PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason why xbox version delayed...

Tigertron
Nov 18, 2002, 08:24 PM
At the end of the new story about the Japan Live release. It says this "control of the character by vocal order (without touching with the pad to even deliver itself to the combat!!)." Now does this mean what I think it means. Like If i say "go forward" into the headset my character will literally go forward or even attack. or even heal or cast magic... etc think of the possibilities you could cast any spell w/o goin through long menu or having to assign it a space. Now I know this would be a very good reason to delay the game because think how long it would take to program this. Now to make this more reasonable for each character you make the game gives you a list of all the basic commands and you say them and it memorizes what it sounds like when you say the word. So you cold cast grants w/o having it assigned. This would be better than having to use voice recognition which is a totally different thing... well sorta. But I know this was long so i am going to end it with this and please don't flame me for it. The hard drive on xbox is what allows the game to accomplish this amazing feat.

RaXoR
Nov 18, 2002, 08:34 PM
Now with this its stupid here is why:

1. It's 1:00AM and everyone is asleep and you are talking into the mic ordering your character around waking everyone up.

2. You got a bad cold and your throat is too sore to talk.

3. You are basically going in 4 directions, north south east west. no diagnol. its going to be majorly odd.

About the delay, If you notice microsoft announced its quarterly earnings. 1 year ago they had $68 million dollars in losses (before xbox came out). The year they had $178 million dollars in losses. tells you something dont it

merlin
Nov 18, 2002, 08:51 PM
Ah yes, losses!!

Here's something that most of you who aren't in the industry won't understand.

When a company launches a system and posts LOSSES...it's GOOD!! This is what you WANT. Tons and tons of LOSSES!!

The reason behind it? It's called "installing a base". It costs more to MANUFACTURE a system than it does to RETAIL it. Putting systems on the market is a money LOSING situation. (Remember Sega?) You LOSE money at first....then once the systems are out there you begin to reap it back again with peripheral and software sales. Before you know it, you're running in the black again. The more systems you attempt to install....the more you LOSE...at first.

Sony went through it....and now it's Microsoft and Nintendo's turn.

Microsoft is just taking their time with PSO....because they're taking their time. That's all. They've got a lot going on right now. Give them a break. You'll get it soon.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 18, 2002, 09:12 PM
Well yes, Microsoft expects to lose money on the console, especially in its first year. Also, hasn't the economy in the last 12 months generally been in the toilet compared to the 12 months prior?

Microsoft is a big company. Sometimes they lose money. This doesn't mean Xbox is having problems. It may have crap for sales figures in Japan. But that's the only big difference between GC's success and Xbox's success that I can see.

merlin
Nov 18, 2002, 09:38 PM
As far as the Cube is concerned........it GENERALLY does take Nintendo an additional year more than anyone else to install a reasonable base for a new system.....Gameboy Advance included.

The reason is simple. Nintendo caters to the casual gamer and families as well as the "hardcore". When a Nintendo system launches, the casual or family gamer will take note of the new system, research it, and make do with their old system for the entire launch year. They wait for personal reasons...or for a price drop. During the second year is when these customers will finally venture onto the new system.

With the other sytems, they mainly cater to the avid or "hardcore" gamer....those that are likely to buy a new system straight away.

This is why some people might be tempted to believe that the Cube is sucking because of low sell-through numbers.

It ain't. It just takes longer for good ol' Nintendo's customers to catch on. Watch the Cube start to pick up like crazy next year. I guarantee it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: merlin on 2002-11-18 18:44 ]</font>

Agent_Reav
Nov 18, 2002, 10:16 PM
Damn merlin you may actually make me stop insulting Otakus (well maybe... if I really try ^_^). Anyways, what u said made alot of sense... keep it comin. About the Voice thing. It has always been a pain navigating menus to cast "anti" at a critical moment. Now you can just say it and boom you are good to go... And if you don't like voice command i'm sure you could just navigate the menus the old way, no biggie. Now, I wouldn't control my characters with this function but it would be great to cast a quick spell.

Neo-Zenji
Nov 18, 2002, 10:18 PM
Xbox version sucks.

Agent_Reav
Nov 18, 2002, 10:23 PM
On 2002-11-18 19:18, Neo-Zenji wrote:
Xbox version sucks.

Said the young boy who only owned the Gamecube... Get a job and buy all the consoles! You're missing out on alot of great games if you only pledge loyalty to one console!

Neo-Zenji
Nov 18, 2002, 10:26 PM
I have a job at gamestop. I also got all the systems well the 3 major ones. Xbox, gamecube, ps2 and imported stupid steel batalion.

Agent_Reav
Nov 18, 2002, 10:29 PM
On 2002-11-18 19:26, Neo-Zenji wrote:
I have a job at gamestop. I also got all the systems well the 3 major ones. Xbox, gamecube, ps2 and imported stupid steel batalion.

Wow. I guess they don't give you guys in Australia any good Xbox games (or even PS2 for that matter)... I hear they banned Grand Theft over there.

EDIT: THIS IS A GOOD THREAD AND I JUST REALIZED I AM RUINING IT BY CHANGING THE TOPIC.... PLZ LETS NOT HIJACK THIS THREAD ITS AN INTERESTING ONE!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-11-18 19:32 ]</font>

Neo-Zenji
Nov 18, 2002, 10:31 PM
Yes, they sorta have but I import most of my games.

Kent
Nov 18, 2002, 11:54 PM
Xbox version sucks.

What an idiot, judging that which he cannot yet try.

You can inform us of your little opinion after the thing is released, unless you want everybody to know how closed-minded you are.

And it even says in the title of a stickied topic the sig limits. That picture of Sephy is 9 pixels too tall, but I guess you weren't capable of noticing that.

Alisha
Nov 19, 2002, 12:51 AM
i bet if x-box alllowed for dial connections a lot less people would despise x-box pso

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2002, 06:53 AM
casting techs by voice command... would be great once you've learned the exact speech of every tech's name...

"unequip yamigarasu"
"equip vjala"
"cast ryuker"
"feed apsaras with trifluid" three times

actually some good idea, just not for heavy smokers, strange dialects and mute players ^_^
but that would mean higher speechrecognition and require some kind of training for the player and game as well. and some work for every country (at least i hope so, or lots of people have to learn to speak correct school-english).

... but yes, these commands would have to be muted out for the other players, or things will be a little bit disturbing...
"run to box" "attack box with normal attack" "pick up item-box" "yay, a special weapon and its mine!" - "oops, did i said that out loud just now?"...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-19 03:57 ]</font>

Renze
Nov 19, 2002, 07:04 AM
If you have all 3 systems, why wait for the XBox version? I don't think it's going to look much better than the GC version, if at all.

Agent_Reav
Nov 19, 2002, 09:55 AM
On 2002-11-19 04:04, Renze wrote:
If you have all 3 systems, why wait for the XBox version? I don't think it's going to look much better than the GC version, if at all.

There is no viable means of communication on the Gamecube version and it has alot of glitches and bugs. Other than that it's a good game... Just poorly planned online play on the part of SEGA and Nintendo. With the Xbox version any bugs can be patched (Due to a built in HDD)... So we can avoid annoying problems like constant (Frozen Screen of Death).

haterade
Nov 19, 2002, 10:11 AM
On 2002-11-18 20:54, Kent wrote:

Xbox version sucks.

You can inform us of your little opinion after the thing is released, unless you want everybody to know how closed-minded you are.

*sniff, sniff*

I smell hypocrisy...

EsperFlame
Nov 19, 2002, 10:20 AM
Okay, first off, Microsoft is not holding PSO back for Voice Recognition software. They're holding it back to view at how well the gamecube version sells. You see, Nintendo GameCube has sold more consoles than X-Box, and they're wanting to see how well the GCN version sells to decide if it's even worth for them to spend the money to spend the money to release the game.

Second, the bugs your speaking about in the GCN version, such as the FSOD one, is all server side problems. The actual game has no bugs in it. When you see the launch of the X-Box version, it too will contain all the same buggy-ness that the GCN has, just like the DC has. You see almost each version of PSO at launch had alot of bug problems. What causes the FSOD is when the PSO server stops responding. It hasnothing to do with faulty modem construction or lack of support.

Finally, I would buy an X-Box if they supported dial-up, as I really can't afford the $50+ a month for Broadband, the $50+/Year for X-Box Live, and the $8.95/month for PSO Online. Yes, Sega is still going to charge X-Boxers for online playablility. Remember how we almost didn't get version 2 becuase Sonic Team wanted pay to play and Sega of America wanted it for free? Don't think Sonic Team has a soft spot for Microsoft.

P.S. MechAssault rules! Played it at my friends house!

charr
Nov 19, 2002, 11:07 AM
Watch the Cube start to pick up like crazy next year. I guarantee it.

The Cube will grow in the next year. I played Metroid last night at the mall and it was incredible. Very very fun. Zelda will be awesome. Mario is awesome. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I predict the xBox will have a large user base in the US soon, too. I doubt whether it will catch up in Japan.

Also, Microsoft has something like $50 billion CASH in the bank. $178 million is nothing to them. In the long run (within the next 10 years), they plan to be in every living room in the same way that they are in every office. And while I hate their computer software, and their Empire-building strategy, they seem to know what they are doing in the video game realm. Their PC games are solid and the best xBox games are among the best games on any system.

I want xBox and GC both http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. And buying an xBox and a GC is still MUCH cheaper than buying a decent PC, IMHO. So buy them both.

Atwight014
Nov 19, 2002, 01:08 PM
Voice recognition software, would be nice but I doubt it. Seems like an awful lot of work and money to insert something that realistically will earn them nothing above what they'd get if they didn't include it. Either way, voice seems slower than pushing the actual button.

And what if you didn't pronounce resta right? ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atwight014 on 2002-11-19 10:13 ]</font>

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 19, 2002, 03:26 PM
In regards to the 'watching the GC version' idea... You're thinking MS would back out on the game if it didn't sell well enough on the GC? I know they have almost zero information about it on xbox.com. But they've been listing it as a Live title "to come". I don't think they'd abandon it altogether.

merlin
Nov 19, 2002, 04:21 PM
You know.....while I realize that people have financial restrictions in their lives, it really is a shame that so many people restrict themselves to following only ONE system....and all else is not to be. The main problem sometimes stems from the right gamer being sold onto an incompatible system.

The ONLY thing that I hate about working in the gaming industry is that it's so fucking opinionated....ME included. What you like rools....what I like sucks. If I dislike GTA Vice City and like StarFox, it's outrageous. This is good, that blows. I heard this, I didn't hear that.

More and more I learn things. Nothing that's good this year is guaranteed to be good next year. There are more and more bad games being released as developers struggle to figure out the wants of the customer....who in turn isn't sure what he wants. The industry gets more technologically advanced every year when it really needs to get back to where it came from.....making good solid games that are worth the dollars that the customer spends.

The only people that know Microsoft and Nintendo's gameplans FOR SURE are the ones in suits sitting in their respective meeting rooms. Anything else is pure speculation.

I get information a bit earlier than most of you guys but it's still not written in stone until the product gets to me.

XboX PSO included!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nidarrock
Nov 19, 2002, 05:13 PM
I think Merlin has pretty much said it all. My friend likes Time Splitters 2, I don't. It just the way it goes. I wish game companies would stop worry about making the best LOOKING game or redefining a genra(spelling?) and make one great all round game. When was the last time you saw that. Most recently that would be Panzer Dragoon Saga & Vagrant Story. When were they released? Plus that is my opinion. I like GTA and even that has things that could have been changed between III & Vice city rather than making a farther draw-in distance.

Ok now about the topic. I think voice recognition would be great for casting spells. Movement would be too much to deal with. It would be nice if that was the reason for the delay but I don't think so. I think Microsoft might be watching the GC version as well as their own Live service. Wait and see how the Xbox community is, let them get freindly and then hit them with an online RPG. Just don't wait too long or they might loose out to other online RPGs, not just PSO on another system. But like many have said the only people who knows why it's not released yet is the suits of Microsoft.

On 2002-11-19 04:04, Renze wrote:
If you have all 3 systems, why wait for the XBox version?

Because we can Can CAN!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ChokingVictim
Nov 19, 2002, 05:39 PM
i doubt this game is gonna have vox recognition... just a hunch... didn't they try vox recogntition way back with the NES? that sold well.....umm...or not...

it just doesn't seem like it'll work... well.... yet...

GreatGino
Nov 19, 2002, 05:48 PM
On 2002-11-19 07:20, EsperFlame wrote:
Finally, I would buy an X-Box if they supported dial-up, as I really can't afford the $50+ a month for Broadband, the $50+/Year for X-Box Live, and the $8.95/month for PSO Online. Yes, Sega is still going to charge X-Boxers for online playablility. Remember how we almost didn't get version 2 becuase Sonic Team wanted pay to play and Sega of America wanted it for free? Don't think Sonic Team has a soft spot for Microsoft.

get out from under that rock youve been living under! its already been stated that pso will NOT have any additional fees

RedFox
Nov 19, 2002, 05:52 PM
if it aint broke then why fix it?

call me old fashioned but a controller still does the job for me.

PlatinumGame
Nov 19, 2002, 05:58 PM
PSO for the Xbox will have fees. [url=http://xbox.ign.com/articles/371/371721p1.html] IGN states it and it is on the official Xbox PSO page. You can expect the same charges as the Japanese.

PlatinumGame
Nov 19, 2002, 05:59 PM
PSO for the Xbox will have fees. IGN (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/371/371721p1.html) states it and it is on the official Xbox PSO page. You can expect the same charges as the Japanese.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatinumGame on 2002-11-19 15:01 ]</font>

ChokingVictim
Nov 19, 2002, 05:59 PM
broadband will become the new standard... it's just getting more of a foothold in america than anywhere else...

which is kinda odd, considering the europeans and japanese have better cell-networks...

and if you have an ISP and a seperate modem line... broadband is a cheaper alternative generally speaking... pending on availibilty... i.e.---> stay out of the sticks

Al-Rappy
Nov 19, 2002, 06:05 PM
Casting spells with voice rec would be awesome. Even though I'm extremely fast at navigating the start menu, voice rec would be welcome. Only for spells though, NOTHING else. I mean come one, "move forward" isn't enough. Your character wouldn't know when to stop. You would have to say, "move north twenty seven feet." Lol, maybe thats an exageration, but it wouldn't be fun moving a character with voice rec. And I highly doubt that is why the game is taking so long to release.

Tigertron
Nov 19, 2002, 07:49 PM
I'm not trying to say I'm right but look at the article on the homepage and read the second to last sentance. Then come back and say what you comprehend. Who ever said it had to "know" ur voice just have it memrize how you say each word like "grants' "megid" "resta" "anti" you know little one word phrases for a quick boost. You would be able to do more faster and not dying while navigating menus. I wouldn't use it to move no point but say you wanted to use it you could hold down white it would mute you from everybody else and would be "listening" for the command.

Ok I guess I was trying to say I'm right. LOL. But it is there in black and white on that Jap. Xbox live anoouncements article just click read more and scroll to bottam.

charr
Nov 19, 2002, 07:51 PM
I probably wouldn't use voice rec or voice chat.

I would use the bundled USB adapter promised with Japanese Xbox Live.

Will it be in American PSOX? It better.

Meanwhile, PSO GC sux too much for me. I have been playing and levelling up -- but online isn't much fun because you can't really make friends without talking too much. There's no cheating, but it's not like my newbie days on PSO DC, where my friends would stop in an empty room in a dungeon and type instructions and advice to me so I could learn the game better.

*tempted to revert to PSO DC Ver. 1*

merlin
Nov 19, 2002, 08:09 PM
Funny you should mention that, Charr.

A friend/customer asked me what I thought of the Cube version, and I told him that when all was said and done that he'd be just as good sticking to his DC game.

He IS buying it on his XboX, but I told him not to get a Cube JUST for the PSO.

MalambisBZ
Nov 19, 2002, 08:13 PM
"Microsoft's home and entertainment division--which consists of its Xbox, PC games, consumer software, and TV groups--accounted for a loss of $177 million for the period of July 1 through September 30. During the same period the previous year, before the Xbox launched, the same division had losses of $68 million. While the home and entertainment division posted greatly increased revenues of $485 million for the quarter."

They lose some, and gain more.

Sedric
Nov 19, 2002, 08:35 PM
Whoa, whoa..... Back up a minute folks....

Voice Recognition system???

When I was Senior in High School, (which isn't too long ago) they tested this brand new Word software that used exact same thing to type essay. It used your "voice" instead of your "fingers." But you know what? Because every single person has different accent and slightly different pronounciation, it was a disaster! One guy said "car" on the microphone, and the software typed "karl" on screen. Another guy said "car," and it typed "cull". Next guy said "car," and it then typed.... "baerr"!! And what the heck is "baerr"???? That piece of failure needed perfect British accents OR the user had to reprogram whole dictionary with his/her own voice. Even after that, if the same person had a flu or something, you get all garbage!

Even if technology is improved since then, do think it will really work on PSO?? I doubt it. this has to be a rumor.

GreatGino
Nov 19, 2002, 08:46 PM
A monthly 600 yen charge (roughly $5 American) will be charged to use PSO on Xbox Live.

Whether this will apply to the U.S. version of Phantasy Star Online is unknown. We'll keep an ear out for more details.

show me EXACTLY where SEGA or MICROSOFT say that US users will have to pay for pso, because ive always heard that it will not have fees, that is the whole point of the LIVE! servers

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 19, 2002, 10:12 PM
Re: Fees

A monthly 600 yen charge (roughly $5 American) will be charged to use PSO on Xbox Live.

Whether this will apply to the U.S. version of Phantasy Star Online is unknown. We'll keep an ear out for more details.
IGN is saying "we don't know yet". We KNOW it will in Japan. We DON'T know, one way or the other, about the U.S. version. Nobody knows for sure either way. It's not worth debating anymore...

Neo-Zenji
Nov 19, 2002, 10:18 PM
On 2002-11-18 20:54, Kent wrote:

Xbox version sucks.

And it even says in the title of a stickied topic the sig limits. That picture of Sephy is 9 pixels too tall, but I guess you weren't capable of noticing that.

Oh Sorry i'm not much of a computer nerd man.

Kalbelgarion
Nov 19, 2002, 10:35 PM
*IF* this voice recognition ability is put into the game, one would have to train it...also, one would have to be able to assign words to each attack. Everyone pronounces "foie" differently, so Sonic Team would have to allow people to say it how they want.

Just imagine...you could say, "Fry!" and Foie would be cast. You could say "Burn those suckers!" and GiFoie would be cast...

Ramar-Bortak
Nov 19, 2002, 10:53 PM
Idiots..... Sonic team isnt going to go through that much trouble just so you can say go forward..... and you go forward... and plus, it would be in development MUCH longer if this were true.

Plus, it would be gay, also it would simplify the game and make it so easy. Think, if one day u have a scratchy throat and goto play the game it wont be able to tell what your saying, and for that matter, it might not ever be able to tell what your saying.

merlin
Nov 20, 2002, 03:57 PM
That ALSO reminds me!!...

Remember the Nintendo 64 game "Hey You Pikachu"??

IT was voice activated and IT was a bomb for EXACTLY that reason. A lot of kids were "lazy" in their speech habits. Poor pronunciation. Different dialects. Accents. MANY teenagers have the habit of mumbling and not enunciating words clearly and concisely. If you weren't patterned after the Nintendo voice models....it didn't work.

jazzyfox
Nov 20, 2002, 06:06 PM
Hahaha. Realtime voice reco on the XBox? Hardly. I work for a company that uses this stuff as the core of our business (Voice Response Telephony, like those "say 'one' to continue" type things) and our voice reco servers run on high end (think dual CPU, 1Ghz+ P3) servers. No way you can fit good voice reco for thousands of different accents, dialects, and many languages into a box with the XBox's power.

Also think about this... how can there be a delay if there was never an original release day? There's nothing to delay from.

And regarding the fees, it's been said in numerous places that game developers have the option to charge fees on top of the Live fee for whatever they wish. While most will probably use it for 'extra' content, giving you basic gameplay included with the Live service, there undoubtedly will be some which will require extra in order to even play.

Blenjar
Nov 20, 2002, 06:09 PM
On 2002-11-18 19:23, Agent_Reav wrote:

Xbox version sucks.

Said the young boy who only owned the Gamecube... Get a job and buy all the consoles! You're missing out on alot of great games if you only pledge loyalty to one console!

TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 20, 2002, 06:43 PM
Did you read the whole topic Blenjar?
That guy said he has all three next gen systems and works at a Gamestop.
Still "TRUE" to those who don't have all three systems.

Castoth
Nov 20, 2002, 07:53 PM
On 2002-11-19 17:09, merlin wrote:
Funny you should mention that, Charr.

A friend/customer asked me what I thought of the Cube version, and I told him that when all was said and done that he'd be just as good sticking to his DC game.

He IS buying it on his XboX, but I told him not to get a Cube JUST for the PSO.

Oddly enough, I'm getting the GC just for PSO myself. And yes, I *do* have Broadband so XBox PSO could have been an option. One reason why most people are sticking with GC PSO though is that most of their friends are already on that. Heck, the vast majority of people I know are on GC PSO. My options were either A) Go for the botched release version but be able to play with all of my friends (GC PSO) or play on the system that has much better online plans but no friends on it, plus a few more months wait (XBox PSO). I do think that the XBox has a nice online strategy so I'm not bashing it but being Broadband-only *will* hurt potential sales in the end.

LunarShadowX
Nov 20, 2002, 09:17 PM
Time for my input.

If voice recognition is truly gonna be in X-Box PSO, I have a feeling it will be much like the voice recognition for one's cell phone. With a cell phone, you can select a certain number you want to voice recognise, and you talk yourself into the phone, setting what you should say for it to dial that number. This makes it dependant on your voice. This would wind up being a much easier method then flat out voice recognition for every human being on the planet. If it were to use this "cell-phone" method, you could feasily have yourself say "ImStillBetterThanU" to cast, say, zonde. It would just be a much simpler method, or at least I think so.

Personally, I am getting the X-Box PSO, for several reasons:
1) Broadband Only. No lag from dialup users.
2) As of now, the US X-Box PSO will not require any additional charges over the X-Box live charge.
3) No Cheat Devices for the Box. While cheating IS possible via PC-Box links, the percentage of the population that would actually be capable of doing such a thing is quite low.
4) Servers maintained by Microsoft. If you ask me, this is a plus. It *should* get more attention than what Sonic Team gives the GC PSO servers.
5) I only own an X-Box, which I just got.

Oh, and I suggest someone find out who is publishing JP Box PSO, cause if it's Sega, then that explains the fee in Japan. Note I said PUBLISH.

Tigertron
Nov 20, 2002, 10:02 PM
Sadly Ramirez Evil-chuck is out there. *shudders at the thought of evil-chuck, faints, revives 15 minutes later and continues* So as i was saying just that one person could ruin the game for everybody b/c he had the power to push a button and crach the entire servers. Oh i hope he was caught and had to go to jail for some illegal stuff he did.

Dude skies is going to GC with a bigger story and cut un-important part. I think that game is reson enough to get a GC.

Castoth
Nov 20, 2002, 10:18 PM
*reads Tigertron's sig*

Okay, now I know to just ignore any posts from you for now on. Funny thing is that you sound more like a fanboy than a lot of GC 'fanboys' out there since you have to resort to attacks against GC PSO owners...feh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Castoth on 2002-11-20 19:18 ]</font>

Tigertron
Nov 20, 2002, 10:52 PM
Ok dude with the prob with my sig umm ya if there is no fee for xbox version a lot of ppl from GC WILL stop wasting their money on a monthly fee when they don't have to that alone makes PSOX rock. Dude if you can't think of nething else to post then don't.

Castoth
Nov 20, 2002, 11:03 PM
There is also the fact that most people still don't have Broadband in the US, not to mention that GC PSO already has a large userbase in *both* the US and Japan and the 'no extra monthly fee' for PSO isn't confirmed yet. Heck, so far, the JP version will have a monthly fee on top of the XBox Live fee so that should definitely raise some doubt (though not confirmed for the US version, still something to wonder about).

MalambisBZ
Nov 21, 2002, 12:55 AM
Idiots..... Sonic team isnt going to go through that much trouble just so you can say go forward..... and you go forward... and plus, it would be in development MUCH longer if this were true.

Plus, it would be gay, also it would simplify the game and make it so easy. Think, if one day u have a scratchy throat and goto play the game it wont be able to tell what your saying, and for that matter, it might not ever be able to tell what your saying.

I highly doubt they will add voice commands for moving, it's way too complicated and pointless because you have a controller.. it's used to CONTROL your character.

If it doesn't know what your saying, you can easily use the start menu, or quick select menu. It's not THAT hard to cast spells when not hotkeyed. The voice command stuff isn't necessary, it's just an advantage.

BTW, Tigertron, I think your signature is very immature. Don't even mention GC fanboys, because you are obviously a X-Box fanboy. Everyone who owns a GC or is playing PSO isn't a fanboy.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 21, 2002, 02:01 AM
On 2002-11-20 19:52, Tigertron wrote:
Ok dude with the prob with my sig umm ya if there is no fee for xbox version a lot of ppl from GC WILL stop wasting their money on a monthly fee when they don't have to that alone makes PSOX rock. Dude if you can't think of nething else to post then don't.

its already been said that there will be a fee for the us, not how much yet. a fee to play online and seperate fee's for any 'aditional content'. meaning while gc users only pay the 9 bucks a month, you xboxers will be paying for the monthly as well as any time you want to download a quest ot even play an online quest. assuming you havent been locked out of xbox live like many people have been, and thats not only mod chippers.

as for myself, i only own a gc, yes. i played many xbox games and ps2 games, but none have seemed to beto my liking. none are good.
*goes back to playing pso gc, while laughing at the xbox monkies that have to wait on a version that might not even come out, and playing metroid prime*

WEBSTER
Nov 21, 2002, 10:10 AM
"Free Or Fee?
It doesn't matter if you are downloading a new mission or a new map - you can expect pretty much everything during the first year of Xbox Live to be free. Microsoft wants us to get used to the idea of downloading new content and seeing its potential for increasing the longevity of our games. Also, it would be a bad idea to start charging for content right out of the gate. Xbox Live is still new, and making people pay extra on top of their initial fee before knowing how people will react to Xbox Live in the first place would be ridiculous. Microsoft needs to make Xbox Live seem as friendly and accessible as possible, especially during its infant stages. You can't have a new service catch on unless it appears to be easy, reliable, and most importantly, cheap."

you can read the rest here
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/377/377485p1.html

WEBSTER
Nov 21, 2002, 10:13 AM
oh can anyone get the link that says PSOXjp will have an extra fee, that is not just some hear say from a PSo message board?

haterade
Nov 21, 2002, 01:46 PM
*wonders if fanboys have friends*

You XBox d!ckriders have some high expectations... It's good to know the info you get from working at Microsoft... oh, wait, you don't work there, do you? Correct me if I'm wrong, please... somebody smack these kids... ESPECIALLY Tigertron. Use the period button on the keyboard kiddo... I can't really understand the whole "ummmm k xbOX ruLZ GC SUKZZZ!!11" thing.

Slap the children. Please.

Tigertron
Nov 21, 2002, 06:43 PM
Dang I bring up a question about the last sentence in a story HERE at PSOW. And what happens a flame war starts. Ok guys you want me to change my sig. Fine, I will. Oh hey look I used the period button. It is just when you are really pissed off you don't really care about the period buttons. Dang all this off of sumthin I just mentioned.

haterade
Nov 21, 2002, 06:53 PM
What the hell are you getting pissed off about?! Is an X-Box your lovechild or something? Are you whining because people tease your 'baby'? Are you crying because people like games that AREN'T on the X-Box!? Are you upset that people like GC PSO?! Do you not see how stupid you make yourself look?! Why isn't anybody slapping the kids? Somebody, please send him a life through the mail...

Tigertron
Nov 21, 2002, 08:06 PM
What the hell I know you aren't talking to me b/c I ain't ****ing whinning. I just asked for some opinions about if sumthin could be true or not. Man i bet ur some 8-yr old kid who pretends to be older. If you ain't then you sure do act like it. I outta dude this to ya. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif So go and talk to the sleeping cow... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cowsleep.gif LOL!!

faceless
Nov 22, 2002, 12:40 AM
On 2002-11-20 20:03, Castoth wrote:
There is also the fact that most people still don't have Broadband in the US, not to mention that GC PSO already has a large userbase in *both* the US and Japan and the 'no extra monthly fee' for PSO isn't confirmed yet. Heck, so far, the JP version will have a monthly fee on top of the XBox Live fee so that should definitely raise some doubt (though not confirmed for the US version, still something to wonder about).

EA recently reported that 70% of the PS2 users who played Madden online used broadband...

70% is a huge number on it's own, but consider...
even more huge when you consider it's PS2, which is aguably the least hardcore system...
even more huge when you consider it's Madden, which is aguably a popular game amongst casual gamers...

and then there's that whole thing about people complaining about not enough BBA's with GC PSO...
oh, and the same complaints back in the DC days...
the statistics for gamers aren't the same as the statistics for the average person...

faceless
Nov 22, 2002, 12:41 AM
microsoft licensed voice recognition technology from some company, and the libraries are usable by any xbox developer that wants to... it's not a hard thing to add for sonic team or any other developer...

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 22, 2002, 01:49 AM
its already been said that there will be a fee for the us, not how much yet. a fee to play online and seperate fee's for any 'aditional content'. meaning while gc users only pay the 9 bucks a month, you xboxers will be paying for the monthly as well as any time you want to download a quest ot even play an online quest. assuming you havent been locked out of xbox live like many people have been, and thats not only mod chippers.It has been said that, yes, there WILL be a monthly fee for Xbox Live (likely $10/mo) after the initial 12 months, but I have not seen a single thing regarding a monthly fee specifically for PSO Xbox in the U.S. Nothing has been confirmed either way. Nothing. MAYBE there will, MAYBE there won't.

People here need to quit fighting over nothing, it seems.

haterade
Nov 22, 2002, 12:34 PM
On 2002-11-21 17:06, Tigertron wrote:
What the hell I know you aren't talking to me b/c I ain't ****ing whinning. I just asked for some opinions about if sumthin could be true or not. Man i bet ur some 8-yr old kid who pretends to be older. If you ain't then you sure do act like it. I outta dude this to ya. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif So go and talk to the sleeping cow... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cowsleep.gif LOL!!

Well, at least you're using periods now. *claps*
I must be one smart ass 8-year old. Hell, I'm able to use my periods and all! And yes, you are whining. You've been whining from the first time you've been here. You've been whining when people disagree with your X-Box d!ckriding. All you dumbf*ckers are fighting over nothing, as if Microsoft or Nintendo is paying you to defend their system on a message board... all hail Allah aka Bill Gates... your life will be coming through the mail shortly...

Tigertron
Nov 22, 2002, 04:26 PM
Ya whatever haterade i don't listen to you anymore. You are the fanboy for defending GC so much just as bad as me. I try not to be a fanboy but all the xbox smashers who say "oh voice chat sux" probably have never tried it on xbox and therefore can't talk. Now those fanboys piss me off.

Hey faceless when PSOX comes out look me up my gamertag is Tigertron if you have it now go ahead and send me a friends invite.