PDA

View Full Version : lvl 30's ruining S rank?

stvnbrs
Nov 7, 2006, 03:43 PM
So a friend and I are doing runs on Parum. C rank missions 10+ mobs, we left the game open so that others can join. We aren't very high level, level 11 and 12. We are close to the end of the last block when a level 30 joins the party and immediately skips enemies we are fighting, and goes for the boxes. No prob, items set to order, but this person doesn't allow us to kill all the enemies, they go straight for the end, kill the mobs and runs out. No S rank. At level 30 they know the map, he can easily solo the level 20's, so why join some low levels, and not even allow us to get hits for exp, and try to get all items then run out. The worst thing is, a couple more runs and we get even more highter levels to the point where my friend and I can't effectively get exp. Can someone please explain this to me? If you are more than 10 levels above the group, please ask if it is cool when you first join to make sure that you are not killing the fun for everyone else. Just my opinion.

Cerulean
Nov 7, 2006, 03:45 PM
You could just put a comment in your team description box that says 'Playing for fun and s-ranks, levels 12-20 only please'.

jimmer411
Nov 7, 2006, 03:46 PM
sounds like he wanted to get thru monsters C as fast as he could so he could do relic and dragon runs.

Ill find a game with like 10 mins in progress and a few ppl in it and join just so I dont have to fight thru all the crap to get to raffon base. I dont goto the extent of sacrificing someones s-rank tho, i dont bother with item boxes either. if there is low lvls I normally just swap to a weaker weapon and lvl my PA.

KirinDave
It's sad. Kick them.

To be fair, they're using you as a jump to the next Lobby so they can go on De Ragan and Relics runs. It's not like they personally hate you.

AndrewLD16
People join those missions so they can just go to the next set of missions. If you are seriously trying to level on that mission, put up a pass... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aaomi
Nov 7, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-11-07 12:45, Cerulean wrote:
You could just put a comment in your team description box that says 'Playing for fun and s-ranks, levels 12-20 only please'.

Yup do this and if people join outside the boundaries, make use of the remove member button.

Randomness
Nov 7, 2006, 03:47 PM
Even if I join a game to get through, I pick one thats been in play for a while, and I don't skip anything.

Chris28
Nov 7, 2006, 03:49 PM
i just join a game, sit at the entrance, walk around and go find a snack or something, and come back whenever they finish the quest.

Deus-Irae
Nov 7, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-11-07 12:47, Aaomi wrote:
Yup do this and if people join outside the boundaries, make use of the remove member button.

exactly. just boot the fucker.

stvnbrs
Nov 7, 2006, 03:50 PM
I have put on comments with levels ranges. I am just mainly talking about common courtesy. I leave the games open for the hopes of running into some more cool people to play with more often. I also understand there is no hate involved. I just don't want to loose money and job points. But I feel bad if I kick someone.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 7, 2006, 03:52 PM
I usually just make a room named like "Field Base Express". I usually get lots of people 10-35+ that join just to get to field base. Makes it a lot faster for me too then just joining someone else's game that actually wants rank.

stvnbrs
Nov 7, 2006, 03:53 PM
I have no prob being a bridge, but just let me know. I will wait for newcomers for a little bit so they can catch up for exp where we are. I just have found alot of the common courtesies lacking in PSU with everyone trying so hard to get to 50. What happened to teamwork?

AngelLight
Nov 7, 2006, 03:54 PM
I join low level games fairly often if I'm looking for a quick jump to the next outpost....but I at least whip out a projectile weapon and work on leveling it up instead of going all PWNSAZR nukage to speed thru (that or I'll heal the lower levels so I can level my resta while doing it).....I also tend to talk with them and offer advice on things while I go with them.

There's nothing wrong with a high level going with a low level(s)....so long as you dont wreck their run for them and you're respectful to them while you're playing.

stvnbrs
Nov 7, 2006, 03:56 PM
that is exactly what I am talking about AngelLight. I can respect that kind of teamwork.

Thrash777
Nov 7, 2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, what everyone else has said: he just wanted to get to the next area lobby.

Ether
Nov 7, 2006, 04:32 PM
Someone did this to me, and freaking died in the last room because the rest of us had gone left to get all the monsters

Ryogen
Nov 7, 2006, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty sure he just wanted to go to the next lobby butt that is not the way to do it. You could have just kicked him out.

Mystil
Nov 7, 2006, 05:28 PM
This has happened to me about 3 days ago but I kept it to myself. 2 of them joined the game and headed straight for the exit. Me and the others didn't know what was going on until the words "Trial Cleared" showed up...

Diablohead
Nov 7, 2006, 05:50 PM
If people are skipping playable levels just to get to the boss levels for exp, I honestly dont know how they can enjoy the whole game. It's like people who skip fmv's in games even though they never seen them before.

Tell me people, what did you pay £36 for?

Bahamut89
Nov 7, 2006, 05:55 PM
It makes sense to skip things that you've played a thousand times before. I call it hitch-hiking through missions. I don't really do it anymore (even weaklings are worth Bullet levels), but I always made sure to let them tag things and get an S-rank when I did. Preferably joining them when they're already in the final room...