PDA

View Full Version : I don't get why people are complaining about lack of content

Kanore
Nov 8, 2006, 09:53 PM
It seems like people are complaining about lack of levels. It's easy to meet people doing De Ragan runs. Take those people and bring them to Relics and Neudaiz. The final levels to the current max, 50, can be done 4 easy ways: De Ragan A, Relics A, Temple B, and Temple A. That's not restricted at all.

And those complaining about the level cap being so low and easy? Why are these people usually still at 20? One would think that Sega's actually being nice and allowing people to catch up with hardcore players, but people always seem to have a problem with everything.

The only problem I have is with the lack of Moatoob. Poor Beasts, stuck without their homeplanet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SonicTMP
Nov 8, 2006, 09:54 PM
cause people like to explor. limit them and they get upset. Also no other online game has done something like this. It's not a well received idea in japan either.

Kanore
Nov 8, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:54, SonicTMP wrote:
It's not a well received idea in japan either.

The whole 'release day somewhat mimiced WoW's release day' thing makes me think you're pulling that out of nowhere.

Flamingo99
Nov 8, 2006, 09:58 PM
People are speed leveling like crazy. Those are the people that are most likely complaining. The others are the ones that haven't set foot onto Neudaiz and completed the missions there. Yes there are more updates comming our way so we grow impatient... and we are spoiled americans want everything now and we want to have the same content Japan has now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-11-08 18:59 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Nov 8, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:56, Kanore wrote:

The whole 'release day somewhat mimiced WoW's release day' thing makes me think you're pulling that out of nowhere.

Not sure i understand. Did wow get released in japan on that same day?

Anyway, it's ignorant to think japan hasn't complained about this setup. And really, how many other games have done this sort of thing where the content is there, its just locked? Personally I don't know any other online game like that. And even if one has, it's got to be tail end of the radar of online games. Alot of the big names haven't done this with inital release, there really isn't any reason sega should of either.

The whole point of the argument is people wouldn't be complaning about the content if the online part was released like any other online game. Sometimes different isn't better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SonicTMP on 2006-11-08 19:03 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 8, 2006, 10:03 PM

Actually no. When WoW was released it had PLENTY of content, yeah it was quick to hit the cap, but there was already enough for people to do, to were when the next update came out people were still trying to get the stuff befor that done, and this continued to were there was ALWAYS something for you to do in that game.

Japanese and American players are pissed because name a time when an MMO has came out and people didnt hit the level cap within the first week and have everything done. Even GUILDWARS, which to me was a fukin joke, was easy to hit cap, but there was still stuff for you to do at cap, even NOW, they have expansions comming out for that game.

PSU has wayyyyyy more potential then WoW, GuildWars, Everquest even. But SEGA/Sonic Team are to fukin retarded to realize they have an awsome concept for a video game and arent capitalizing on it. In no way is it difficult to make content for this game, theres hardly any gloss textures in this game, I dont even remember seeing a reflection anywhere, the models and characters are simple as hell, the level layout can be designed by a team in less then a week, trust me I know about it, the hardest part would have to the scripting and coding for everything, but if they had there shit together, we would have all the content available now, and they would be working on ACTUAL updates and not unlocking things that are already on the cd.

On the other hand, maybe SEGA decided to do this to buy them some more time to make content for the game?

Cross
Nov 8, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:53, Kanore wrote:
The final levels to the current max, 50, can be done 4 easy ways: De Ragan A, Relics A, Temple B, and Temple A. That's not restricted at all.

That's a joke, right?

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:03, AkiraXxx wrote:

Actually no. When WoW was released it had PLENTY of content, yeah it was quick to hit the cap, but there was already enough for people to do, to were when the next update came out people were still trying to get the stuff befor that done, and this continued to were there was ALWAYS something for you to do in that game.

Japanese and American players are pissed because name a time when an MMO has came out and people didnt hit the level cap within the first week and have everything done. Even GUILDWARS, which to me was a fukin joke, was easy to hit cap, but there was still stuff for you to do at cap, even NOW, they have expansions comming out for that game.

PSU has wayyyyyy more potential then WoW, GuildWars, Everquest even. But SEGA/Sonic Team are to fukin retarded to realize they have an awsome concept for a video game and arent capitalizing on it. In no way is it difficult to make content for this game, theres hardly any gloss textures in this game, I dont even remember seeing a reflection anywhere, the models and characters are simple as hell, the level layout can be designed by a team in less then a week, trust me I know about it, the hardest part would have to the scripting and coding for everything, but if they had there shit together, we would have all the content available now, and they would be working on ACTUAL updates and not unlocking things that are already on the cd.

On the other hand, maybe SEGA decided to do this to buy them some more time to make content for the game?

Of course they did. If they do it this way, they can add in new content WITH the content on the CD so it seems like extra bonus content. Most people aren't complaining, the minority is just loud and obnoxious. I know the game has more and I'm not complaining, in fact, I love it like this. That means people like me who work 6 days a week can catch up to people who live on the game, and they haven't done everything in the world while I've done nothing. The limit won't even last that long.

Don't like it? Leave. Complaining gets nothing done. Ever. EVER.

ShinMaruku
Nov 8, 2006, 10:15 PM
The main issue wiht this is they are trying the MMO route when this is anything but (all apreties are guilty on this one) Secondly there really is nothing much to do, if you are a hardcore player you'll burn though this quite quickly and even at a normal pace this will not last too long.
Seocndly Sonic Team for the last few years ahve been piss-poor with their talent being lazy.
Lastly the biggesdt problem with this whole equation is the support some are giving these jackasses.

Bout Japan had to wait so we do... Just becuase Japan took this buggery menas I have to while being silent? Nah buddy, not me. They could do much better but nah it's their lazyness and this acceptance I been seeing... It's like Itagaki's pervy behavior being condoned.

AkiraXxx
Nov 8, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:12, Xbob wrote:

Of course they did. If they do it this way, they can add in new content WITH the content on the CD so it seems like extra bonus content. Most people aren't complaining, the minority is just loud and obnoxious. I know the game has more and I'm not complaining, in fact, I love it like this. That means people like me who work 6 days a week can catch up to people who live on the game, and they haven't done everything in the world while I've done nothing. The limit won't even last that long.

Don't like it? Leave. Complaining gets nothing done. Ever. EVER.

Im just hoping that sonic team IS working on new content as we speak, and arent sitting on there thumbs while we wait for the unlocks all to be opened BEFOR they start working on new content.

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:15, ShinMaruku wrote:
The main issue wiht this is they are trying the MMO route when this is anything but (all apreties are guilty on this one) Secondly there really is nothing much to do, if you are a hardcore player you'll burn though this quite quickly and even at a normal pace this will not last too long.
Seocndly Sonic Team for the last few years ahve been piss-poor with their talent being lazy.
Lastly the biggesdt problem with this whole equation is the support some are giving these jackasses.

Bout Japan had to wait so we do... Just becuase Japan took this buggery menas I have to while being silent? Nah buddy, not me. They could do much better but nah it's their lazyness and this acceptance I been seeing... It's like Itagaki's pervy behavior being condoned.

Yes, you do have to wait, quiet or not. And I don't think Sega is going to take much heat from you complaining on boards that aren't theirs.

AkiraXxx
Nov 8, 2006, 10:18 PM

Yeah, good example. SHENMUE 3, Aka shenmue online. Im sure that project is going to get scrapped if it hasnt already. Im not even sure if SEGA has a part in that game, but im sure they do somehow, Kinda sucks because I wanted to play the next shenmue saga so damn bad, when lan di took off in the helicopter i was hella pissed. Its like they have all these bad ass ideas for these games but they never fully pull through with it. They are relying to much on there tactics back in the DC age to push things in the next gen age. And its going to come back and bite them on the ass.

ShinMaruku
Nov 8, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:17, Xbob wrote:

Yes, you do have to wait, quiet or not. And I don't think Sega is going to take much heat from you complaining on boards that aren't theirs.

Me complaining? What you may precive as that, but I'm not I have not paid them a red cent on this yet.
I'm more of raising a point those that listen, for them it is. For the defenders, I really want to see their reasoning on this.
Really if they actually had cometetion I'd love to see how they'd keep at this. Seriously.
Sonic Team don't need do take heat from me, it's done already.

singogreatest
Nov 8, 2006, 10:55 PM
What I don't like is the common misconception that every one bored was in a hurry
WRONG
im lv40 i Ive been bored since 28
I dont really know how I got to 40. I just kept gaining levels while trying to feed my PM to lv 80
Now I apologize that my goal to evolve my PM(420) was the last step to me having no reason to play the game. sorry.

How was I supposed to know there are only 9 missions and one PM and by playing the missions and evolving the PM I was killiing the game for myself.

Ive met a "complainer" in every party ive been in with vc

Do you know what everyone is doing??
They are preparing.

You happy people are just going to be left in the dust when every lv50 with 100k buys the weopons and expert classes and photon arts and PSU will be so easy for them they'll be at 75 in a week. THEN ,my friends, you'll be thinking what was the point of Sega holding them back.

Then you'll realize it's the money

PS ive solod and partied all over Neudaiz a/b/c. Im tired of that too
Ever think the reason noone plays it is because itz not fun!! Now if it had better level/enemy design you'd have a point.

PSAgain:I payed 70 buck for this crap now I have nothing to play and a tight budget. Solve my budget prob and i'll stop "complaining"

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 10:59 PM
ok name a game that has less content then this game at luanch.

doing the same ten missions over and oevr again is not fun

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 8, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:53, Kanore wrote:
The final levels to the current max, 50, can be done 4 easy ways: De Ragan A, Relics A, Temple B, and Temple A. That's not restricted at all.

49 to 50 is a very very long level, and even if there is four options you have to runthem a mind numbing amount of times just to break that single level. The lack of being able to obtain noteable rares (lotsa synth pieces that are currently useless dont feel liek rares) makes this longer, as nothing can be hoped ofr while running one of these/all of these places time and agian day long, running them with nothing to hope to get along the way makes it much less rewarding.

The problem however is not "49-50" but rather that 15-50, you are running the same missions over and over, and its not many missions if you count all those levels.

mind you, Im not th eone complaining about lack of content, though I would really like more I can amuse myself in other ways in the meantime, its not like I need to be on psu 24/7 theres other things in life.

EDIT: another important note though. "You play too much" isnt a viable way to invalidate someones argument. on ALL online games, ESPECIALLY online games, it is a known fact, there will be MANY powergamers, and people who wills it on it near 24/7 and blaze through content. With it being a known fact, it is often better to prepare for it. They will eb there regardless of what anyone says, they are in all agems, they always will be, you cant make an MMO and not expect it. With that said, holding content off too long would be a mistake on ST's part.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-08 20:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-08 20:07 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 8, 2006, 11:16 PM
Hmm.. The only real complaint is the fact that we never got a Halloween Event, and there aren't quests. The other stuff, like the new clothes, planet, etc, I'd be fine waiting for. However, the fact that we lost out on an event that we now have to wait a whole year for, and can't do anything but grind, irritates me. Quests, at least had some replayability. With how it is now, it's just like playing Offline PSO, with a full party.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 8, 2006, 11:18 PM
[b]With how it is now, it's just like playing Offline PSO, with a full party.

and no real rares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BydoEmpire
Nov 8, 2006, 11:41 PM
Because playing the same missions over and over and over, with the exact same dungeon layout over and over and over is getting a little old. Another week or so of the same levels over and over and over and I will start tiring of the grind. PSO's random dungeons kept things constantly fresh. Finish one, and it's on to the next, never the same thing twice. PSO also had dozens of quests, and while they weren't complex, they were at least a little bit more than "kill all the monsters." For me, it has nothing to do with level caps, it has to do with what I'm doing WHILE I'm levelling up. Don't get me wrong, the game is a blast, and I'll have long since gotten my money's worth by the time my first 45 days expires. But if the game is going to KEEP me interested enough to pay for another month, they're going to have to add more content quick.

Ecstasy
Nov 8, 2006, 11:56 PM
This game is going down the toilet fast, everyday there seems to be more, and more unhappy costumers. I really really hope vanguard comes out by christmas. i thought PSU could keep me going a few months, ut it only last about 12 days for me.

UltraDeeDer
Nov 8, 2006, 11:58 PM
Well, people still waiting for PSU should have a nice supply of new content from the threesiddy beta by the time we pick it up. But i agree it is restricted.

Thinking about it i wonder if sonic team will actually get their content out before it is released here. Scary thought.

Xbob
Nov 9, 2006, 02:05 AM
In PSO Ver. 1 days we had four areas. Forest, Caves, Mines and Ruins. And no one likes Caves. No one did "quests" at this time either. We lived and we loved. You guys are pathetic.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 9, 2006, 02:10 AM
On 2006-11-08 23:05, Xbob wrote:
In PSO Ver. 1 days we had four areas. Forest, Caves, Mines and Ruins. And no one likes Caves. No one did "quests" at this time either. We lived and we loved. You guys are pathetic.

it also had real rares and a faster leveling speed, as well as less "single-minded" characters. what I meant by the previous comment, was they werent the sole focus of one thing. Hunters swing. Rangers shoot. Forces cast. in pso you could also do casting, shooting etc. at least semi well with the other classes, expert classes will fix that though.

Fuss
Nov 9, 2006, 02:13 AM
On 2006-11-08 18:58, Flamingo99 wrote:
Yes there are more updates comming our way so we grow impatient... and we are spoiled americans want everything now and we want to have the same content Japan has now

and somebodyDeeDer wrote:
Thinking about it i wonder if sonic team will actually get their content out before it is released here. Scary thought.

actually everyone in japan and the USA has had all the content since the day they bought the disk, they just arent allowed to play it yet. There will never actually be an actual update with content on PSU until the next disk is released. All they are going to do is let us download a patch to unlock content that we have always had, and have very minor downloadable patches to fix things that have nothing to do with content. (i.e. stuff to stop hacks)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-08 23:21 ]</font>

Ryoga4523
Nov 9, 2006, 02:22 AM
This thread has actually made me upset with ST. I thought I was ok with the current situation with PSU, but I realized that we are being jipped Especially if the content is already on the DANG cd!!!!

SonicTMP
Nov 9, 2006, 02:23 AM

And how many people do the nudaiz maps? About as many as did caves normally. Course we also had more monsters in PSO, 3 real difficulty levels, full set of techs, no level cap. More than 5 minute boss runs where the bosses actually dropped decent rares. Had access to all weapons. lots of cool looking mags that helped stats and did various things in battle and didn't take up a player slot.

Odd how PSU's predecessor had more going for it than PSU does at it's release.

BlueFire2k5
Nov 9, 2006, 02:40 AM
On 2006-11-08 23:23, SonicTMP wrote:

And how many people do the nudaiz maps? About as many as did caves normally. Course we also had more monsters in PSO, 3 real difficulty levels, full set of techs, no level cap. More than 5 minute boss runs where the bosses actually dropped decent rares. Had access to all weapons. lots of cool looking mags that helped stats and did various things in battle and didn't take up a player slot.

Odd how PSU's predecessor had more going for it than PSU does at it's release.

Amen. I don't think I could have said it better myself.

ShagsterP
Nov 9, 2006, 02:54 AM
Honestly, I don't think it's the need for fresh content that's getting everybody upset, but the fact that the game feels incomplete upon release. Not a single Guardian mission? An entire planet off limits? And there's clothing on NPCs that we can't even get access to, even though they're structured the same as actual player characters.

Luckily, I'm not a hardcore player. I'm not casual, either. More of a moderate in between-er with multiple alternative goals to simple level grinding. But even for me, I see this wearing thin. Especially with Sega of America failing to give us any sort of update or maintenance chart on their plans. Hell, their official blog's last entry is still about Photon Arts and how amazing they are...

Stryfe1
Nov 9, 2006, 02:59 AM
Well, people need to be more patient, we're only a couple of weeks in, but as soon as they start letting us play with the content that isn't accessible yet, people will start changing their mind about this game. It's a business strategy more than an update strategy if you ask me.

They don't wan't to give you the whole enchilada at one time, they have to make this game last for the next few years before they release another update disk with more planets and what not.

AnamanaAU
Nov 9, 2006, 03:01 AM
Personaly, I'm sick of retards like AkiraXxx whining about the lack of content. It's not like we're missing out on anything, we're on the same schedule of japan. Sure, I'd like to see more, but complaining like a spoilt 13 year old isn't going to make it come out any faster. Comparing it to other games releases is just pointless and a waste of text.

mogshaz
Nov 9, 2006, 03:07 AM
Sprry to say this guys but i am on the side of the whiney gripers who want more content. Straight out of the box this game doesn't have even have quests, a staple of the dungeon crawler RPG diet. The original Dioabloe had more content than this game. Saving all the nifty character classes and items for later is just p'sing people off and with good reason. Now don't get me wrong over the last two weeks i have logged more than my moneys wirth of gaming hours, but its not understandable that people expect a little more from Sega.

AkiraXxx
Nov 9, 2006, 03:15 AM
On 2006-11-09 00:01, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Personaly, I'm sick of retards like AkiraXxx whining about the lack of content. It's not like we're missing out on anything, we're on the same schedule of japan. Sure, I'd like to see more, but complaining like a spoilt 13 year old isn't going to make it come out any faster. Comparing it to other games releases is just pointless and a waste of text.

Quiet franky im tired of you sucking d**k, so keep my name out of your mouth you stupid bitch. Post are a waste of text, and your breath is a waste of life, go jump in front of a duece.

Edit: nevermind just saw your rl pic. I lol at you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-09 00:17 ]</font>

A2K
Nov 9, 2006, 03:19 AM
And with that this thread comes to its end. Not a moment too soon, either.