PDA

View Full Version : Broomop Hacking (Video Proof) where do i report this?

Fazeshot
Nov 10, 2006, 04:09 AM
Ok maintenence got over so i walk up in universe 01 and see a bunch of AFK people saying I'm G4Y broomop owns me over and over so and saw some people saying broomop make me talk so i figured i'de join in and low and behold he was making my character talk.. now I use to hack but now I just flat out can't stand it.. Where do i report this fag? i got video proof I will post it here in a second when its done uploading.

VIDEO EVIDENCE PROOF LINK HERE!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Q4XSCW3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-11-10 01:17 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 04:11 AM
I too would like to know how you report people. I don't see any sort of interface in the game itself for doing it, but people say there is an active GM team. How on earth do you call them up?

As for this issue, are you sure it wasn't another person named after you to mess with your head?

Fazeshot
Nov 10, 2006, 04:12 AM
Im positive I will post the video here in a second he was also making bubbles with no color around them off in the distance with no name in them and the bubble wasnt attached to any characters

also i know it wasnt a duplicate of my character cuz the text was overwriting the text I was typing and the bubble was attached to my characters name with the same color text

The characters name was

Orlando Saint Broom if u go to uni 1 guardians colony 4th floor by linear line he's probobly still sitting there doing it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-11-10 01:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-11-10 01:14 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 04:15 AM
Floating bubbles and squares of text without a line to the author is fairly common for me when people spam crap. Even the most recent one on screen doesn't trace a line to the one doing it. No name is ever present either... of course, everybody who idles in the AMF Field Base on Parum sees this like, everyday.

It was a hack? I didn't know that. >.>

Fazeshot
Nov 10, 2006, 04:18 AM
Videos there watch now u can clearly see everyone freaking out about him making them type

I can't really explain whats going on just look I tried my best to prove it was him

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-11-10 01:19 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 04:24 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:09, Fazeshot wrote:
Ok maintenence got over so i walk up in universe 01 and see a bunch of AFK people saying I'm G4Y broomop owns me over and over so and saw some people saying broomop make me talk so i figured i'de join in and low and behold he was making my character talk.. now I use to hack but now I just flat out can't stand it.. Where do i report this fag? i got video proof I will post it here in a second when its done uploading.

VIDEO EVIDENCE PROOF LINK HERE!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Q4XSCW3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-11-10 01:17 ]</font>

LOL idiot is censored out?

I mean. Yeah. Report him I suppose. Sage for ventrillo commentary though.

Ether
Nov 10, 2006, 04:30 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:24, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Sage for ventrillo commentary though.

The 4chan assimilation is complete

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 10, 2006, 04:38 AM
hopefully i can get a free gigaline soon then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2006-11-10 01:38 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 04:39 AM
Well with that said. Once he does start hacking meseta and items, I wonder if the fanboys will complain about him hacking instead of complaining about the people complaining about the content lock.

Eli_Leviathan
Nov 10, 2006, 05:03 AM
haha lets hope so.....we need more reasons to be pissed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 10, 2006, 05:08 AM
anyway here is where u report it, umm its already known about him but you have video proof instead of just words.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 05:16 AM
On 2006-11-10 02:08, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
anyway here is where u report it, umm its already known about him but you have video proof instead of just words.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

I think GMs will need Rapidshare. They can't download from Megaupload. Oh wait, nobody can download from RS either. Hmm... Oh! torrent it! Oh wait, they are banned from most trackers. Hmm. Failsafe: Youtube it. EVERYBODY can use youtube. I've yet to encounter someone who can't use youtube.

Esoteric
Nov 10, 2006, 05:22 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:39, AkiraXxx wrote:
Well with that said. Once he does start hacking meseta and items, I wonder if the fanboys will complain about him hacking instead of complaining about the people complaining about the content lock.

Well, some people would just stop playing.

hollowtip
Nov 10, 2006, 12:32 PM
Doesn't duplicate, FSOD, or hack any of the gameplay mechanisms and therefore, it does not concern me at all.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 10, 2006, 02:45 PM
On 2006-11-10 02:16, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Hmm. Failsafe: Youtube it. EVERYBODY can use youtube. I've yet to encounter someone who can't use youtube.

I can't use it on my Linux box. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On 2006-11-10 09:32, hollowtip wrote:
Doesn't duplicate, FSOD, or hack any of the gameplay mechanisms and therefore, it does not concern me at all.

Ever heard of a "Proof of Concept"? It's the initial demonstration that prooves that a project will work, before the investment is made to finish it. What Broomop has done there, is a Proof of Concept. He has proven that he can circumvent GameGuard, tinker with the client, and cause the server to believe other clients are sending information that they're not. This is especially scary, because this is closely related to PSO's NOL problem.

whiteninja
Nov 11, 2006, 12:00 AM
PSOBB is going to be hack proof.
Quoted for truth.

butzopower
Nov 12, 2006, 04:48 PM
Broom has reversed engineered servers like the Bomberman Online ones. Anything he's doing is much more elaborate than your silly ol' "12 year old" memory editting.

By no means do I appreciate what is happening, but you bringing age into what these guys are doing just makes you look more foolish.

Raine_Loire
Nov 14, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-11-10 09:32, hollowtip wrote:

According to someone who works with Broomop, they have a working dupe code now. In fact, she sold 10 nanocarbons, then said she could switch to her other char to get more if anyone needed them, that char had 300. So I guess it may eventually affect you.

Saphion
Nov 14, 2006, 01:42 PM
Surely you can't carry more than 99 of each synth item per character? In the circumstances, having 300 on one character seems unlikely. Hate to sound like I'm having a go at you (I'm not), but have you any proof?

EDIT: That's what happens in offline mode, anyway. I don't see why network mode would let you carry more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saphion on 2006-11-14 10:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saphion on 2006-11-14 11:04 ]</font>

Gdiz
Nov 14, 2006, 05:28 PM
broom was doing the same thing in raffon fields too, but i fixed it by just Blisting him and you dont get the spam. he was spamming his website over and over and making everyone say it. so ppl were getting pissed at the people he was making spam adn not him, and i was one of those ppl. so it definetly is a big thing to me. and as for him having 300 nanocarbons, you could have 99 in your bank 99 in your inv and 99 in the account bank. just a thought. but ya this hack is complete BS and i dont want him to do more.

Saphion
Nov 14, 2006, 08:11 PM
Couldn't they just get some out of the account bank then instead of switching character?

Raine_Loire
Nov 15, 2006, 12:25 PM
They could have a diff account they dupe with... that account could have 4 chars... those 4 chars could have 99 each and 99 in storage... nanocarbons COULD take over the universe in that case...

No, I don't have proof that Broomops duping code works, except that most people with 10 carbons would list them in their shop for 2 k and make a bit of money instead of selling em for 1.2 or something in Raffon Field. I suppose you could call it a hunch... and 371 seems like a very precise number to make up. Since the drama surrounding hacking is so thick, it IS possible she was making it all up just to make Broomop look good, though.

But the real wrong he is doing is making other chars talk. I'm not a hacker so I don't know how he does it- whether he can do it to anyone or only certain people. You can't blacklist the real problem, though, so blacklisting is pointless. Someone said he has a key stroke recorder on his site so if you go there he can get your account info... I don't know if it is true or not, but people should be careful. Wouldn't it suck to try to log in and find out your account had been banned because he had been using it while you were asleep? He's like an e- mosquito... buzzing around, being annoying... kind of a pointless existance, IMHO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2006-11-16 08:03 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Nov 15, 2006, 12:26 PM
I need to make more paragraphs in my post- It looks like I'm on speed.

T0m
Nov 15, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:26, Raine_Loire wrote:

Use the edit button under your post. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/T0m/editbutton.jpg

Raine_Loire
Nov 16, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-11-15 10:11, T0m wrote:

On 2006-11-15 09:26, Raine_Loire wrote:

Use the edit button under your post. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/T0m/editbutton.jpg

Better, thanks. I wasn't sure which it was.