PDA

View Full Version : Problems with cheating on GC version...

MikeRSG
Nov 18, 2002, 07:54 PM
Hi all,

I just joined PSO GC yesterday. I used to play the DC version back in the day, but quit because of the rampant cheating. I was wondering if there's any cheating in the GC version, or if Sega has eliminated it?

Thanks.

RaXoR
Nov 18, 2002, 07:59 PM
Well 2 days after this game was released, I found and posted a US GC Dupe Method on a diffrent site that I'm not going to name. There is alot out there to find, but yes cheating will always be around

MikeRSG
Nov 18, 2002, 08:01 PM
Ah, shoot. Has anyone here complained about this stuff to Sega? Since it's a subscription service, I assume they'd take an active role in eliminating cheating. No?

ginko990
Nov 18, 2002, 08:07 PM
Currently Ive not seen nor heard of cheating on US servers, YET.

Maelkith
Nov 18, 2002, 08:08 PM
i havent encountered cheating yet, but i have found some people using rarer items than i would expect to see. a few players have robo chao mags, and i have seen a few inferno bazookas, but the infamous spread needle was not used by any players i have seen so far. mag cells and the bazooka may be more common so its possible i have witnessed no cheating.

MikeRSG
Nov 18, 2002, 08:10 PM
Well, that sounds nicer. Even still, is there a place to tell Sega about these concerns, when they do eventually arise?

Brus
Nov 18, 2002, 08:11 PM
well, the day PSO came out in the US, there was a quest to get mag cells (the halloween quest), and also I've found like 4 inferno bazookas. Al rappies give them, and also barbles in ult. so, no cheating yet.

serialtoon
Nov 18, 2002, 08:20 PM
***UPDATE ON CHEATING***

Apperently it has started on the GC! Im so sad as to see this unfold. I was playing on Vhard with my Lv48 RAmar and there was some guy that entered. He kept on asking for a telepipe, and we couldnt respond as we were on the 3rd boss. He then got angry at us and said this exactly "Turn of your GC NOW or i will erase everything." So i thought to myself "He aint doing a damn thing, theres no cheating!" And boom he got the entire team with a FSOD! we lost all our items and everything! Im angry and im gonna cancel my hunters license. I hope someone can learn from this. PSO will forever be scared by cheaters. Please reply.

Rylios
Nov 18, 2002, 08:41 PM
just be careful and only take items form those you knwo and trust other than that just say no

ABDUR101
Nov 18, 2002, 08:49 PM
I haven't run into any cheating in the domestic US release of GC PSO. The JP release was able to dupe items, but that was fixed in the US release.

Supposedly you can dupe in the domestic release, but there's such a high chance that you'll corrupt your character in the process that no one finds it worth doing. Which is great!

I'll move this to the proper forum though, which is the Cheat(not used for posting cheat codes) forum. =)

*moves to appropriate forum*

MikeRSG
Nov 18, 2002, 09:02 PM
Sorry, Abdur.

Has anyone else heard of the type of cheating described two posts up? That sounds like pretty scary stuff. Maybe it was just a weird coincidence though.

CorneliusPower
Nov 19, 2002, 07:55 AM
Last night i played with a HUmar that was lvl 31.....had a rare mag, that orange guy from Chu Chu Rocket, and using a Stag Cutlery. Well he said a friend hooked him up, he was doing 1 hit damage with his Stag for 300+.well no doubt the mag is lvl 200, just think of leveling a mag to 200, game has been out for almost 3 weeks and it's rare to boot, hmmm, shady. Well thats my 2 cents. I know the player may be legit but the items prolly arent....I know fo sho Im legit and it will stay that way. Peace.

EsperFlame
Nov 19, 2002, 10:53 AM
The Mag your talking about is Kapu Kapu. I have it's mag cell myself. You see when the game came out there was a special halloween quest and if you collected 8 different cakes and gave them to the hidden rappy in the ghost costume, he would give you a random mag cell. Alot of rare mags are out and about so don't worry people, they're not cheating to get them.

RagMasterRappy
Nov 19, 2002, 12:04 PM
You people really worry too much. Is the game not fun anymore?

Wewt
Nov 19, 2002, 01:02 PM
On 2002-11-19 09:04, RagMasterRappy wrote:
You people really worry too much. Is the game not fun anymore?

It kills my spare time when I have absolutely nothing else to do. This is why I hardly even play it anymore.

SiliconX
Nov 24, 2002, 05:57 AM
It seems to be alive.

I just asked my roommate to go and ask around for a Double Cannon. After trading for Double Cannons(well, just, asking to see it, he never went through with it) with 6 people, 5 of them were Double Cannons with 20% Native. I think that's a little too coincidental for me.

*sigh* It's barely been 3 weeks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ness
Nov 24, 2002, 07:19 PM
I have not seen anyone dupe and I hope I never do. Maybe it won;t last long and Sega will do something, but that's just wishful thinking.