PDA

View Full Version : Gender stat comparisons.

Retlaf
Nov 9, 2006, 05:59 PM
It _seems_ like males got shafted, here. I made new level 1 characters, and I found that females have higher stats in all the following areas:
ATA
TP
EVP
MST
STA

while males only had higher HP and ATP... however DFP was 5 for both, so I'll assume it's in the favor of males.

Thoughts on the matter? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Nov 9, 2006, 06:01 PM
Just a 5% difference which amounts to nothing when you factor in gear.

Read this. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119181&forum=22&39)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-09 15:02 ]</font>

Zakuro
Nov 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
Males actually have more ATA, although it may be different at level 1. Personally I think they should have given females more ATA since how it is now females are slightly better at heavy tech users while males are better at everything else. At least if females had more ATA it would split the remaining on those who prefer bigger hits or better accuracy.

In the long run though it probably won't even be all that noticable since the difference is only 5%.

Retlaf
Nov 9, 2006, 10:37 PM
Oh, and if it makes any difference, I only used Newman Forces for this comparison.

Tycho
Nov 10, 2006, 01:16 AM
o_O Someone prove the 5% thing to me, because it most certainly doesn't necessarily hold.

Itsuki
Nov 10, 2006, 03:50 AM
The gender part was a little up in the air when I originally did the stats. There was a visible difference in the stats. Those certain stats were always lower in those areas and higher in those areas regardless of level. But I didn't have very many high level people that were of the same race but different gender when I originally did the comparisons, so the 5% was a rough estimate. Basically, there was anywhere from like a 3% to a 6% difference. My numbers for this were I believe a bunch of level 10s and level 5s, so they were small numbers and inaccurate.

But regardless of the accuracy, the point of the matter was that the difference was small and in practice, unnoticable.

EDIT: Actual numbers:
HP: 96%, s = .95%
ATP: 95%, s = 1.17%
ATA: 97%, s = 3%
* low numbers, hard to get differnces, as noted by the high standard deviation

TAP: 104%, s = 3.38%
DEF: 101%, s = 1.87%
EVA: 106%, s = 2.6%
* All of these had rather low numbers, def is almost incomparably low at level 5. But it was visibly higher, so I assumed it'd follow the trend which appeard to be "roughly 5% difference"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-10 01:13 ]</font>

Tycho
Nov 10, 2006, 11:25 AM
I've looked into this, but the gender differences aren't this simple at all. The differences are differ by race and stat. Another matter that complicates things are class level bonuses, which also differ by race. Making any conclusions at this point is nearly undoable.

Furthermore, there is another aspect that influences things that I have never seen anyone mention before:

Newmans, Casts and Beasts not always use the same 'stat modifiers'. They each have a "favored class" out of the basic ones (Force, Ranger and Hunter respectively), for which their stats are actually slightly higher than they would normally be.

Itsuki
Nov 10, 2006, 02:11 PM
Class level bonuses are different by Race? This is the first I've heard of this. And those original 3, my numbers were pretty damn accurate. If you had someone of the same gender same level, you could pretty much rattle off what their stats would be for a certain class at class level 1 and be within a point or two.

For genders I can see it. But for genders I can still say:
ALL Females have less ATP, ATA, and HP. And ALL have more TAP and EVA, and equal or more in DEF.

The amount may be up in the air.

There were a few other things I could say though: Offline, race appeared to effect class levels. Newmans infact appeared to excel as both rangers and forces offline for example. With her growth rates higher than that of humans. But I never dug into it because I personally didn't care about offline stats all that much, I was only examining them to see how different they were from online stats.

But if you want to dig through my numbers:
ATP: Newman Males and Cast Males had the lowest multipliers. I assumed anomally. My newman male stats had less the lowest number of people to base the numbers off of (2 instead of 3+). As for casts, I assumed something just screwed up on my numbers because durakkens numbers held up to proper ratios.

ATA: Lowest number was beast females for rangers, but it was still within 2 standard deviations.

TAP: This one was a bit weird. Highest standard deviation of the bunch. If you break it down, for my numbers, humans and beasts appeared to have lower multipliers. But what really made it weird was the fact that casts had the highest. Does this mean casts excel as forces? Dear god I hope not. I assumed it was because there was such a difference in the raw numbers.

DEF and EVA: Nothing statistically different or noteworthy.

MST: Nothing particularly noteworthy.

Basically: Online, I found no visible difference on race or gender. If there is a difference, it is a very small and unnoticable difference. The fact that famitsu ended up releasing very similar findings to mine (only mostly for extended classes) only concreted my beliefs.