you are saying that a war techer would be better for a newman or not???

b3n
Nov 14, 2006, 11:10 PM
Screw them both. Fortetecher ftw.