PDA

View Full Version : CAST TP

Mwabwetumba
Nov 7, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hello.

There is something boggling with my mind..my CASTs TP.
On this website, in the PSU guides (LV 1 character comparison chart), a force CAST should have 32 as starting TP. When I changed my CAST into a force on extra mode, he was down at a lowly 10, fully 18 TP away from using a simple wand at all!
Have anyone made the change to force online with their CASTs?? Can anyone verify which TP is right??

Thank you.

rena-ko
Nov 7, 2006, 12:39 PM
concerning the guide part:
These statistics are based on pre-release information and may not reflect the final gaming experience.

a bit hidden, but there.

well, i tested it out with a level 3 extramode-caseal, changing from RA to FO would up her TP from 5 to 8. so your observations seem to be correct.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/psowrena/PSU/ScreenShot050.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-11-07 09:43 ]</font>

LeMan_Bayon
Nov 7, 2006, 03:59 PM
This is because the stats are different in extra mode. A lvl 100 cast force in extra mode will only go to 111 TP, which would obviously be way too low if the stats were the same for online.

edit: Just went online to check, force cast male has 28 TP and female cast has 29 at lvl 1. Also, in extra mode there is no difference between male and female stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeMan_Bayon on 2006-11-07 13:23 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 7, 2006, 04:14 PM
Thank the heavens that CASTs get atleast a bit higher TP on network mode..do you have exact numbers for LV 1/2/3?

Ether
Nov 7, 2006, 04:15 PM
See, this is why I hate extra mode

Online, Cast has a little under half the TP of Newman

Mwabwetumba
Nov 7, 2006, 04:24 PM
I agree, my poor FOcast was using a bow until he was LV 19, THEN he could equip a wand.. but, extra mode is all Ive got, and it keeps me preocupied!

Metempsychic
Nov 7, 2006, 05:01 PM
Obviously a CAST isn't meant to be using spells as their only way to deal damage. That's why the hybrid classes are in PSU.

You don't play CAST ...casters like you play Newman casters. One Force/Fortecher shouldn't have to handle every single tech that they have on hand. Try using the twelve some buffs and heal, and reverser, and all your other forcely duties at once; it's just impractical.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
Ofcourse Metemphysic, I understand what youre hinting at.. but atleast a FOcast/caseal will be able to do anything with the damage technics at all!
And I think they can be quite proficient with the bow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-11-07 14:05 ]</font>

Metempsychic
Nov 7, 2006, 05:22 PM
Indeed. The bows aren't half bad, actually, they're a rather good weapon. Cards will be out when the Expert Classes come out, too.

I'm not sure how experience on TECHs works. I haven't seen any evidence as to whether it's by damage done or hits done. TECHs level in odd ways, too. If it's by damage (on damage TECHs), CASTs are going to be a nightmare employ those on.

I dunno, I guess we'll see. You're fighting a rather uphill battle if you wanna use spells for damage on a CAST. I'm not saying to not try, I'm a fan of using strategies people are wary of.

I guess I'm not really answering the question... Although It's already been answered I think.

Go for it. I wan't to see someone who can totally destroy all with the longbows.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 7, 2006, 05:32 PM
I will indeed go for a FOcast/caseal.. probably a caseal too, to help my stats somewhat, and it looks more appropriate!
Yeah, I will not strive to level up each and every technique there is.. just gonna have to pick my favorites (most likely from the gi-series and perhaps ra-series) and stick to them, along with support techs and ofcourse, the almighty longbow!

Itsuki
Nov 7, 2006, 08:44 PM
A level 60 cast at force level 10 should have roughly 425-450 TP, this is compared to a newman which will have like 975-1000 TP. Lets say you're using like a +5 6 star rod... 516TP. That means you'd deal roughyl 2/3rds the damage of your newman counterpart.