PDA

View Full Version : Sega should hire broomop

Deja
Nov 10, 2006, 03:16 PM
Why not? Pay him well enough so he turns over his cheating abilities for good. Channel his time (which seems he has a lot of cause he enjoys ruining games) towards preventing hacking instead of being the reason behind it.

This may sound stupid, but seriously, either he makes a nice chunk of change working for Sega, or he continues to hack and not get anything for it but praise from 10 year olds who love cheats. It'll never happen, but the best way to get rid of your enemies is buy them out.

Pure-chan
Nov 10, 2006, 03:17 PM
Or file suit.

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 03:20 PM
Why are you encourging hacking for pay? What's wrong with you guys? Complaing about hacking now trying to give this soul a job? Sega can look at his logs and find out what he's doing and how. It's not that hard. Hackers are there to hack, but only for the time being till they are caught and the hack is fixed.

Realmz
Nov 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
who the what now?

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 03:23 PM
Deja, pay me 1 dollar a month to let me hack your PC and obtain your personal infomation PLZ. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kalier
Nov 10, 2006, 03:25 PM
there are actual legal versions of hacking. Some people get paid to test out software and security by hacking them to see how secure they are.

fireant
Nov 10, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-11-10 12:17, Pure-chan wrote:
Or file suit.

i like this idea

Deja
Nov 10, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hackers get hired all the time. I bet the Navy/Army/Air Force has tons of hackers working for them. You people should know this. If not now you do. It is smart to hire the ones ruining you, if you pay them enough.

Maskim
Nov 10, 2006, 03:34 PM
Yes, some people do get paid to hack programs, and yes, the OP idea could be a solution. It's not a good one though. In any other situation, they don't call that getting a job, or a service, it's called extortion.

You've all seen the movies where the thugs charge the small business owner for 'protection'...from themselves. How is what you're suggesting any different, and just because sometimes companie get so frustrated that they will hire these people, in what way could it be seen as right?

Shadow_Wing
Nov 10, 2006, 03:34 PM
Paying hackers to exploit products isn't something that's all that strange. I know a few contests funded by software security companies who would pay big rewards for a hacker to break their program.

To hire a hacker to work for you isn't something that's all that's strange to me, of course I'm a code junky too but that's besides the point XD.

Deja
Nov 10, 2006, 03:42 PM
I've made four topics and all of them have been moved. I'm starting to dislike this site. On-topic: Broomop is a hacker

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 10, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-11-10 12:20, Ryogen wrote:
Why are you encourging hacking for pay? What's wrong with you guys? Complaing about hacking now trying to give this soul a job? Sega can look at his logs and find out what he's doing and how. It's not that hard. Hackers are there to hack, but only for the time being till they are caught and the hack is fixed.

The idea behind hiring a hacker is so that he can find the hacks before others, and therefore get the issues fixed before they become problems.