PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 pictures and Information

Kizaragu
Nov 6, 2006, 08:46 PM
I'm suprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, though there is a topic on pre-ordering it.

New pictures (quite a few too) and information on the third game in the series have been circling around the web for the last couple days yet have completely escaped my radar.
Hell I was shocked enough to see the images of the sexy legendary edition of the game case, let alone 'screenshots.'

Here are the links in question.

Halo 3 images and information link 1 (http://www.xboxic.com/news/1907)
Halo 3 images and information link 2 (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7124)

OMFG lol ROFL!!!111! Halo 3 SHTUFF!!! mock it though I do, I actually enjoy the series and as a side note would appreciate it if no one flamed this thread.

Whilest none of the scans themselves are in english, some of the relevant information is posted on the sites in question. Though I don't think it takes much brains or intelligence to self translate "Ow ow your shooting me in the face."

Gotta say, I'm very impressed. So impressed in fact that I made a topic about it.
I can't believe it's that pretty! The detail shook me to my core. My CORE ladies and gentlemen. Still not gonna believe it till I see it running mind. We've been lied to before.

Can anyone say "I wants me a Buggy!?" Damn that is a fine lookin' noble steed if I ever saw one. I want to take it home, store it in my garage and just polish it all day long. And if the infomation is correc, what a name! I can hear 14 year old kids screaming about it through there headsets as we speak. "You Mongoose stealing english b*stard!"
Bumper buttons to reload? apparently from what I've heard it's quite effective. left and right bumpers reload their respective weapons.
The X button now has a new function. No information as of yet sadly.
The Secondary weapon on Mr chiefs back is always visible. No longer will you fool folk with your coy walking around. "Poor blighter never saw that sword coming." I'm not falling for that trick Tintin.
You can save single player or multiplayer footage. I thought the killcam on CoD was the greatest invention ever. Halo3 just beat it, like a butcher with his meat.
Still No multi-playerbots
Reading the current update on the official bungie site, the assualt rifle has had a major upgrade. The author of the article claimed he now prefered it of the battle rifle. Interesting.
New grenade type. Spike grenade. Sticks to walls too apparently. Neat.

Bungie themseleves (not wanting to be outdone) are announcing new information friday on their website. Also we still have an EGM seventeen page article to look forward to within the next week.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2006-11-06 18:37 ]</font>

Split
Nov 6, 2006, 10:29 PM
yeah since the handle of a deactivated sword will be so easy to see....and those bladed revolvers look sick....and there'd better be a combat knife or i will cry.

and i bet the x button does a bunch of cool context sensitive shit like the triangle button in KH2

Kizaragu
Nov 6, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-11-06 19:29, Split wrote:
yeah since the handle of a deactivated sword will be so easy to see....
Good point. Hadn't actually thought of that. I like the cut of your jip young fellow.

On 2006-11-06 19:29, Split wrote
and those bladed revolvers look sick....and there'd better be a combat knife or i will cry.
Sadly, I think the closest we're gonna get to a combat knife, will indeed be those bladed guns. A quick filick of the wrist on the B button is all your gonna get melee wise. But I could be wrong? Damn I hope I'm wrong. With the addition of these bladed firearms maybe melee will involve a little more thought?

On 2006-11-06 19:29, Split wrote:
and i bet the x button does a bunch of cool context sensitive shit like the triangle button in KH2
Makes sense, but Bungie seem to be making quite a commotion about it. Hopefully it'll be something far better than that. Remember back when Halo 2 was in production and apparently a sprint option was originally included in the game? The player would lower there weapons and run significantly faster like say in PDZ? Could be that? But then again I could be completely wrong and probably am. There are far more easier ways to incorporate a sprint option.
Stupid specualation. I want details! Cold hard facts! (>_<)