PDA

View Full Version : Item: Anyone finding Hit Materials?

Amethyst
Nov 18, 2002, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure why, but for some odd reason none of my friends and I have found ANY hit materials. Our levels are pretty high and in Vhard. Do we just have bad luck? wrong ID? or what?

VulpesMundi
Nov 18, 2002, 11:04 PM
It's quite simple. Sonic Team removed Hit Materials from the game. I think this even includes Challenge mode. They just wanted to make it more challenging to raise the ATA score. Now you HAVE to use DEX on a MAG and/or ?/Arm units.

You'll also notice that ?/Arm units tend to give a lower bonus. A default Marksman/Arm is still +3. A default General/Arm is now only +5 (used to be +7). And a default Elf/Arm is +7 (used to be +11). From what I've heard a default God/Arm is still +15.

Amethyst
Nov 18, 2002, 11:08 PM
Yea, the Arms are totaly bad now. My Character needed 6 more ata so I equipted a General/Arm (+5). Then I remembered I had a Elf/Arm-- which turned out to be also +5. Strange, I thought it should have been +6. Oh well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDarkness
Nov 19, 2002, 02:42 AM
Yeah, kind of a bummer that Hit Material is gone. Not that I need it because both of my characters are Rangers, but they did come in handy.

On thing that has bothered me so far is that they removed a couple of things that were extremely useful...

-State/Maint
-Trap/Search

What is up with that? Especially since the number of creatures that cause negative status effects has multiplied exponentially. It sucks that there's nothing you can do about it.

-EDarkness

FinalMasterM
Nov 19, 2002, 04:15 AM
On 2002-11-18 23:42, EDarkness wrote:
On thing that has bothered me so far is that they removed a couple of things that were extremely useful...

-State/Maint
-Trap/Search

-EDarkness

eh... I don't think they are removed, just less common, I've found a General/Battle today in ult. forest, so I'm pretty sure those are still in, maybe try a redria or keep looking in ult.

RedFox
Nov 19, 2002, 04:21 AM
barubary said they've both been removed... not on any item lists.

i believe him.

Toyzferall
Nov 19, 2002, 07:01 AM
I personally think it's a bit better that they're gone. RAngers are all the more useful, now. And you have to have a *GASP!* somewhat balanced MAG.

Amethyst
Nov 19, 2002, 03:39 PM
State/Maint gone? oh goody, that will make the dragon in ultimate even more fun. Anyone like ICE?

Al-Rappy
Nov 19, 2002, 05:39 PM
State/Maintenance and Trap/Search are not gone. Why would someone think that? But yes... Hit Materials are gone.

VulpesMundi
Nov 19, 2002, 05:51 PM
They are gone. Believe me. Trap/Search used to show up in the armor shop, too, starting at level 26 if I remember correctly.

If you want resistance against all status ailments, you're gonna have to look for a Sacred Guard now (assuming they still exist and are unchanged in this matter).

DJ_Monkey
Nov 19, 2002, 06:39 PM
Funny, I found a Hit Material 2 days ago...

FinalMasterM
Nov 19, 2002, 11:46 PM
On 2002-11-19 15:39, DJ_Monkey wrote:
Funny, I found a Hit Material 2 days ago...

Funny, they aren't in the game, don't even appear on the WORD SELECT.

About the Trap/Search and State/Main. that's gonna suck, I hate carrying around Trap Visions... and finding a S.Guard is gonna be loads of fun :/

Neo-Zenji
Nov 19, 2002, 11:52 PM
Nope never found them in my wide long search..........that guy was probably talking about the dreamcast version.