View Full Version : The FFXII Thread

DizzyDi
Nov 7, 2006, 01:00 PM
Who has it?
What are you thoughts on it?
GREAT FF, OR GREATEST FF?

geewj
Nov 7, 2006, 08:19 PM
I hear nothing but awesome things from all who have played it.

MaximusLight
Nov 7, 2006, 08:24 PM
I won't be getting it for a while since EB or any other store that has it is at least 30 blocks away and it started snowing...

DizzyDi
Nov 8, 2006, 08:45 AM
I think its the best FF ever.
Everything about it on is point.
The battle system is fun, yet deep down inside everything is still the same its just presented in a radically different way than most are used to.
The storyline (so far) is great. For once its not about some youngster whos trying to find his place in the world and suddenly gets thrown into some epic conflict and finds out hes the son of a god or some BS like that. Though it may seem like the game is like that at first. Vaan is barely even apart of the story, he's just...there.
And the dialogue is one of the best I've seen in a game EVAR. The shakespearian dialogue they use is a welcome change and it gives the game a real dramatic feel.

Shadowpawn
Nov 8, 2006, 01:41 PM
I thought you didn't like FFs....

Hrigg
Nov 8, 2006, 03:11 PM
This one is pretty good.

My characters are only about level 20 at the moment, but I'm still having fun. ;o

DizzyDi
Nov 8, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-11-08 10:41, Shadowpawn wrote:
I thought you didn't like FFs....

I like them.
I think FF 7 is overrated and I hate Cloud/Sephiroth fanboys.
Even if I didn't like them FFXII is still a great game.
Its so much different from all the other FFs which is a good thing. Its about time the series took a different direction for once.

RoninJoku
Nov 8, 2006, 07:09 PM
Really itching to play it... I am real excited about what I've heard about the story so far... Probably my personal most anticipated FF ever... And I would have bought it right away too if PSU hadn't came out smack before it. I might end up buying it over the next 2 weeks before Wii comes out. But then, my mind is one-track on Twilight Princess. o_O

Xaos127
Nov 10, 2006, 02:48 AM
I've got it, had to import it, and I really like it.
Greatest ? Far from it.
I think the reason why so many people aren't THAT excited about FFXII is because SquareEnix has already shown trailers for XIII. I've recommended it to alot of my friends but they all seem to have the same views "For ps2 ? No way man, that's last Gen."
ignorance is bliss.

DizzyDi
Nov 10, 2006, 09:36 AM
If its not the greatest. which is?

Xaos127
Nov 11, 2006, 08:20 AM
FF7...
And i'm not going to argue over that, because I don't care enough. If you or anyone else doesn't think it is, whatever.

On topic!!
This game is long, i'm nearing the end of it and i've played around 48 hours, and I haven't exactly gone out of my way to explore everything. You anywhere near that play time ? or am i just really slow for some reason..

DizzyDi
Nov 11, 2006, 09:43 AM
I'm around 20+ hours and I've been doing hunts, random side missions I run into, and farming for equipment.
I just hit the Viera village, whatever its called.

Strander
Nov 11, 2006, 03:34 PM
shame you guys all like it but it aint out over here in the UK. God the wait is endless lol i wantmy copy now!!

Zuenza
Nov 11, 2006, 08:12 PM
I will be buying Final Fantasy XII on Tuesday,and I must say I'm quite excited on how many positive comments I've heard about this game.I am looking forward to playing this game.

Eviltaru
Nov 12, 2006, 05:36 PM
greatest of alll many new stuff to do.. definitely love the non-random fight .. fight whenever you just want to or just explore the area ... the best FF up to date to finish off the PS2 era...good job SE on this one... here we come PS3 and FFXIII in 2 years ....

JaireLiay
Nov 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
Well. I bought it on the midnight release on Halloween, and haven't played it. Playing PSU and being busy, I havent had the time yet. I'll pop it in sooner or later though.

Zuenza
Nov 15, 2006, 08:35 PM
I finally got my hands on the FF XII:Collectors Addition yesterday,and I must say the game has been pretty good so far.I'm not very far though,only just killed the Tomato.I like the non-random battles and the Liscence system a lot.VAs are good,too.Best I have seen in a while.