PDA

View Full Version : I got 4 Resist/Lights; am I ready to take on Dark Falz Hard

TeddyMan
Nov 19, 2002, 08:31 AM
I'm a HUmar 310 HP 710 ATK (With my Booma Claw+15)

VulpesMundi
Nov 19, 2002, 10:50 AM
Does your armor have any ELT to go with the 20 from the Resist/Lights? You're probably pushing it against Grants, but you will have no trouble surviving Falz's swipe. If you're not willing to risk it yet level up to 43 and then check the armor shop until Resist/Saint appears and pick those up instead. Those are worth 10 ELT each. They don't start to appear in the armor shop until level 43.

Wang_Tang
Nov 19, 2002, 10:50 AM
You should be ready. I guess it all depends on your skill. I like to consider myself as hardcore hehe, and I beat Falz in hard mode at lvl 33 with a HUnewearl with alot less hp than you have, and I think I had like 2 or 3 resist saints maybe... or perhaps a resist holy that I'd found.
at any rate I beat him without dying once. you just have to make sure that you have plenty of "healing power" (resta, mates, and lotsa fluids for resta). also, when he freezes you, and he will, whack that control stick left and right as fast as you possibly can in order to break out and heal before he hits you again.
another thing: when he "steals your soul" in his fourth stage, hit him with weak attacks, or magic attacks like foie, and heal afterwards. also after he steals your soul, he'll cast grants on you, then float down as your soul returns to you, then slash at you. you must make sure to have FULL hp before he slashes you, so you might wanna have some dimates just for that purpose.

good luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wang_Tang
Nov 19, 2002, 10:53 AM
You sure about lvl 43? I was able to buy resist saints since like lvl 30.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 19, 2002, 11:32 AM
Yes... yes you are.

Grants is overrated, you should worry about Falz's physical hits more. Dump the Resist/Light, go with a couple of Resist/Saint or Resist/Holy (hunt them down)

Don't bother using a claw - the battle will take forever. I think a saber (for first part) and a mechgun (for all others) work the best - A handgun would also be good for the final form when the mechgun's range comes up short.

VulpesMundi
Nov 19, 2002, 06:32 PM
On 2002-11-19 07:53, Wang_Tang wrote:
You sure about lvl 43? I was able to buy resist saints since like lvl 30.

Double check and I think you'll find that you were finding Resist/Light instead. Resist/Light begins to appear in the armor shop at level 26. Resist/Saint begins to appear at level 43.

Maelkith
Nov 19, 2002, 07:20 PM
if you go for level 43 then maybe you can find a 4 slot dragon armor which has 20 evade light already.

falz doesnt like mechguns!

merlin
Nov 19, 2002, 07:49 PM
If you're afraid...then you can listen to these guys and pack yerself with saints or holies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Or.....you can screw all that, throw in 4 ogre powers, grab 10 monos, 10 dis, 10 tris, 10 stars, kiss the wife and kids and go in and kick his ass.

I ALSO did VH Falzie with exactly that setup and at not much higher a level.

It DOES depend on how familiar you are with his pattern. If you've done him on DC, you're laughing.

Sedric
Nov 19, 2002, 08:05 PM
You are more than adequate to beat him. Go for it. And laugh at him.