PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3, new trailer

Sord
Nov 9, 2006, 10:34 PM
just watch, watch, and discuss [/fanboy speechlessness]semi- http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spiderman3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2006-11-09 19:45 ]</font>

Hrigg
Nov 9, 2006, 10:42 PM
I wanna see it.

NOW.

;o

Moo2u
Nov 9, 2006, 11:39 PM
....my awesome senses are tingling.

Schubalts
Nov 10, 2006, 01:40 AM
*sniff* Is that MOTHER******* VENOM I smell in Spiderman 4?! Anyway, they totally screwed my theory about Spiderman 3 featuring the Lizard! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I wanna see him, dagummit!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 10, 2006, 02:32 AM
On 2006-11-09 22:40, Schubalts wrote:
*sniff* Is that MOTHER******* VENOM I smell in Spiderman 4?! Anyway, they totally screwed my theory about Spiderman 3 featuring the Lizard! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I wanna see him, dagummit!

Well there's the imdb cast list with that skinny kid from That 70's Show as Eddie Brock/Venom:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/

The man is skinnier than Tobey Maguire!

And yeah, good trailer.

Pushing Sandman's face into the train near the end is lol.

Sord
Nov 10, 2006, 03:31 AM
well, now that I've actually calmed down on the subject I suppose I'll post about it. I was getting ready to watch the new southpark commericial, and then silver lettering on black pops up "World Premier: Spiderman 3 Trailer" or something like that. At first I was like, okay, cool, I hope they have Venom, they said they would have Venom, the teaser emplied it... DAMNIT!, why is sandman here, I wanted Venom damnit, VENOM! And then it showed the parasite taking Peter over, and my mind just froze. That is a pretty hard thing to do to me, half the time it takes me an hour to fall asleep without any movement simply because my brain won't shut up. A few seconds after the commercial my mind just kinda did a mental yell of "YEEEEEEEEES, FINALLY, VENOOOOM!!!!" I noted that it said iFilms was playing the thing and decided I would post it after Southpark. Saw the commercial again while channel surfing during commercials, watched it. After south park went on to iFilms, watched it again then posted. Then proceeded to watch it another two times. I have also just watched it again before posting.

Frankly, I couldn't give a rat's ass about peter parker, hobgoblin, mary jane, or whoever else. I do, however, very much like Venom. I was actually rather annoyed when the first movie didn't have him, and truly pissed that the second one didn't either. Now they are finally starting it up, but god damn did it take them long enough to finally do it.

Hell, maybe they'll even have Carnage and a few other of the offspring in 4 (or 5 if it gets that far.) Granted, that's probably asking for to much, but hey, I'll never know until it happens.

So yeah, turns out I am a Venom fanboy >_>

Shattered_weasel
Nov 10, 2006, 04:25 AM
On 2006-11-10 00:31, Sord wrote:

Hell, maybe they'll even have Carnage and a few other of the offspring in 4 (or 5 if it gets that far.) Granted, that's probably asking for to much, but hey, I'll never know until it happens.

If they EVER and I mean ever do this I will personaly kick Sam Raimi in the balls and call that the jumping of the shark point.

I have always hated Venom and any of his stories after his first arc. A pitiful one diminsional character that writers had no idea how to use. Carnage at least stuck to his roots (does not make him any better of a character).

Now all thanks to the movie they went and retconned Eddie Brock's death (Again a really shitty story). That means if they do some how fit Carnage in any of the movies they would more than likely "fix" his "death". Which would make an unhappy weasel.

As for the trailer. I am happy to see everything else. I do care about Sandman and how close to his original appearance he is (It is funny that they are retconning who the original Uncle Ben killer was). I do care about the interaction between Aunt May vs. Angst Peter and Mary Jane vs. Angst Peter and Angst Peter vs. Peter Peter. These are things I want to see. As for Goblin...eh...meh...ugh...We can all hope it will turn out decent.

kurisu1974
Nov 10, 2006, 04:45 AM
wow, just wow. I'm defenitly going to see it.

SubstanceD
Nov 11, 2006, 06:18 PM
Very impressive trailor. Much better than the first ( and I liked that one as well ).

I wasn't very enthusiastic when I heard that Spiderman 3 was going to feature 3 villains since I feel that 3 Villains in 1 movie is too much. I have always been a Venom fan so I want him in the movie. I also get the fact that Harry Osborne still has un-resolved issues with Spiderman/Peter Parker and now that he has stumbled upon the Green Goblin's arsenal of weapons he will be tempted to use them. Up untill now my main problem has been the inclusion of Sandman in the film, both Osborne and Venom have a personal connection to Parker, Sandman is just some guy who shows up to get his but kicked. Having said that, Sandman was defenetly the highlight of the new trailor. I might not think the charcter has depth but he defenetly looks like he will kick ass and steal the film. As for Venom, judging from the trailor, I would not be surprised if we don't properly see Venom untill Spiderman 4. It seems more like they are planting the seeds for his arrival in Spiderman 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2006-11-11 15:19 ]</font>

Sord
Nov 11, 2006, 07:46 PM
[b]On 2006-11-10 01:25, Shattered_weasel wrote(It is funny that they are retconning who the original Uncle Ben killer was)

actually, from looking at just the trailer, I'm wondering if the government or police or what ever might actually know who spiderman is, and actually tell Peter this so he would go after him with out much regard as to the guys background.

When the trailer opens, we see Sandman running away and then getting his powers. In the comics, as far as I can gather, Sandman acidently stumbled into some radioactive sand in some generator or something. However, when the trailer shows it, it looks more to me like he is undergoing some experiment (and not to happy about being the test subject.) I mean, how do you accidently trigger a machine to do that? Or why would someone or something trigger it in the first place, or if it was abandoned and shut down why is it still running? Wouldn't the place at least look dangerous enought for the guy to be on guard when he went in?

Also, when in the subway Spiderman asks sandman if he remembers Ben Parker, the man looks confused, and actually a little scared if I may so so. Granted, I know he's a criminal and probably has done a lot of things, but still, he just seems really confused and afraid.

Basically the theory comes down to this:

Criminal escapes

ends up running into the particle physics lab and they figure, hey he's a criminal, use him as an experiment

experiment backfires and man gets superpowers, he escapes and goes on the run

well, now we have a supervillain, and who better to fight a supervillain then a superhero, so the governemnt actually tricks peter (knowing that he's spiderman) to go after him with enough reason and hate to kill the guy for them. And since the government doesn't stick their hand in, no one gets to suspicious about them.

heck, osbourne may even be in on it, they tested governemnt weapons in the past, maybe the lab was owned or once owned by them. So either way he ends, one of them will end up defeated or dead.

granted, yes, this is mostly speculation based on very little data, but that's how theory goes sometimes.

Also, regarding people finding out spiderman's identity, for those that sat "never, that practically a taboo of vigilante heros!" yeah well, considering today's modern forensics, I find it unlikely that Spiderman could hide from a government backed forensics team. I mean, he swings from place to place by a web and releases each strand. In reality, it probably wounldn't be that hard for professional investigators to follow it and conclude that areas that contain the most web are areas where spiderman commonly is (for example swinging out of his job's building all the time or something.) Then, run a check on people who are always there (for example employees of the building.) A genetics test on peter parker's blood would probably raise quite a few questions. I'm sure something in there would look a bit abnormal. I think osbourne (as in the company) may have got some blood as well, though I might be mixing that with memories of the video game. If it was in the movie, compare a genetics test results to the sample osbourn corp had and one taken from a blood sample at peter's latest check-up and voila, "Holy shit spiderman!" If not a blood sample from ossbourn corp, then one taken from a fight spiderman was in, or even hair sample collected. I mean, come on, you can't wash a suit THAT well.

either way, it still seems far fetched, but hey, it is a movie, you never know what kind of rewriting they are going to do.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 11, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-11-11 16:46, Sord wrote:

Also, regarding people finding out spiderman's identity, for those that sat "never, that practically a taboo of vigilante heros!" yeah well, considering today's modern forensics, I find it unlikely that Spiderman could hide from a government backed forensics team. I mean, he swings from place to place by a web and releases each strand. In reality, it probably wounldn't be that hard for professional investigators to follow it and conclude that areas that contain the most web are areas where spiderman commonly is (for example swinging out of his job's building all the time or something.) Then, run a check on people who are always there (for example employees of the building.) A genetics test on peter parker's blood would probably raise quite a few questions. I'm sure something in there would look a bit abnormal. I think osbourne (as in the company) may have got some blood as well, though I might be mixing that with memories of the video game. If it was in the movie, compare a genetics test results to the sample osbourn corp had and one taken from a blood sample at peter's latest check-up and voila, "Holy shit spiderman!" If not a blood sample from ossbourn corp, then one taken from a fight spiderman was in, or even hair sample collected. I mean, come on, you can't wash a suit THAT well.

A few things about what you said.

1. In the comics Spider-man's ID is public knowledge.
2. Webbing dissolves in about an hour.
3. Higher ups did know his ID before he went public.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
Heh normal people know now? Miss a lot when you stop reading comics for almost 10 years, eh?

Sord
Nov 12, 2006, 02:16 AM
On 2006-11-11 19:15, Shattered_weasel wrote:

On 2006-11-11 16:46, Sord wrote:

A few things about what you said.

1. In the comics Spider-man's ID is public knowledge.
2. Webbing dissolves in about an hour.
3. Higher ups did know his ID before he went public.

well then, that seems to add more credability to the idea then. Though, regardless of if the comics make it a fact, I find it unlikely in the real world a thread that can hold people over the ground or lift large metal objects would dissolve in an hour. Actual spider web is ten times as strong as steel, the problem is it is so damn flexable it won't support anything or stop a bullet before it goes through you. I guess since he is human he might use a diffrent form of protein synthesis, I've never really done an advanced study in spider webs and I doubt there is any on a human doing it, so meh to that regardless. Maybe moisture would have something to do with it, that seems feasable I suppose.

Schubalts
Nov 12, 2006, 07:03 PM
Well, in the comics(before, not sure about now) Peter made the web fluid in a lab. While in the movies, his body produces it.

Blenjar
Nov 12, 2006, 08:56 PM
=]

-- Blen

Shattered_weasel
Nov 12, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-11-12 16:03, Schubalts wrote:
Well, in the comics(before, not sure about now) Peter made the web fluid in a lab. While in the movies, his body produces it.

Ever since Dissembled he has been able to use it like in the movies.