PDA

View Full Version : Why do the PMs AI suck so much?

Urahara
Nov 10, 2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah so i've heard regardless of what pm, they do hit pretty hard and can tank but their AI is complete shit just like the npcs you get. takes forever to start attacking and only does it up close.

Bit dissapointed was hoping they had a much larger aggro range and just sticks to one weapon and spams PA often.

Dire
Nov 10, 2006, 02:25 AM
PM AI significantly improves as you level up it's battle level. I would assume, but am not sure, that the engagement radius also improves as it levels up.

Urahara
Nov 10, 2006, 02:36 AM
I've heard that, but have a friend with a PM near lvl 20 combat lvl and it still blows.

Mazoku
Nov 10, 2006, 02:55 AM
My GH-450 is at level 8 right now and I've definitely noticed a dramatic improvement since I first got it.

Reeve
Nov 10, 2006, 04:22 PM
i wish there was some way to heal them other than star atomisers,maybe a special item or something, sucks being a hunter trying to solo b rank missions in neudiaz using NPC's.
i think im gonna have to stick to the repetition of sleeping warriors (i wouldnt dare bring them to a true boss battle) they dont seem to get messed up too bad there

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reeve on 2006-11-10 13:24 ]</font>

Xihyon
Nov 10, 2006, 06:14 PM
lol are they even worth getting?

VanHalen
Nov 10, 2006, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5AOS9Tx2U

i think this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBKKvIjEMVQ
and this should answer you

Chaobo99
Nov 11, 2006, 11:36 PM
On my first run with BT lv.1...my GH-430 did'nt bother doing anything...at lvl.3 she started actually shooting alot and at lv.5, she shot at one monster repeatedly..at lv.10 she fought like she was not an NPC.with more lvling, she'll be an army of one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mazoku
Nov 12, 2006, 06:59 PM
I just wanted to update my thoughts on this.

My GH-450 that I have on my hunter is awesome. She's super useful. She's combat level 9 now. She heals a ton and she'll stand by herself soloing monsters. Sometimes on bosses I wish she wouldn't attack so much, she worries me by being so focused on attacking and waits too long to heal herself.

I just got a GH-420 on my force a couple days ago. So far she's been very stupid. She usually won't leave within a radius of 3 feet of me. If she does go attack something, she'll usually run back to my side before its dead. She is only combat level 3 right now so I'm hoping maybe she'll improve...?

EJ
Nov 12, 2006, 08:55 PM
My GH-420 is combat lvl 15 and it just goes out and start killing stuff, sometimes it worries me since she may kill them before I get to tag ;3

roygbiv
Nov 12, 2006, 09:28 PM
So one idea is that the combat level might affect the attack radius? Is that one thing that people are seeing? Ugh... It seems impossible to notice any difference between lvl 1 and higher levels.

EJ how far away will she get from you when she is attacking? One thing I am not digging with the 410 is that she really does try to stick by your side as much as possible... and this blows as a force since ideally I am trying to run away/ avoid stuff and she comes skipping along trying to catch up instead of beating stuff...

pso123hrf
Nov 12, 2006, 10:20 PM
The video againts the dragon C run with the PM turned me on so badly! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EASY RUNS FOR MY FORCE!

VanHalen
Nov 12, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-11-12 19:20, pso123hrf wrote:
The video againts the dragon C run with the PM turned me on so badly! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EASY RUNS FOR MY FORCE!

hot loli fighting action lol

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 13, 2006, 12:30 AM
whats a good way to lvl there combat up? I hear its from points at the end of a mission. But every time I have seen sombody with there PM in combat they had to boot them before the end of the run for party member space wich means no xp for them.

Im a force and raising a 410, so it would be great to have a tank, I can heal her and everything but since I keep so much distance between me and the mobs most of the time, it means she wont attack :/

When I solo Relic C or somthing I get right up in the mix because I take almost no damage, but I woulnt even want my PM around so that I can control the mobs agro and get them all in 1 spot to blow up with my techs, with people or even an npc around landing techs and especially big techs is much harder since mobs move in diffrent directions or get pushed around.

Realmz
Nov 13, 2006, 12:54 AM
PM's gain battle levels from mission ranks along an S nets them like 1/4th of the bar

mission difficulty doesn't matter, nor does the number of monsters they tag.

just run colony c ranks over and over and you'll have a supper fighting lolibot in no time

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 13, 2006, 01:02 AM
oh cool, i solo relic C alot for PM food money and to lvl my techs, thought the # of points matters if it doesnt them im set.

I will probably be lvl 35ish by the time she is lvl 80 and ready to play so a relic C will take me all of 10 or 15 mintues by then if I am using killing techs and not lvling my weak ones.

That makes me happy.