PDA

View Full Version : Extremely slow online loading?

Rageking
Nov 10, 2006, 11:05 PM
I was playing PSU fine, then 2 days ago, I noticed I now load 75% slower on new zones or any change that requires it(like sitting on a bench!),.....even logging in is much slower. It makes the game unplayable waiting 1 minute to enter a shop.

Rest of my internet is fine, blazing fast. Nothing else is experiencing problems.

I haven't added any programs or stuff since then.....I decided to do registry clean/defrag, optimizations, cleared some space up, updated graphic driver, and optimized internet settings.

That didn't work....

So I reinstalled the program....after getting in repeated conlficts with wuauclt.exe, it finanally updated.....

And the problem is still there.....everything loads slower than molasses. Running around and stuff is fine, but loading anything is slow as hell.

It's not hardware, I run this game on max settings and it loads perfectly fast, except now.

xenokai
Nov 11, 2006, 03:37 AM
Wipe ur system and reinstall after backing up all ur data to a dvd best way to clean and restore a pc. also use crap cleaner and adaware and AVG virus scanner to check ur pc (best free prgrams out there)

xenokai
Nov 11, 2006, 03:46 AM
also it sound like you internet is slowing it down do a speed check because your problem sound like my load screens on dial up lol

Rageking
Nov 11, 2006, 12:58 PM
On 2006-11-11 00:37, xenokai wrote:
Wipe ur system and reinstall after backing up all ur data to a dvd best way to clean and restore a pc. also use crap cleaner and adaware and AVG virus scanner to check ur pc (best free prgrams out there)

HELL no.....that's the worst advice I've ever heard....I already did the checking and optimizations for internet use.....also It worked last night after I switched ethernet cables, but this morning it was the same way....torrent files download fast and websites load blazing fast.....it isn't a speed problem.

EDIT: speed test says 2.5mb a second...so it sure as hell ain't that....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rageking on 2006-11-11 10:00 ]</font>