PDA

View Full Version : Luck table

SpishackCola
Nov 7, 2006, 03:11 AM
Anyway to change the time limit on the luck table to reset at 12:00pm PST each night instead of the "hard 24hour limit no matter what time during the day you voted" system?

Tomeeboy
Nov 7, 2006, 11:37 AM
It's already doing that.. It automatically resets at 12:00AM (midnight) PST every night. If it's 12:05AM and you just voted 10 minutes ago for the previous day's luck, you should still be able to vote, since it is a new day.

Are you experiencing something different?

SailorDaravon
Nov 7, 2006, 02:14 PM
How long does it take to update? I submitted that male casts have lvl 1 luck about 7 hours ago, and it just started showing recently.

SpishackCola
Nov 7, 2006, 02:54 PM
I am Tomee. I voted for yesterday's luck around 12:25am after it changed. Then I tried to vote for today's at 12:10am and 12:20am and it gave me the "you can only vote once a day" error message.

Tomeeboy
Nov 7, 2006, 03:52 PM
Hm.. that's interesting. The way it retrieves your previous votes to enforce the one vote per day rule is to pull them up specifically by the date. There is nothing stored in the database that would allow for the script to determine how many hours it was since you last voted.

The only thing I can think of that would be causing this problem would be if the server time is off, or your time is off, causing both votes to actually be on the same day.

Edit: Looking at the time that I posted this, the server seems to be correctly set to PST time (GMT -8).

Tomeeboy
Nov 7, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-11-07 11:14, SailorDaravon wrote:
How long does it take to update? I submitted that male casts have lvl 1 luck about 7 hours ago, and it just started showing recently.

To ensure that we get accurate luck results displayed, there is a minimum number of votes required before a luck submission is considered valid. There are some other checks in place as well to help ensure accuracy. You would be surprised how many incorrect submissions are made, so there is a need for something like this to keep the feature from easily becoming inaccurate.

We will likely enlist the help of a few additional people who will have the ability to manually boost votes and moderate the daily luck results. This way, we can get accurate results posted in a more timely manner.

SpishackCola
Nov 8, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-11-07 12:52, Tomeeboy wrote:
Hm.. that's interesting. The way it retrieves your previous votes to enforce the one vote per day rule is to pull them up specifically by the date. There is nothing stored in the database that would allow for the script to determine how many hours it was since you last voted.

The only thing I can think of that would be causing this problem would be if the server time is off, or your time is off, causing both votes to actually be on the same day.

Edit: Looking at the time that I posted this, the server seems to be correctly set to PST time (GMT -8).

Ok, I'll give it a try after the luck changes at 12am PST tonight and see if I can do it without the error again on the 9th.