PDA

View Full Version : FOmar VS FOmarl VS FOneweral VS FOnewm

Annoy
Nov 18, 2002, 09:23 PM
I wanna create a Force...but I'm not sure which is the best. Thanks

BlindPhantom
Nov 18, 2002, 09:25 PM
I think FOnewm would be more valuable in the long run because of his RA techs being stronger then the other forces.

PlatinumGame
Nov 18, 2002, 09:29 PM
FOnewm is the best in a sense. In another sense, there is no best Force or best any other class. It all depends on what you like to do and what kind of stats you want.

Midnight99
Nov 18, 2002, 09:36 PM
It all depends on what you want. FOnewearls have the highest mind but are very weak. Fonewms are well rounded and have the best defense. Fomars have the highest attack but have bad defense and HP. Fomarls have good attack and defense but have low mind and tp.

LollipopLolita
Nov 18, 2002, 09:38 PM
you might want to check out the character guide out

http://www.pso-world.com/classes.php

Midnight99
Nov 18, 2002, 09:39 PM
Sorry about the repitition of "It all depends on what you want/like". I was writing my post while PlatinumGame was writing their message.

Muku6
Nov 18, 2002, 10:07 PM
I prefer FOmarl myself. I started with one on PSO on my Dreamcast and stuck with it on my PSO on my Gamecube now. I prefer melee fighting, but like the amount of TP that Forces get. FOmarls have decent attack and defense, but yea, compared to others have low mind and TP. If you are more of a melee person, like me, I'd recommend FOmarl.

Fulgore_7575
Nov 19, 2002, 01:15 AM
All them would would get owned by Vashin's "FOcast"

LollipopLolita
Nov 19, 2002, 01:21 AM
damage rating of certain techniques depends on the FO class. check the psow character guide for details

Alisha
Nov 19, 2002, 03:29 AM
im a little biased here but i say fomarl all the way

CrashCat
Nov 19, 2002, 06:42 AM
OK, this is driving me nuts. Rappyland, those character sheets on here, and just about every other forum post about forces I've seen has slightly different combinations for the tech bonuses for each of these guys. It gives me an idea what's going on but I still wish I knew which ones were accurate...

Alena Zouryx
Nov 19, 2002, 12:19 PM
I have to agree with the rest of you -- I think that the FOmarl takes the cake. She is the only FO character who actually has high defense, making her a bit easier to play as. And, if you're like me, she has a decent ATP score, not as high as the FOmar, but high enough to support her DFP, allowing her to make use of out-of-the-reach weapons for the FOnewm and FOnewearl by at least 10 or so levels earlier.

The slight lower MST/TP handicap isn't really that bad, considering that the FOmarl also has the strongest Grants attack (1.5 damage), allowing her to make up for the low TP amounts with the strongest technique attack out of all of the characters. Add this with 2x range and effect of all of the support abilities, and you've got yourself one heck of a Force. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Munki
Nov 19, 2002, 01:23 PM
I would say it depends on the type of group you play in. All the forces definately have their uses, and I would say that each are a good choice to play. The newmen Forces I think function best with a group, particularly with Hunters. Since both of the newmens aren't much to speak of physically, it is good when you have tanks to fight on the front lines. The humans are better all around guys, both of them can stand their own in a fight, and both can do significant damage with their spells as well. I would say the spell specialization isn't that huge of a deal, but they definately are something to think of. The FOmar is definately geared towards gettin in the thick of things, specializing in the mid to short range Gi- spells, the FOmarl gets the Support and Grants increases (I don't know if they get any others...), the FOnewmn gets the RA- techniques (good for clearing out rooms, but you will guzzle fluids faster than any other force most likely), and the FOnewearl gets the base level techs, Megid (useful for Ult. I am told) and Resta.

I personally play the FOnewearl, as I like the healing, and the base level spells have massive range, as well as do a huge amount of damage to one target (not as much as Grants, but the casting times are far quicker). I just can't get around how silly the FOnewmn player model looks, otherwise I would play as him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I played as him in PSO DC v1, and it just made me dislike it even more, havin to stare at him for hours on end. =-)

Defend
Nov 19, 2002, 01:35 PM
If you're choosing out of FOmarl and FOmar, I'd recommend FOmar.

These two are the fighters of the FO, and the FOmar is simply a more focussed on this. Don't let the options confuse you, know what you want.
Stats for a fighting FO?
Stats for a magic FO?
Or are you just after a style/look you like.

I assume you're talking stats, and by comparing the FOmar and FOmarl, you're also looking at the melee FO.

Stats-wise, she has DFP and HP. That's it. He has ATP, MST, faster melee, and faster spell casting.
A FOmar will definately avoid being hit more than a FOmarl in the same situation, simply because he's faster. I don't know why he deserves more MST than her.

On the other hand, she has defence. The FOmar still has more EVP (ATA difference negligable), so ALL she has is damage reduction. In BA mode this allows her to compete in physical combat. In normal gameplay, these mean very little. Perhaps at level 120 or so a FOmarl will survive a boss before a FOmar can, and for a brief few levels, the FOmar might care.

The FOmar is simply faster and stronger, at melee and magic. Offensive stats are always in play, defensive stats.. you'll barely even think of.

I think the FOmarl supporters here are biased.. so am I. I'd pick a FOmarl, they're cute and have unique motions, while the FOmar is the bland HUmar of the FO. See? Its a style issue for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm not a FOmar supporter, he's a suck-up in my opinion. Stats-wise, he wins though.

If you can live with the FOmar's style, and prefer stats, definately go FOmar. If you want cute and unique, FOmarl! Who doesn't love a FOmarl anyway?

If you are really interested more in magic anyway, dump both of them. Rememember the other FO being weaker doesn't make them less fun, but does make them more dedicated to being a FO. Once you realise that a FOmar is still the weakest fighter in a team that only he supports, you might wish you really were 'properly' focussed on magic. This is an aspect where the FOmarl really falls short.. her cute but clumsy casting speeds really make her feel bad as a FO.

Quick mention on battle. FOmarl vs FOmar.
Her DFP and HP will help her more than his EVP helps him, she could handle his attacking. Except he's also faster overall. I'm also unsure on who specializes in what support techniques, but the FOmarl has at best, the FOmar's s/d... this website says she doesn't even specialize in Shifta.
As the attacking techniques, I can only comment on v2's BA. Grants was useless, the Gi-techs weren't. This website says she only specializes in Grants.

So in BA:
stats - FOmar
melee speed - FOmar
magic speed - FOmar
magic support - FOmar or a tie
magic offence - judging by this site, and from v2 experience, FOmar.

FOmar for n00bs or statseekers.
FOmarl for the fans.
FOnewm/newearl for the real magic.
And I have nfi about comparing those last two.

Munki
Nov 19, 2002, 02:48 PM
Wow, Defend, great job in breaking down the Humans! I will see if I can do a similar breakdown for the Newmen, as I tend to play as them

As stated, the newman Forces are the magic heavy ones, more specialized than the Humans.

Since we are talking playability and stats over style, I will focus on that.

FOnewearl has the highest MST of all characters in the game. By at least 100 at Base 200, and almost 250 at Max 200. This helps to cut in a bit to the advantage that other forces have with their specializations... because of her high MST, she will definately do more damage with her non-specialty than the other forces do with their non-specialties. This also means she has the most TP of all characters as well (breaks 2000), which definately is a plus when using Trifluids. Unfortunately, she has the lowest ATP of all (BASE and MAX), and the lowest DFP (MAX only). Those 2 stats are really only usefull for fighting, which should be taboo for this character. Her high EVP should help if someone sneaks up on you, or you get caught in the middle of casting a spell. Her specialties are the Normal level spells (Foie, Zonde, Barta), Megid, and Resta. She is good if you want to play as more of a 'sniper' force, picking off guys at long range (Zonde has incredible range). Also, their Megid is quite devistating at higher spell levels, and supposedly owns in Ultimate with this spell. Anyway, she is a good character to support a couple hunters, as her Resta is great, and she can deal some pretty good damage from afar. And she is cute! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just watch out for those dang boxes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

FOnewmn is more of the total offensive Force. His specialty of Ra- level techniques make him valuable for taking out packs of enemies, as well as helping hunters to escape when they get surrounded by critters. He has better DFP, better ATP, and his MST and TP are still pretty high. Be careful though, as the RA- level spells are costly, and you will chug fluids like no tomorrow. I am pretty sure the RA spells don't do as much damage to a single target as the normal level spells, but it more than makes up for it with its AOE. Unfortunately, Rabarta and Razonde are risky to use, as they emenate from around the caster... meaning you gotta be in the thick of things, which is where a Newmen mage doesn't want to be. Also, Gibarta is supposedly better at freezing, so alot of Forces feel that it is the best of the Barta 'tree'. But Rafoie is quite arguably one of the most useful spells (at least it was for me), and this guy will hit harder with it than anybody else.
Anyway, hope this helps you out!

Sedric
Nov 19, 2002, 07:18 PM
I'd say there's no point talking about FO's EVP. I mean, it's a FO.... Their EVP is generally low from the start anyway so blocking is kinda out of question for them. On top of that, they can't use shields, which means they lose nearly 50% of options for EVP boost. Sure, any FO will block occasionally, but that's one in a million. (Of course, a FO can block like a mad man if you go back to normal mode Forest at Lv 30+, but who doesn't???) So I don't think about "blocking" when I play in "appropriate difficulty" for my FO's "current level." Especially in Ultimate mode, where even HUs seem to have trouble blocking. Besides, I haven't seen anybody (even a HU) that "successfully blocked" boss' attacks yet.

I can say the same thing for FO's ATP and ATA, though they do have their usefulness at low levels. But since most people will spend most of their times between Lv 50 ~ 200, I believe my statement is valid. And everybody knows about FO's ATP & ATA issue already anyway, so I'm not going into details about that.

I'd say only things that matter about a FO's stat is HP, TP, MST, DEF, and tech-bonuses.

So, about FOmar vs FOmarl, I think it all comes down to this question: do you wanna deal bit more damage with techs at expense of your defensive capability, or have a slightly better chance at surviving at expense of lesser tech-power?

Oronis
Nov 20, 2002, 01:24 AM
I've been playing FOnewm since v1, so I got a few tips that always work well.

Make a high mind mag, with the rest split between dex and def.

Get a Heart, Mind, or Giest handgun.

You'll hardly need any fluids until you start playing in the ultimate levels, or if your in a fast paced online game.

The basic idea is to nuke heavy then every other room or so save a monster that you can drain back your tp from. It helps to build the dex on your mag so that you can hit reasonably with the special attack, and to allow you access to better guns with higher accuracy.

Also after a certain amount of targets your Ra-series nukes become more tp efficient than the Gi or normal series. Right now my level 10 foie nukes for about 190 on Boomas, and costs 16 tp or so, my level 4 Rafoie is 30 tp and hits for 201, get me 2 or more Boomas and my Rafoie is a ton more efficient.

Short description of a FOnewm.

Enter room
Walks in large circles
Rafoie!
Rafoie!
Collect your loot, Arr

Shrevn
Nov 20, 2002, 02:57 AM
lol lolita really pushin that link huh...

well id say FOmarl.
I had no problemo usin one back in DC and i have one now!!! lv7... but hey she has lots of rares and a lv 140 mag... im just lazy to grow her lol...
They are strong *as a force can be* in attack good mecks or a dbl can get you a long way! No need of much TP when your usin them since they can attack and they get a decent chunck of TP.
If im not mistaken i had around 1700 back on DC and that was v1... Im really not sure about those numbers do...

Sedyne
Nov 20, 2002, 06:36 AM
IMO FOmar is THE BEST Force. Why?

Strongest ATP of all forces. Then add level 30 Shifta/Deband and Deband your enemies with Level 30 Zalure. Well all I can say is, those MOFO's are goin down like nothing =P

Scan_Man
Nov 20, 2002, 09:43 AM
What is the point of fonewman's ra techs in an online team game if fonewearl can kill the same group of enemies in one megid blast? And that is only with level 28 megid and 1298 mst (for me anyways).

Fonewman's ra techs are good because they allow him to do get through offline ultimate mode sooner. I say 300 damage with ra techs in mines is great. Fonewman only needs like level 20 techs with over 1000 mst to do that much damage. Fonewearl needs level 30 and mst over 1200. Also, if fonewman is playing with hunters he might be able to steal some kills with his ra techs.

Do not count evp out. It is pretty useful when you have a a lot of it. Fonewearl has the 2nd highest evp in the game. My evp is not even max with her and I block pretty much everything. Its just that the only thing that comes through is the critical hits, and that is where the low dfp screws me.

Soul_Hollow
Nov 20, 2002, 12:01 PM
Hello. I feel that FOnewm is the best force. Just my thought.

Alena Zouryx
Nov 20, 2002, 12:26 PM
*gets into character* As one of the few remaining FOmarls out there, I have to say I am outraged!!! In case none of you could tell, the FOmarl is the best FO overall. Yes I know that her stats aren't as high as the FOmar in ATP, or the FOnewearl in MST, but if you look at her in WHOLE, her stats are very well-rounded and she stands a MUCH higher chance of surviving than any of the other forces.

My FOmarl is level 53, and although her MST is only around 500, her DFP is through the roof, and she has 368 EVP - she blocks quite often in Very Hard mode, to tell you the truth. And yes, she DOES get 2x range in EVERY support technique - including Shifta. And dude, if you are going to focus the FOmar on nothing but Shifta/Zalure, then you might as well play a HUmar if all you want is attack, unless you are really into having your male character wear a dress. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Guys - look at the entire picture. The FOmarl is bested by just about all of the other FOs, but she DOES have the highest DFP AND she is the most well-rounded. If you are looking at the best all-around FO, it is definately the FOmarl, because she isn't lacking in a single stat. Her MST is high (yes, I think 1200+ MST at level 200 is quite high) and her DFP allows her to LIVE against Falz and Flow, unlike the other FO's who must wait another 10 or so levels untill they can survive.

Plus, (as was said before) the FOmarl has unique movements that no other class has, allowing her to stand out more in a crowd. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

And at higher tech levels, her casting time is reduced dramatically. To the FOnewearl player: The FOneweal's basic level spell casting is blazing fast, and at level 30, Grants is just as fast, if used by the FOmarl. PLUS it is the STRONGEST POSSIBLE TECHNIQUE out of ALL of the forces, since it is boosted by 1.5. Sure, the FOnewearl gets a higher chance of Megid, and I envy that, but I don't like the chance of it just not working.

So if you look at it in the long run, OVERALL, the FOmarl is the most well-rounded of the Forces, and as the text says, she is also more balanced, allowing her to play Medic, Attacker, OR Melee-er. Whatever you like to play, FOmarl can do it. That's why she's the best FO.

Of course, I say this in all do respect of other's opinions...I am always mutilated in battle by FOnewms... >_<

Foggy_Pete
Nov 20, 2002, 01:01 PM
nice job everyone, i guess ill try to compare them all in a little less detail and even trow in an opinion or two on my experiences with the FOs

FOmar-the most powerful in mele combat, however, what the FOmar gains in strength he loses in defense and magical prowes. overall the FOmar is difficult to handle because he has no real defining trait over any other character in the game, while i played him i often found myself wishing i had enough HP to survive a boss atack and wishing i had either the physical kick of the HUs or the exeptional MST strength of the other FOs. Also, being a new character to PSO, there is an overabundance of this average character running around with a n00b at the wheel, making most seasoned PSO vets sigh when they see a lvl 5 FOmar joins there team. if you wish to be more original, as i did, go with anouther FOrce that there is a lack of like the FOmarl...
HP:7 *not bad but he does get in a little over his head once in awhile*
ATP:8 *sadly, ATP doesnt do a FO much good but he does have more than the other FOs*
DFP:7 *still near the top of the FOs but overall its pretty pitiful*
MST:6.5 *better than the fOmarl but not even close to the newmans*
EVP:9 *pretty exelent lvl 200 base but the FOnewm manages to have a higher max by just a few points*
OVERALL: 7 out of 10

FOmarl-there are a serrios lack of these characters in the world of PSO, they exel in support techs that the other classes no longer have the power to provide for themselves. they cant hold there own in combat quite as well as the other FOs but are welcome on any team because of there exelent ability to provide backup and hold a falling team together. they have one other exelent advantage over the other FOs and that is the power to actualy *GASP* SURVIVE an enemy attack! yes, the FOmarls have more HP and DFP than the other members of there class and this shows durring bossfights when someone with reverser is needed to keep the team alive
HP:9 *exelent! no other force comes close*
ATP:7 *not as good as the FOmar but not far behind*
DFP:9 *the best of the forces and it shows, this stat will save your butt many a time*
MST:4 *sadly, the FOmarl falls short on this stat*
EVP:8 *not bad at all, EVP is a FOs 2nd best friend*
OVERALL: 8 out of 10

FOnewm- i found the FOnewm to be the perfect ballence of the FO characters, just a little below the FOnewearl in mental abilities but able to take a hit better than his female counterpart. the FOnewm exels in powerful attack techs that can blast a room clean in seconds *IF* he manages to avoide getting hit. the newmans lack defense and HP and it shows up as a terrible glaring weakness. but, the FOnewm can handle himself quite well in the hands of a skilled player, however, if the FOnewm and the FOneweal manage to fall into the hands of a clueless n00b expect to see a newman massacre
HP:6.5 *even for a force somewhat low*
ATP:6 *lacking but ATP isnt verry important for a force anyway*
DFP:6.5 *like i said, not for a n00b*
MST:9.5 *its almost scary how strong the goofy looking FOnewms can become after a few levels*
EVP: 8 *not bad in the least*
OVERALL:9 out of 10

FOnewearl-the most powerful mentaly, MST is the bread and butter of a force and makes the difference between a good one and a bad one. think of the FOnewearl as a toothpick with a hat, that just happens to be able to fry your butt with frighteningly powerful spells. this is probly the most powerful class when used correctly, a underexperienced PSO player will find himself spending more time dead than casting techs if he doesnt know how to handle such a delicate FO.
HP:4 *terrible! but most FOs are skrewed if they get hit anyway, with the exeption of the FOmarl*
ATP:5.5 *you dont even really need own a mele weapon with this character*
DFP:5 *what did you expect?*
MST:10 *a perfect 10! potentualy the best FO out there*
EVP:8 *all FOs have pretty good evp*
OVERALL: 9-10
good FO teams
ok here i will discuss what FOs go well together and how to compensate for the weaknesses of each other

the 4 person FOmar team
this team may come about pretty often because FOmars are so common, and sadly, no 4 FOs make a good team
FOmar1-may wish to play close range to take advantage of the FOmars physical attack abilities. also to hold back monsters while the other FOmars blast them with techs
FOmar2-may wish to play mid-close range to heal or asist FOmar1 in mele combat, also to make sure no monsters get by FOmar1 and interupt the tech casting of the other two FOs
FOmar 3 and 4- may wish to constantly blast techs into the group of badies FOmar1&2 are keeping at bay, also one may want to consentrate on the magic weakness of one type of monsters, say, booma and shoot RAfoie into the group. while the other, attacks gioboomas with a high level (for longer range) Gizonde

the perfect FO team
still, a 4 person team of FOrces is never a good idea but i think this would probly be the best team you could ask for
FOmar1-keep monsters at bay and try to stay in mele combat range, best equiped with a saber
FOmar2-mid or close range, act as a last line of defense to protect the more fragile Nemans and make sure to help FOmar1 and keep the monsters tightly grouped, best equiped with a handgun
FOnewm-long range, just keep shooting RA level techs into the mess, best equiped with a wand or something that raises MST
FOnewearl-aid the FOnewm with attack techs but stand just behind him incase you find your two FOmars dead and a heardabooma marching tword you

wow! i almost wrote an intire FAQ..maybe ill send it in even though some of the stuff may not be statisticaly correct

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foggy_Pete on 2002-11-20 10:13 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Nov 20, 2002, 02:00 PM
All forces can melee, you just need the right weapons. Fomar (low ata) will need a weapon with high hit percent, while fonewearl (low atp) needs high percent for the other areas. Fomarl and fonewman do not need to depend on percent so much.

The other day while online I decided to melee with my fonewearl just for kicks. In ultimate ruins with a 30% dark and 55% hit durandle, I was able keep up with my teammates damage wise. I believe fonewearl is better at being a ranger though because she has highest ata and evp of forces. Anyway, the point is with the right tools you can make your character however you want. Depending on stats some need more effort than others.

All the crap you guys talking about don't mean a thing once you reach level 140. Trust me there is no reason to attack with weapons at that level. You only need 1200 mst and techs over level 26 to function well. Trust me, mine is at 1298 with all techs at 30 except for megid, and its more than enough. As for tech damage, just get items that boost where you lack. I will like to say no other force can beat or match fonewearl's megid. That is the only thing that sets her apart from the rest. For everything else it is easy to make up the differnce.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2002-11-20 11:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2002-11-20 11:39 ]</font>

haterade
Nov 20, 2002, 02:24 PM
*wonders why everyone thinks shifta does something for MST attacks*

watashiwa
Nov 20, 2002, 02:58 PM
http://www.pioneer2.net/FOmar_Ultimate_Forest.avi

;0;!!!

Saladwood
Nov 20, 2002, 03:09 PM
On 2002-11-20 11:58, watashiwa wrote:
http://www.pioneer2.net/FOmar_Ultimate_Forest.avi

;0;!!!

[email]

yeah you show up just to pimp that.

watashiwa
Nov 20, 2002, 03:14 PM
On 2002-11-20 12:09, PSOSaladWood wrote:
yeah you show up just to pimp that.

My FOmar is badass? :D ?

HC82
Nov 20, 2002, 03:34 PM
After actually getting my FO to level 110, seeing other FOs perform and unlocking ulti ruins offline I can say that each FO has something pretty usefull just in different areas.

Melee, support, and damage.

Melee: Techs are costly tp wise, as are fluids in terms of cash and when they appear in the shop. Using melee helps cut down on costs, and in some cases melee is more viable against certain enemies like vol opt in ulti.

Support: That x2 S/D, J/Z, Resta/anti range which certain forces have is invalueable. S/D and resta ranges have been GREATLY reduced from what they were in ver1 and ver2. If you don't have a x2 bonus in one of these ares, even at level 30 your range won't be anywhere as godlike as you'd hope it to be. It's more along the range of a level 8~12 range by comparision to ver1~2.

So going all offensive tech means you have to be cautious of where your team is, and they can't stray to far in a large room.

Damage: Tech damage is pretty nice now. Basic level techs deal damage on par with hunters attacks if your a FOnewearl. RA techs gain a slow damage increase past level 15, while gi and basic techs gain the greatest tech damage increase past 15. So while a RA tech hits everything it's damage is alot less then a basic tech. Usually about 1/2 to a 1/3 less.

Not sure about megid yet as mine is still level 17.

All the FOs but the FOnewearl have crap evasion. FOnewearls evasion is I believe 3rd highest. It is around 100 more then HUmar.

Saladwood
Nov 20, 2002, 04:03 PM
no not really wata he's not

Rhete
Nov 21, 2002, 09:11 PM
On 2002-11-19 11:48, Munki wrote:
Be careful though, as the RA- level spells are costly, and you will chug fluids like no tomorrow.

I keep hearing this, but its only true at really low levels. At low levels yeah, ra-techs are really expensive, but at higher levels they're barely more than simple techs. Here are my tech levels and costs on my FOnewearl

Foie - Level 29 - 41 TP
Zonde - Level 27 - 34 TP
Barta - Level 30 - 38 TP

Gifoie - Level 26 - 37 TP
Gizonde - Level 27 - 40 TP
Gibarta - Level 23 - 36 TP

Rafoie - Level 27 - 36 TP
Razonde - Level 29 - 43 TP
Rabarta - Level 30 - 40 TP
Grants - Level 24 - 70 TP
Megid - Level 24 - 54 TP

Resta - Level 29 - 48 TP
Shifta - Level 30 - 39 TP
Deband - Level 26 - 35 TP
Jellen - Level 30 - 24 TP
Zalure - Level 30 - 24 TP

For a while my simple techs were much more expensive than my ra techs, since simples are much more common in ult forest and caves, so I had 20+ versions of them, while still under 15 for the RAs. The only really expensive spells are Grants by a lot, then Megid and Resta. I think its funny how much more grants costs than everything else, and its the FOmarls best spell, with her low mst

Sedric
Nov 21, 2002, 10:43 PM
On 2002-11-21 18:11, Rhete wrote:
The only really expensive spells are Grants by a lot, then Megid and Resta. I think its funny how much more grants costs than everything else, and its the FOmarls best spell, with her low mst

And let me tell ya, man, it's unfair.... I heard alotta people say FOmarl is really nerfed in EP 1&2, and somehow I feel the same. And she happens to be my favorite force....

Bah, no matter! She'll kick ass anyway! Nothing beats the day like a woman in skirt! (And a man in robedress!!)

Munki
Nov 22, 2002, 02:26 AM
On 2002-11-21 18:11, Rhete wrote:

On 2002-11-19 11:48, Munki wrote:
Be careful though, as the RA- level spells are costly, and you will chug fluids like no tomorrow.

I keep hearing this, but its only true at really low levels. At low levels yeah, ra-techs are really expensive, but at higher levels they're barely more than simple techs. Here are my tech levels and costs on my FOnewearl

Wow! I never knew that that simple's eclipsed the Ra's! That just seems funny to me. I have noticed that my normals seem to go up quicker in cost than my ra's have...

Is this maybe just for FOnewearl? Are the casting costs different for the 4 forces? Or is this a global thing?