PDA

View Full Version : PC tweaking..for PSU.

Mystil
Nov 10, 2006, 02:59 AM
Except for my PC being .30 below the recommended Ghz specs, there's no problems with it handling rendering. I have GeForce FX 5500(I do not have a PCI-e slot). In the battle field my character runs about 1.5x slower than on the PS2. I've set all my settings to halfway to far on the clipping, and I have it at normal settings.

Wanting to know what some of you did to get satisfactory speed or something.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 10, 2006, 03:27 AM
There was a thread earlier which stated that, if you're running windowed mode, forcing Vsync off helps boost framerate. My trick with getting a framerate boost is by using the self-controllable camera and aiming it at the ground while moving from place to place, and using prior knowledge and the map as a guide. It really bites, and it's not quite ideal but it's how I get by until us lower end card users finally can either A: afford a new card or B: Hope for some truely badass drivers.

Ocin
Nov 10, 2006, 03:44 AM
I set it to low end, and then set it even lower. Just keep on setting things lower until it runs full speed.

-Ryuki-
Nov 10, 2006, 04:36 AM
Set your resolution to 640x480, and then put your graphics at "Low End". You should be running as fast as me, because I'm on a 6200 that isn't much different.

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 04:43 AM
This helped me. Right click my computer, then go to properties, then advanced, then performance settings, then advanced, at the bottom virtual memory, click change,

Then you should see a drive and it will have a range. Ex 2000-6019

Click custome size, on initial size, change it to the max it can go, which is the second number, so both maximum and minimum size should be the same. Click "set", then ok, and restart your comp. For me made everything run much faster and smoother.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 10, 2006, 04:44 AM
Turn off post effects if the lag really is that bad, it will greatly increase frame rate but it turns off the weapon glows. CHeck out this thread, it pretty much fixed my PSU from constant lag to NONE AT ALL. http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=game-gen&message.id=55416

m477z0r
Nov 10, 2006, 04:44 AM
Set frameskip to three. You'll notice a huge difference. Also have your processor handle motion calculation (I think that's on by default if you set it to low end. Set all of the LODs to one. And make sure that "wait for vsync" is unchecked (not an option if you play windowed).

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 10, 2006, 04:52 AM
LOD to one is bad lol, meaning u will only see 1 person besides you in cities XD buffer 0 is ok though. Frame skip 3 looks so bad :/ 1 looks normal but after 2 it gets meh.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 10, 2006, 04:54 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:52, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
LOD to one is bad lol, meaning u will only see 1 person besides you in cities XD buffer 0 is ok though. Frame skip 3 looks so bad :/ 1 looks normal but after 2 it gets meh.

Yeah, the frame skip option is nice but in the end it just makes the game look goofy instead of slow. I guess some like the tradeoff, but I don't find it acceptable.

-Ryuki-
Nov 10, 2006, 05:15 AM
Then the REAL solution to this, is to get a new graphics card.

..Still mad that my X1600 XT fried. I didn't even get warranty on it, and it was a month old.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 10, 2006, 05:17 AM
On 2006-11-10 02:15, RyukiZero wrote:

..Still mad that my X1600 XT fried. I didn't even get warranty on it, and it was a month old.

Ouch man. That's a pain in the wallet right there.

Oyako
Nov 10, 2006, 05:22 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:44, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
CHeck out this thread, it pretty much fixed my PSU from constant lag to NONE AT ALL. http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=game-gen&message.id=55416

^---- That helped big time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Nov 10, 2006, 05:49 AM
has a geforce4 420 Go 32MB.

newest drivers,
frameskip:3,
all settings (LoD, range, etc) to lowest possible,
additional effects off,
bgm off,
window mode 640p

runs ok for me.
tho i'm waiting for the ps2 ver to have it with music...

Mystil
Nov 10, 2006, 12:29 PM
@_@ lots of suggestions, and I'm going to try them all. Thanks everyone.