PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Mission: Bruce's Mission Guide (no longer Quick and Dirt

Itsuki
Nov 11, 2006, 06:03 AM
Whats is Bruce's Mission?
Bruce's Mission is the first party mission in PSU. Its timed, and requires a well organized team to be done well. You're required to have atleast 2 people, and can have as many as 5. Bruce himself will actually fill the last spot. There is a 25 minute timer, and the mission ends when you get Bruce to the hologram at the end of the mission.

How do I get there?
Once it is implemented on the US servers (probably january 12th), you can get to it at the guardian headquarters on Moatoob. People can not join mid mission, so it will not allow you to start the mission till all members are at the counter.

Switches and buttons, are you sure this isn't a PSO mission?
On the JP server, theres actually a few missions that have floor buttons and require multiple people to stand on them in order to progress through the mission. But yes, this is a PSU mission.

How do the buttons work?
Although they're similar to PSO, they're not necessarily the same. Just like in PSU, they are circular red buttons on the floor that you are required to step on. But, these buttons are only active while you are on them. If a button opens a gate, it will close the gate as soon as you step off of the button. This is why this mission requires multiple people. There are several places where one person needs to step on a button, while another goes through a gate.

What are the rewards and requirements?
C-rank:
S: 16 cexp, 1600 meseta, C-grinder base - 7 min (18:00 left on clock)
A: 12 cexp, 1200 meseta - 16 min (9:00 left on clock)
B: 8 cexp, 800 meseta

B-rank (Req lv 35+, 45~ monsters):
S: 70 cexp, 7000 meseta, B-grinder base - 15 min (10:00 left on clock)
A: 53 cexp, 5250 meseta - 20 min (5:00 left on clock)
B: 35 cexp, 3500 meseta

A-rank (Req lv 60+, 80~ monsters):
S: 150 cexp, 15000 meseta, A-grinder base - 20 min (5:00 left on clock)
A: 113 cexp, 11250 meseta - 24 min (1:00 left on clock)
B: 75 cexp, 7500 meseta

How do you fail the mission?
The main reason that the mission will fail is if anybody dies. Scapes do not work, and the moment anyone gets down to 0hp, the mission ends for everybody. But, the mission will also end if the leader is switched, leader leaves, party gets disbanded, etc. Basically anything that effects the party layout will result in a mission failed. So if you don't know, just don't do it. Get everything ready before the mission.

Hows the mission broken up?
The mission is two blocks long, and the blocks can be broken up into sort of themes. The first block is more of a team puzzle than anything. There are many places to split up into smaller groups and shave precious seconds off your time. But at the same time, this means if one person is out of synch, the rest of the team is slowed down. But, there aren't very many monsters and the ones there are aren't very deadly. The second block is all about working as a team to kill monsters. The monsters are very deadly, and you can very easily be caught off guard. Only when everyone is doing their role will it be completely reliably.

Why does the green group magically become the red group between steps?
For consistantly sake, I felt that the Red group would always be the group doing things, while the Green group is always the group staying behind. In reality, choosing different people to do different paths may increase or decrease your time depending on the difficulty. I'm only listing what I recommend.

How come I see more buttons and teleporters than you actually list on the map? And where are the boxes?
There are several light switches that have negligable effect on the level, and only light up the room while you're standing on them. Every room where you teleport to, there is another teleport out. And, there are several boxes, but for times sake, nobody ever breaks them unless stray bullets accidentally hit them. All of these situations have negligable effect on the actual play of the level. I'm trying to get you through the mission cleanly, not confuse you by covering the entire map with meaningless symbols.

Where does Bruce's butt kicking powers come from?
From that smashing moustache of his!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/Legend.png

Block 1
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/BruceOverview.png
Because Block 1 your team needs to work like a well oiled machine, I've broken it up into parts.

Step 1:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/BruceM1S1.png
Red Group:
(recommended - 2 people)
Both people head right from the start. A handfull of Rapucha will spawn, but just ignore them. One person head straight for the button, while the other person grabs the key. As soon as the person grabbing the key gets out of the gate, the person on the button can step off. One of these two people can then head back towards the Green group. Ideally speaking, the rapucha will already be attacking the person on the button, so he should stay. You might ask why leave only one person killing the Rapucha, but a handful of Rapucha actually die faster when they're all centered on one person, and the other person is needed more on killing the Vanda and three Cog Nadd in the next room.

Green Group:
(recommended - 3 remainly people)
The rest of the people that did not go towards the key stay at the door and enter the door as soon as the key is obtained.

Step 2:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/BruceM1S2.png
Red Group:
(recommended - 2 people)
A portion of the team heads south towards the teleproters. Bruce will then say a riddle:
front portal - Bruce says nothing
right portal - Bruce asks what hand you hold your saber in.
left portal - Bruce asks what hand you hold your handgun in.
back portal - Bruce says something else.

If you head into the wrong portal you will be teleported back to the start.

After entering the warp there will be a small group of Vanda. Quickly clear them out and grab the key. Then go into the teleporter and it'll bring you back to the start.

Green Group:
(recommended - 3 people)
Once again, the rest of the people remain at the door and as soon as the key is obtained, they enter the door.

Step 3:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/BruceM1S3.png
Everybody:
Everybody heads through the door and down the path. Generally speaking, the 2 that went into riddle portals will be a little behind, and the 3 that stayed behind will be a little ahead. It is recommended, but not required, that the first 3 people ignore the key, and leave that for the second 2, and just head straight for the 4 buttons. If you use your goggles, you will notice that the buttons are color coded exactly as they are on this map.
1st button - Red
2nd button - Yellow
3rd button - Green
4th button - Blue

One may notice this is the same order they appear on the rainbow (ROYGBIV).

Red Group:
(recommended - Of the 3 people that stayed behind, 2 enter the gates, and 1 handles the buttons)
One person will stay behind and handle the buttons while 1 or 2 people go through the gates. For times sake, ideally 2 people will go through gates. After the 3rd gate, one normal Vanda and one Vanda leader will spawn in the gates, while a handful of Rapucha will spawn on the switches. Ignore them all, and instead go for the 4th gate and grab the key first. Once the vanda are cleared, once again go through the 4th gate, and select a teleporter:
If in step 2 you went into the front or right teleporter, then go into the left teleporter.
If in step 2 you went into the left or back teleporter, then go into the right teleporter.

If you select the wrong one, you will be teleported back to where C key was. Either way, after the Vanda are cleared and you head into the teleporter, another group of Vanda will spawn at the buttons. Help clear those monsters, then head towards the CD door.

Green Group:
(recommneded - 2 people that went through the the teleporters in step 2)
The people who get to the buttons last will stay there and help kill the Rapucha. After the Rapucha are gone, the D key will have been obtained, so this group should then immediately head to the door and start clearing the final room of this block.

Block 2
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/BruceOverview2.png
This block is a lot more straight forward and in B rank and above, the group should stay together as a team. The key thing to note is that in most places where monsters spawn in this block, there will be Bil de Vear. And even in B-rank, these can easily one hit a 50+ hunter. In A-rank you're looking at level 81 Bil de Vear leaders, which can best be compared to walking meat grinders.

E-Key - First, just head straight. Some vanda will spawn, kill them, then continue on. There will be a button on the ground and a gate. One person presses the button while the others go through. One of those that go through will press the button behind the gate, and this will allow the last person through. Beware that stalagtite traps will fall on the 2nd button. Clear the Vanda and Bil de Vear, and it will allow you to grab the key. Repeat the previous switch method to get everyone out, and head back towards the beginning. On the way, another group of Vanda will spawn.

After you use the E-key to get through the locked gate, there will be another set of buttons you need to alternate people one. The first person will step on the first button to open the first gate, while atleast one person goes through the gate and presses the left button. You can the press the right button to open the second gate, and have another person go through and press the final button to allow everyone through to the door. As soon as you get through the second gate, a group of Vanda will spawn. But ignore them until the entire party is through the gates. In the next room there will be yet more Vanda and more Bil de Vear.

F-Key - You will then encounter a fork in the road. Head right through the door. As you head down the hall, there will be some stalagtite traps and some Vanda. Clear them then head through the teleporter at the end of the hall. You will be teleported to a small room with a Bil de Vear leader and a large number of Vanda. The Bil de Vear leader can be very dangerous, so handle it with caution. Then grab the key and go through the teleporter which will bring you back to the fork.

G-Key - In the final room you will face the most deadly room in the mission. It starts with a small group of Vanda and a Vanda leader. Once cleared, a group of Vanda and a Bil de Vear will spawn. Once a few of the Vanda are cleared 2 Bil de Vear leaders will spawn with another group of Vanda. Its very possible to have all 3 Bil de Vear out at once. Theres several strategies for this room, such as kiting one Bil de Vear while others kill the other one, or disabling one Bil de Vear while killing the other. Its recommended that all Beasts and Casts save their Nano Blasts and SUVs for these final two Bil de Vear.

The mission will end when Bruce gets to the hologram at the point marked "End".

Speed Running Block 2
C-rank requires a 7 minute run, which just can't be obtained with everyone staying together in Block 2. The Block one directions will work fine, maybe with slight modification depending on your party layout. But for block 2, anywhere you can split up, you need to.

First, after killing the first set of Vanda, 2 (or 3) people should head back to the locked gate and wait for the key. As soon as the key is obtained, they should head through the button section, and head towards the fork. At the fork they can go right through the door and towards the F-Key. The remaining people should catch up and head into clearing the final room. Ideally, bruce should be in this group so he is as close to the end as possible.

Staggering, the double edged sword
The most popular method for dealing with Bil de Vear on A-rank is to stagger the Bil de Vear. There are many ways to do this including certain Nano Blasts, but even normal skills such as Rising Crush (twin sabers) work beautifully. The key idea is that if the Bil de Vear can't do anything, it can't kill you.

But staggering isn't the end all almighty method. I will say its pretty much required to do, but at the same time its dangerous to do. You see, when recovering from stagger, the Bil de Vear has about a 50/50 chance of going into a spin. Ths means by staggering you're actually increasing the chances for it to spin. And if you mess up while staggering, then you might as well consider yourself dead.

Bruce's Mission farming, the double edged sword
Bruce's mission itself is also a sin and a blessing. When looking at it from one angle, it is insane amounts of meseta and class exp when completed. Not only that, but you get free grinders and the drops on A-rank are quite nice. (A decent group of level 50+ people can complete B-rank in about 12 minutes. 12 minutes for 70cexp / 7000meseta, thats just silly)

But at the same time, the mission tends to bring out the worst in people. It even brings out the worst in the japanese. Which means in the American crowd, its bound to result in insults and name calling and people being called "n00bs" for dying to Bil de Vear. But when it comes down to it, everybody is going to die sometimes. But if you want to stay out of the drama, its probably better you stay away from the mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-23 15:42 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 11, 2006, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a fun mission, at least.

Itsuki
Nov 11, 2006, 01:51 PM
Only thing making it not fun right now is the fact that even in B-rank, level 60s can be 1-hit killed. Sad but true. I'm not even high enough to enter A, but I'm almost scared to go in.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
Is this the mission that has Tricktrack (from PSOs spaceship) as BGM?

Itsuki
Nov 11, 2006, 02:47 PM
Yes, it does have tricktrack as the background music.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 02:59 PM
Thats awesome!
Cant wait to play this one!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 13, 2006, 12:37 AM
oh man, somthing kinda like C-Mode of the past.. sure we can learn it from your tutorial on it but trying to relay those instructions to party members in real time will be ahellava chore...

Flunky
Nov 13, 2006, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a very nice change of pace from the standard deal that's around so far, in my opinion.

Of course, it also sounds like the thing a PuG (pick up group) wouldn't be doing as often, heh.

Itsuki
Nov 13, 2006, 01:08 AM
In the more crowded universes, you see people in the moatoob guardian's hq (where the mission is located) looking for parties. There are pick up groups for it, and as long as everyone knows their job and theres decent communication, I don't see too much of an issue.

The real main issue is getting the right assortment of classes. For a good run, you're probably going to need atleast 3 fortefighter/fighgunners and atleast 1 fortecher. The last spot is kind of a wildcard, but will probably be filled by a RA or HU based class since fortechers are a bit of a liability. Yes you need them to heal, but when the big guys can 1-hit level 60 hunters in B-rank, the fortecher has no chance.

AngelLight
Nov 13, 2006, 11:45 AM
I had kind of figured this mission would be another gallon's shop variation, since Bruce sells you stuff in Story mode..but meh no biggie, it's just a Challange Mode thing. That's progress at least.

baladec
Nov 13, 2006, 04:58 PM
I can't wait for this to open up! The regular missions are starting to get a bit stale if you ask me. Has anyone gotten word on when this mission will be available in the US?

(new)
To answer my own question:
Sega has annouced that there will be at least two updates in the US by December 15th. I expect that much more content will be unlocked as many bugs like the sound glitch (skipping music) on the pc version will be updated as well. So now the only question is... can I wait a month?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: baladec on 2006-11-13 15:43 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 02:07 AM
hmm that one hit on a lvl 60 fighter on B rank sounds mean but did you think about a force and there ability to cast deband on themselves and to lower the enemies attack?

I know in the hard parts of PSO like say Ulitmate Ruins, it would make the mobs go from ass raping kill machines to hitting like little girls.

Since last I checked those spells work on %'s the stronger the mob the bigger piece of there power it takes away, so is it not possible a good force who uses there debuffs could be quite safe? Also I almost never get hit as a force in the first place because i stay mobile.

Just curious, I hate the fact that any sort of mission would turn away one class or another I belive it should always be equal.

I think this may be my new mission to go to over and over again depending on loot, the B rank mode has great meseta payouts 5000 for A and 7000 for S and your talking a 15 mintue run, I cant think of any way to make that much money that fast. Could be the fuel I need to build my Mind PM or atleast to afford crafting armor/high weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-13 23:09 ]</font>

Itsuki
Nov 14, 2006, 03:03 AM
Actually, the 1 hitting a level 60 HU is WITH Defbal and Agdeal (Deband and Jellen)..

Lyrise might add to this, but apparently a tactic that worked well for their group was to have multiple HU each with somewhere in the range of 30 sabers and twin sabers on each of the HU. Then just spamming Rising strike/crush to put the bears into perma-stagger. This was on A-rank. Though I imagine something similar would work for B-rank. Everything else in the mission is small fry and can be just burned through.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 04:19 AM
gah, 30 sabers? thats like most of your item inventory and you would have to go add them to your pallet, I would thing 3 or 4 high quality sabers would have more than enough PP to do what you need, or get some photon charges.

I read the nosu spells knock down enemies alot, has that been tried?

Itsuki
Nov 14, 2006, 05:16 AM
These enemies can't be knocked down and have a ton of hp. Apparently the reason why they didn't quite finish the mission is because one of them ran out of PP. (go figure)

We are talking about a LOT of hp here. I'd be inclined to say on B-rank in the 20,000hp range and on A-rank I don't even know but I can only guess bad things. Some of these are also leaders with sword, shield, crown, etc. And there are a lot of them. Probably in the range of 10. They can't be knocked down, only staggerred. If you've been to agata, on B-rank Bruce's, think of each one as an A-rank version of the boss of agata. Only instead of casting spells it does some punches and stuff. Still stuns. And it still has that spin move (which btw, is what kills people). Now make it a leader and double its attack and defence. Its not the most impossible thing to kill, but it is still a beast. Especially in the last 2 little romes. In one you fight 2 at once with like 6 or 8 vanda running around (Vanda are basically Gohmon that shoot digga instead of barta).

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 05:53 AM
wow sounds like fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I like challenges and all so I am up for doing this, definitly gonna do C rank tho, well maybe I can try B I might be lvl 50 by then.

Lyrise
Nov 15, 2006, 02:52 PM
On 2006-11-14 01:19, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
gah, 30 sabers? thats like most of your item inventory and you would have to go add them to your pallet, I would thing 3 or 4 high quality sabers would have more than enough PP to do what you need, or get some photon charges.

I read the nosu spells knock down enemies alot, has that been tried?

The problem is all about the PP in total. 3-4 high quality sabers and photon chargers? Not only would I be running out of PP, it's going to cost me 5k a run...which defeats the purpose of doing this for large profit in short time(I don't need anything extra for B).

Really, the goal is to make sure Bruce stays alive, as well as your teammates. No point in getting the fastest time if anyone gets killed in the last room, hence the giant horde of weapons. I'd say that this mission is what defines every class very well, and that each class has its own part to play; none of that "(insert class here) are the best!" spiel. I can almost guarantee you that you won't be getting S grade with 5 forces, it would either take too long, or someone is going to be killed amongst the chaos that usually follows. Same thing goes with a 5 hunter party, sure you might kill stuff fast, but a. how long will your mates last, and b. how many star atomizers can you afford to use on Bruce?

Other tricks also include the spamming of RaMegid on everything, since it apparently staggers once it hits 11+, and the absolute abuse of confuse traps when you see the bears. While you will not confuse the bear, since they are immune to it, you will probably tag the surrounding mob, which means you now have an army of Vandas assisting you in kicking the bers to next Sunday. Speaking of which, just abuse every possible status you can.

One more thing to add to Kesara's guide, is point D, map 1. That's where the 2 warps are. It's not random, per se, but its fixed to the previous question. To warp back to the 4 switches and not to where the crush traps are, the warp you need to take is opposite to the direction you went the first time. To be more specific, if he talks about guns, you'll go left the first time, but at point D, you go right. For swords, go left. As for up and down, assume that up means forward and right means forward. So that means if you took the top warp, you will take the left warp at point D, and if you take the bottom warp, go right.

Edit: Going to flesh out the rewards too. A rank, S grade is 150 fxp and 15k meseta, you've got 20 minutes. A Grade is already mentioned there, just finish it and its yours. Not even going to go into B, since the only way you could possibly get B is if you missed some monsters. But just for reference, it's 75 points and 7500 meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-11-15 21:11 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 16, 2006, 11:01 AM
Do level 4 SE's work on them... Ice or anything?

Itsuki
Nov 16, 2006, 03:08 PM
On A-rank I'm not sure, things change and I don't even meet the level 60+ requirement.

On B-rank you can freeze, burn, I even think virus and confuse. But on A-rank from what I've heard, burn and confuse don't work, I'm completely unsure about virus and freeze.

Dusk21
Nov 16, 2006, 06:15 PM
Wow this sounds like the most awesome mission yet by far! Time limits? Awesome, gives a sense of urgency and need to be efficient, adding challenge. One shotting? Awesome, means its all the more important to play the best you can at all times. And dying means you're done once again means you just have to play your best. I really really can't wait to play this mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Starzonedge
Dec 8, 2006, 12:59 PM
Is Bruce's Mission basically the fastest way to level, or, is there some other mission that's even better? *Secretly just wants to know the most time-efficient way of leveling* >_>

Sitka
Dec 8, 2006, 09:22 PM
I love challenge mode.

I'm on xbox 360 and very interested in getting together with a team that wants to run this thing.

My forteranger might be a liability even though he's at 49, but I have level 29 and 22 hunters that are available.

Itsuki
Dec 9, 2006, 12:57 AM
Is Bruce's Mission basically the fastest way to level, or, is there some other mission that's even better? *Secretly just wants to know the most time-efficient way of leveling* >_>
If you mean leveling your class, then yes, it is. Its also probably the fastest way to make money in a party. But actual exp and items you get almost none of.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 9, 2006, 11:32 AM
soon as i get barta 21 today ill check this out im almost 52 already and only 1/2 thru my first job lvl up. at this point its pretty clear my job lvls will give me much more stats than my character lvl.

C rank should be too hard with a PUG i hope http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lyrise
Dec 9, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-12-08 21:57, Itsuki-chan wrote:

If you mean leveling your class, then yes, it is. Its also probably the fastest way to make money in a party. But actual exp and items you get almost none of.

Unless you play in A Grade. Then it really IS great for drops and for insane levelling speed. That said, you actually have to survive it first, since everything is level 80 and up

Ronin1of47
Dec 10, 2006, 01:32 AM
cant wait till this hits the 360 will be a blast with the head set and a decent team...
*drools with anticipation

Kyuri
Dec 10, 2006, 02:39 AM
For those one that want to see how Bruce dun is, heres a video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvRzNm3PxY (not mine)

Starzonedge
Dec 10, 2006, 09:01 AM
On 2006-12-09 09:36, Lyrise wrote:

On 2006-12-08 21:57, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Unless you play in A Grade. Then it really IS great for drops and for insane levelling speed. That said, you actually have to survive it first, since everything is level 80 and up

Hm. Then what's the fastest for leveling? (Actual EXP)

omegapirate2k
Dec 15, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-12-09 23:39, Kyuri wrote:
For those one that want to see how Bruce dun is, heres a video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvRzNm3PxY (not mine)

OH SNAP I've gotta play that.

Diasuke-san
Dec 15, 2006, 11:11 PM
I really want to try but I dont think im high enough level to even do B

Itsuki
Dec 16, 2006, 02:36 AM
B really isn't that bad if your party is organized. You may not be able to get an S in it, but as long as you can flow through it with an A, its pretty good payout.

Itsuki
Dec 23, 2006, 06:06 PM
Bruce's dungeon will probably be added in january to the US servers, so the guides been cleaned up and updated. Zomg, baldies for everyone!

PALRAPPYS
Dec 23, 2006, 08:19 PM
I hope it's out January! That way I'll be able to get to higher Fortetecher levels! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Nani-chan
Jan 3, 2007, 12:36 AM
I want to duo C with someone.. I'm so excited.

(Prints out the guide and studies it fervishly!) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-01-02 22:20 ]</font>

isahn80
Jan 5, 2007, 03:28 AM
I suggest everyone stock up on di- and zon- photons, and begin synthing earth-resist armor as well as lighting-element melee weapons.

If this guide is accurate (and I'm assuming it is) these will be in HUGE demand come next update, and you can make a killing selling these in your shop at that point.

BTW sweet guide, I'm going to ask my friends to look it over before we try this

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 05:02 AM
Wow itsuki. Nice job on this guide. XD Love it!

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 03:54 PM
Thank God, I can't wait.

Just gotta save my money for buffs/debuffs and I'll be all set.

Hmm...anyone up to helping me go for optimal equipment? As a Wartecher, I'm thinking:

-Bow
-Spear
-Twin Daggers
-Gun/Wand (heal)
-Gun/Wand (buffs)
-Gun/Wand (debuffs)

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2007, 04:12 PM
Hmmm this seems like Nightmare on DMD. XD
Foes with huge HP eh? Like that bloody bastard Baal (You think these guys have hp try 6 million hp for that bastard) should be trying to SE them things though or some underhaned technique which I won't go into but the PP thing sounds fun.

Nani-chan
Jan 5, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-01-05 12:54, SereneShadows wrote:
Allot of things about wartecher

Post in your wartecher forum, that equipment is great for things over pt's level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

vendpeon
Jan 5, 2007, 04:26 PM
what element are most the monsters?

Nani-chan
Jan 5, 2007, 04:29 PM
lapucha - ice, vanda - fire, vil de vear - earth.. It sounds like the vears are the biggest obstacle?

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 04:36 PM
-Ice Bow
-Lightning Spear
-Fire Twin Daggers
-Fire Gun/Wand (heal)
-Lightning Gun/Wand (buffs)
-Ice Gun/Wand (debuffs)

Fixed for elements

Itsuki
Jan 5, 2007, 04:37 PM
Thank God, I can't wait.

Just gotta save my money for buffs/debuffs and I'll be all set.

Hmm...anyone up to helping me go for optimal equipment? As a Wartecher, I'm thinking:

-Bow
-Spear
-Twin Daggers
-Gun/Wand (heal)
-Gun/Wand (buffs)
-Gun/Wand (debuffs)

Bruce's is mainly about a few things:

1) Each person doing their job
2) Speed/DPS
3) Safe killing

This means, optimal setup would probably look like:
- Twin Daggers
- Twin Daggers
- Spear
- Spear
- Spear
- Card/Wand (Resta/Reverser or Resta/Zalure)

The FO can keep the buffs up. Really, you only need to be buffed 2 or 3 times from a FO the entire run. Its all goes by pretty quick. Your job is more to deal the damage. Twin daggers on the Vanda. And then Spears on the Cog Nadd and Bil de Vear.

You really don't need all the versatility and situational stuff. Just straight to the point streamlined equipment and PA spamming. Don't worry about the costs, the reward more than makes up for it.

EDIT: The Rapucha are few and far between. Theres only 4 spawns of them. And each only has about 3-4 Rapucha.

Cog Nadd theres not a whole lot of either. Theres 3 in that room after the first key. Then another 2 or 3 in the last room of the first block.

Theres also only a handful of Bil de Vear. But they take the longest to kill (safely) and half of them are leaders. They only spawn in the 2nd block.

Vanda on the other hand are everywhere. Almost every spawn has atleast like 5 of them. If theres any element to focus on, its ice. But they also tend to be eaten and die pretty fast.

EDIT2: Also, somebody mentions DoTs for the big guys. If you're a ranger, DoTs are your job here. But any other class, you're probably better off trying to spread the damage. Hell, I use daggers for the Cog Nadd as a Guntecher. The problem with the Bil de Vears is a decent number of them are immune or damn near immune to status effects. Don't expect to get DoTs off on them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-05 14:09 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 04:43 PM
I suppose you're right. But isn't that what Fortetechers are for? =

I mean, they have rods...but this is for minimum people, because that's how I often play...>>

Itsuki
Jan 5, 2007, 05:02 PM
Isn't what what fortechers are for? If you mean buffs, then thats what I said isn't it? XD

And you can't really do too "minimum" of people. The mission is really built for 4-5 people. And thats what you try to have. Its not really possible to do well with only 2, and 3 is really pushing it. You have to remember, its timed, so anything less than 4 is a hinderance.

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 05:06 PM
(Yes, that's what I was talking about.)

And so what if it's a hindrance? It's a challenge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nani-chan
Jan 5, 2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe bring equip for both scenarios? I tried to tell allot of friends to come try this with me next week and most didn't know what Bruce's dungeon is. Unfortuantly a fortetecher won't always be in the party. (at least until I can pull people away from dragon runs to come try this)

Or if there is no fortetecher, don't worry about buffs/debuffs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-01-05 14:13 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 5, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-01-05 13:37, Itsuki-chan wrote:

The problem with the Bil de Vears is a decent number of them are immune or damn near immune to status effects. Don't expect to get DoTs off on them.

Good time to blow the dust off of those Protranser partner cards and apologize for kicking them out of your teams all those times while they were trying to level their jobs and skills to a useful point :/

Itsuki
Jan 5, 2007, 05:27 PM
Umm... if there is no FO, you could probably still cast Agtal (shifta) and Zodial. Those would both be benefitial.

And I don't even know if the protransers will be able to do it. Who knows. These are crown + shield + sword + wand bil de bear we're talking about. I know I have never been able to inflict status effects on it (Even with traps), and I don't even think Wren's traps have worked on it (fortegunner I play with). We don't have any dedicated PT, so who knows :o

Ther American playstyle is quite a bit different from the way we play though. So I'm actually interested in seeing how the american crowd deals with it. When it comes down to it, theres just some fundamental differences in the way the two crowds play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-05 14:27 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 5, 2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the guide, Itsuki!! This sounds like a lot of fun.

Wow, I don't know if I'm more excited about the mission, or the fact that I get to hear Tricktrack in a PS game again, lol!

I can't wait for the party I run with to try this: Fortefighter, Fortegunner, Fortetecher, Fighgunner and Protranser. We shall see how that works!

Itsuki
Jan 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
That might actually work pretty well. If I really had to recommend a layout, I'd say:

3 Melee
1 Ranged
1 Force

With all of the melee carrying single target and group weapon weapons. The ranged character having a SE4 DoT, and perhaps an SE4 Freeze aswell. Aswell as maybe a few traps. And the force primarily being support and just laying down the Damubarta (only attack spell you need).

Caster21
Jan 8, 2007, 01:23 PM
What are the enemy elements here?

Remedy
Jan 8, 2007, 10:37 PM
If I may ask, why would you want Damubarta for thinks like Lapuchas and Kog Nadds? Wouldn't Damufoie/Gifoie be ideal for Lapuchas and Damu/Ramegid be good for the Kog Nadds?

Itsuki
Jan 8, 2007, 11:08 PM
The Lapucha die real fast. They're barely there. Chances are, you won't even be casting on them, the hunters and rangers will take them out.

Ra megid -> Horrible damage.

Damu megid and Damu Foie -> Don't stagger like Damu Barta.

In other words, I recommend Damu Barta because not only does it have great damage, but it staggers things to hell and back.

As for melee elements, you probably want some ice AoE for the vanda. Something like ice twin daggers.

For the bears I guess plasma would be good. But really, anything does fine. Just remember: Don't stagger in B. Stagger like crazy in A.

Damaged
Jan 9, 2007, 02:32 PM
Great post!

Cant wait to play this one.

panzer_unit
Jan 9, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-01-05 14:27, Itsuki-chan wrote:
And I don't even know if the protransers will be able to do it. Who knows. These are crown + shield + sword + wand bil de bear we're talking about. I know I have never been able to inflict status effects on it (Even with traps), and I don't even think Wren's traps have worked on it (fortegunner I play with). We don't have any dedicated PT, so who knows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I know for a fact that my Virus G traps work on leader-type Jarbas at the end of Lab Recovery S, and my ForteGunner friend's never do. Hopefully these Bils are the same.

VectormanX
Jan 10, 2007, 11:46 AM
When I played as PT during bruce's, I used shots and on the vanda. Dark sword with spinning break on the kog nadd from behind or in front so I hit 2 and 3 places at once.

For block 2, on the bil de bears including the first leader bear/vanda spawn on the right hand path, i spam grenades to keep the bil de bear stunned and vandas flying.

In the final room, with the 2 leader bears, i use the laser cannon from afar to lure one of the bears away from the party.

on a side note, rising crush lvl 21+ is great for even leader bears. if you can keep the knockbacks coming, the bears cant do a thing. when i HU there, i ALWAYS carry at least 8+ pairs of twinsabers with me.

Itsuki
Jan 12, 2007, 02:13 AM
Final bump~ Now go my bretheren~ GO! FEEL THE POWER OF THE MOUSTACHE!!!

and then comment about what needs to be changed and such...

Kuya
Jan 12, 2007, 09:07 AM
Since I just ran this mission (and failed on B lol) I just wanted to clear one thing up that didn't make sense the first time I read this thread. The part with the four teleporters - Itsuki describes them in a diamond fashion (since that's how you will see it coming into the room. This guide was great - even though I had two others PSOWers who didn't have this thread up trying to figure out what to do...or splitting up in block two lol Great times.

isahn80
Jan 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
Great guide, we almost S ranked it on B several times and managed to at least A rank it multiple times already thanks to this ( I was studying it each time before mission as I was the leader).

Granted, we had our share of failures but that was mainly due to Bruce (so much for the awesome moustache)

Lyrise
Jan 12, 2007, 01:37 PM
Rewards on A are still good, even compared to S. But yeah, it does take a little bit of practise and repetition, Last time I ran it, did B level S Rank in 10 minutes flat. But that's also due to having close to 3 months experience. A level on the other hand...

On 2007-01-05 15:22, Itsuki-chan wrote:
That might actually work pretty well. If I really had to recommend a layout, I'd say:

3 Melee
1 Ranged
1 Force

With all of the melee carrying single target and group weapon weapons. The ranged character having a SE4 DoT, and perhaps an SE4 Freeze aswell. Aswell as maybe a few traps. And the force primarily being support and just laying down the Damubarta (only attack spell you need).

This is a good setup for B, but on A, the RA can be replaced by another HU if one is not available.

RAs are special in A, in that you can do a lot of potential damage through the use of confusion traps. In fact, its the recommended way, since the opposition will kill themselves instead of you. Even my lv70 fortefighter was oneshot killed by a diga in A level. (Did 1500 damage, didn't expect critical)

Without a RA, abuse as many debilitation arts as humanly possible; this means Spiral Dance, Rising series, etc. Exception being Renkaibuyouzan, you can ALWAYS spam this one, assuming you can keep your HP in check.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-01-12 10:43 ]</font>

isahn80
Jan 12, 2007, 01:39 PM
I think I did pretty good as leader considering I've only had about 6 hours of practice...

The thought of A rank makes me shudder however.

Since I was the only trapper in a few of my parties, I had people buy G traps and drop them for me when I ran out. It helped quite a bit.

Also, Bruce likes to die toward the end. It helps to stay close with some star atomizers at the ready.

This advice has probably been mentioned earlier, but I'm too lazy to read through everything and check.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-01-12 10:51 ]</font>

Lyrise
Jan 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
One note I have to point out I left out in my last edit. G Traps are only good for the mobs in A level. I already mentioned to abuse confuse G; but I left this important point out. Don't even think about trying to use the traps on the bears, it just won't work, AND you leave yourself in a very dangerous situation, especially if your trap can knock back (i.e. damage), which will invoke spinning clothesline of death.

Gen2000
Jan 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
I've been playing Bruce Mission nearly all day, love that mission. For only the first day I think I did pretty good on it. Played with full parties and only got Aranks or other people died from Tornado...or Bruce somehow ended up between two Tornados but played with a solid 4man team and constantly put out Sranks within 13min. Insane rewards for such a small play time.

3-Melee
1-Force

I was a FG so I could still spam traps for SEs for faster kills on things like Kog Nodds and Bears. I also learned today that even though Burn G doesn't work on Leader Bear Posion G does. Not the greatest DoT but any DoT was helpful for them while mixing up Twin Saber PA spam. The Force basically stayed back and spam Damburta (awesome attack spell) plus the obvious heals/buffs/debuffs.

Thinking about trying A later on today and just wondering about the Bears there, do they perform the tornado out of no where unlike their B counterparts or have faster start-up on it making it harder to stagger spam them, be nice to now before I try it and get a brutal surprise in between the small gaps of spamming Twin Saber PA.

Lyrise
Jan 12, 2007, 10:13 PM
They WILL perform clothesline out of nowhere. Its pretty much your job if you see this to completely stuff the attack, or evacuate the area. In A, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you're as good as dead if you fail to do either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-01-12 19:14 ]</font>

Arika
Jan 13, 2007, 07:53 AM
Do we need to kill all enemy?

LocGaw
Jan 13, 2007, 09:28 AM
adding to favs.

Nice guide. Well done. Without reading it this is how we run it. Although now someone drew the maps making easy planning for Srank A runs!!!

Thank you again!

Itsuki
Jan 13, 2007, 12:45 PM
you do need to kill all enemies.

And LocGaw, you say "now", but the guides been up for months XD

_DooM_
Jan 13, 2007, 01:34 PM
Theres some nice people in the x360?
Because theres so many idiots who think i suck because im a lvl 50 (im a wartecher and can help alot healing and killing small enemys like vandas & puchas)

panzer_unit
Jan 13, 2007, 05:50 PM
Protransers can get Virus G on the leader bears at the end.

This mission is a hybrid class's dream since you can split the party and both groups can keep themselves covered for abilities (melee for damage rate, status to support melees, techs) in combat. Also the time pressure really makes traps valuable. You don't have time to wait for statuses to proc, you want to nail the enemy with something debilitating immediately and maximize your teammates' DPS.

Gen2000
Jan 13, 2007, 09:56 PM
On 2007-01-12 19:13, Lyrise wrote:
They WILL perform clothesline out of nowhere. Its pretty much your job if you see this to completely stuff the attack, or evacuate the area. In A, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you're as good as dead if you fail to do either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-01-12 19:14 ]</font>

Ah I see, thanks for the info. I haven't found anyone willing to do Arank yet so I still haven't seen it for myself. I don't really care to get S,A, or even B I just want to see how scary the walking instant KO blenders are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-01-13 18:57 ]</font>

Kupi
Jan 13, 2007, 10:14 PM
It's worth noting that Bruce doesn't do the whole "pistol/sword" riddle in the form of a question in the English version. For us, it's:

"My skills with a pistol were legendary!" - Left teleporter.

"A single-handed blade is easiest to wield." - Right teleporter.

Silence - Front teleporter.

(something else) - Rear teleporter.

Those may not be exact quotes, but they're much closer to the real thing than the questions mentioned in the guide. Just a small quibble, though; overall, the guide helped me look much less like an idiot the first couple times (unlike the moron who sat on the buttons you can only hit one at a time and said "lol" as we shouted at him to get off).

Nani-chan
Jan 14, 2007, 12:29 AM
Bad experience here with it on B. FT stood back with Bruce to diga and I was stuck on resta spam duty.. Went through 4 resta wands. I don't think we had enough Damage either (lvl 50 figunners). Time was close to running out each time too. I'll give B another chance when I'm 70.

Ether
Jan 14, 2007, 12:57 AM
The back teleporter line is something like "There is only one right path, which one is it?"

Sorta stupid because he includes the word right in it, when they could've used "correct"

SolomonGrundy
Jan 16, 2007, 11:16 PM
has anyone gone in with HEAVY Fortefighters (Beast or Cast) with 50% Earth Armor? I would think 21+ jellen, and 21+ deband and high DFP Earth Armor = very little damage vs "bear" physical attacks.

Itsuki
Jan 16, 2007, 11:32 PM
FFs are really the way to go for speed. I imagine they'd be able to survive B-rank spins, but A-rank would still probably be death. I'd like to hear if anyone has though.

And I'll to updating the first post sometime this week. I've been feeling how the Americans have been handling Bruces, and will add some more information based on my experiences with random american parties and what people have been posting on forums.

Rizen
Jan 16, 2007, 11:36 PM
Bruce missions is reallllllly fun. Sorry to say I didnt look at your guide at all Itsuki until now, I wanted to come up with a plan for myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

First time I did it was Duo. Didnt it very quickly since we both were experienced in C-mode.

Quoting from a post I made earlier...

I did manage to pull an S rank with 4 people with 18 mins and 50 seconds (maybe better, cant remember best). Pretty much theres a few points where you can save time:
From the start have 3 people go right while 1 person waits at the door. The 3 people who goes right splits up by 2 people working together to get the key while 1 person kills the enemies. Once the key is gotten, the person by the door opens it and rushes ahead to wipe out the enemies in the next room ahead. Regardless of whether or not the enemies are killed, the two people who went to get the key rushes to help the person who went ahead while the other person catches up. Once the room is cleared have 1 or 2 people go down to the portal while 2 wait at the door. When he key is picked up the people at the door rush to the next part. (memory gets a bit fuzzy here) When you get to the stompers the people who are ahead go for the buttons while the people catching up get the key by the stompers. If all goes well you should have both keys quickly. Have someone by the door and open it quick and rush ahead. Clear that group and go to the next area. On the next area go through the door and kill that group. Once that group is clear have two people go wait by the gate while the two other people go to get the key. When the key is gotten the two people by the gate open and ignore the enemies that spawn. Step on the buttons accordingly and kill the enemies that spawn. They continue to rush as fast as possible killing all enemies in the next room. If all goes well, the enemies in the room will be clear by time the other two catch up. When you get to the last part, you can split up two ways: 3 People go straight (person with Bruce must go straight) and 1 person goes through the door (requires someone who can take down a leader and a group by themself, like a cast with a SUV) or split up in 2s. The people who go straight kill as quick as possible and the person with Bruce waits at the gate when the key is about to be drop. The rest is just rush to the end.

Im wondering if this strategy would work on higher ranks (from what I hear, it probably wont)? Also, would anyone be willing to take my Protranser to A rank when he hits 60 tomorrow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itsuki
Jan 17, 2007, 12:39 AM
Im wondering if this strategy would work on higher ranks (from what I hear, it probably wont)? Also, would anyone be willing to take my Protranser to A rank when he hits 60 tomorrow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It probably could, except for the final splitting at the end. I always argue for safety over speed. And its far more RELIABLE to take out all of the leader bil de vears with the entire group.

Of course, if you're running it for speed, you have to do things weird. But then again, I'm never running it for speed since I have no need to try to make my e-penor bigger like some people do.

EDIT: Keep in mind that as long as you're decent level, speed is not an issue in getting an s-rank in B and A.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-16 21:41 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 17, 2007, 03:46 PM
I found a safe zone for the last spot. If you are leader and have Bruce, and want to attack, you can stand here:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20070118_053902_022.jpg

You can Attack from behind the rock, as well as use techs such as dambarta if it's at lvl 21+

My suggestion is to let someone agro the bear near you so that you can take them out while the others try to fight off other things.

OR if you have a player who is immune to the BDV's zangief spin, then you can have him fight it over there.

`````Just remember. If the Bear gets pass the rock, pull Bruce out of the way. Run back, it's best that you do that so he wont die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-17 14:39 ]</font>

Reiichi
Jan 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
People really need to have earth armors for that last room. So many times people have died to spinning bear leaders :<

Nice snipe spot there.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 17, 2007, 05:14 PM
Yea. So far, the best bet is to have your main melee players to have Earth Armor so they can fight against the bears.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-17 14:18 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jan 17, 2007, 08:06 PM
apparetnly there is a unit you can get from S ranking De-regan that prevents the burn SE as well?

Itsuki
Jan 17, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-01-17 17:06, SolomonGrundy wrote:
apparetnly there is a unit you can get from S ranking De-regan that prevents the burn SE as well?

Only resists. But the burn isn't whats going to kill you.

Turbobrain
Jan 18, 2007, 02:58 AM
Jusy my 2p's worth. But this mission sucks. It is recycled from PSO. Brings out the worse in ppl. Even tghe music(such as it is) is from PSO.

I tired the missio with a friend but doing those buttons in the right order, with no CLUE how to do them. Fek that.

Woohoo. For all that I get messseta and exp. I can do B rank De Ragan in under 7 with a good party. At a relaxed pace.

Though I would actually love to give this quest a real go but becuase I'm plying on PS2, a Force there are some lag issues. The crap that would fly my way if I could not materlize in like 10seconds..... nah.... Would love to try it but maybe with some other ps2'rs.

isahn80
Jan 18, 2007, 04:41 AM
On 2007-01-17 13:26, Reiichi wrote:
People really need to have earth armors for that last room. So many times people have died to spinning bear leaders :<

Nice snipe spot there.

I mentioned a week or two ago to stock up on Earth armor and lightning weapons, to either keep or sell, although ice weapons are just as important.

Turns I was at least partially right. All of my super-overpriced earth armor sold out after only a few days, and the %'s weren't even that high.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-01-18 01:47 ]</font>

Gen2000
Jan 18, 2007, 10:50 AM
I know it's been mentioned before just throwing this out here but from what I've seen vs. normal Bears no traps worked against them as a Fortegunner, even Virus G yet SE4 Burn from my Rifle works, though it seems harder to apply on A compared to B, so I assume SE4 Infect would too. Seeing how I could never could get SE4 vs. Leader Bears on B I think it's safe to say it doesn't work against A Leader Bears either.

So yeah...gogo Protranser revolution or something because I believe their G Traps still work on them. Anyone Bruce A Protransers runners want to confirm that?

The HU types I played never had any problems with Bear deaths, I never asked or looked at their armor equips so sure how well they were setup but they didn't seem to be packing uber Earth armor. For the times we failed it was because the Leader Bears weren't dying fast enough even with Twin Saber spam so Bruce gets died in some random way, a Protranser could really speed up their kills.

I wish they had a better mission setup for Bruce, getting B games isn't a problem trying to do random PuGs for A is a pain n the ass. And yeah for PS2 Force user it sucks playing that mission, my spells would unload almost every room or sometimes every spawn....not good. I also seem to get extra slowdown as a FO to the point where people are actually outrunning me so I'm like always the last one to rooms.

Reiichi
Jan 18, 2007, 12:28 PM
Figunner and fortegunner partied with was able to trap the normal bears on B with burn and poison G. Protransers are able to trap the bear captains on B. Not high enough to run A though, so can't help you there.

With a decent earth yamata-senba regular B bears do about 13-25 with deband on my 51 fortefighter. Captain bears do around 130-150 a spin. Will definately need better armor if I want to stand in a tornado on A XD. I've seen party members get hit for like 300+ spins, but they wear like sori-senbas or something.

If it's your first time then it helps to read the guide at the beginning of this thread. I ran into a 60 trying to form a Bruce party but had never done it before himself, so we ran it a few times on C with showing him both paths that teams take.

Overall it seems fun, until bruce dies or someone dies or someone dc's as what happened like 25% of the runs. They really shouldn't have the mission cancel because someone dc'd.

Gen2000
Jan 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah I already know about Bruce B Trap Options for non-PTs. I was talking about A in the last post, sorry I didn't make that clear enough. On A though their immune def seems to go way the hell up, nothing I layed down as a fG worked on any Bear (Normal or Leader) and have yet to party with a Protranser on A to see for myself but believe they will work if some Lab Rec S runs I had with PTs vs. Super Jarbas was any indication.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-01-18 09:46 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 18, 2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I can status leader bears on A-Rank with traps. Sucks when they're in the middle of a pile of vandas, makes placement tricky.

Still haven't tried shock, which I meant to do the other night. Are normal bears immune to the shock status? That's the only thing that would stop my shock traps from working.

Errorrrr
Jan 20, 2007, 02:09 AM
Bruce seem to be broken.

DonRoyale
Jan 21, 2007, 03:29 PM
This is how I've always done BD C runs:

First thing's first: Group your team. Group as follows:

-DPS group-your two party members who deal the most damage.
-Non-DPS group-your two party members who deal the least damage.
-Bruce group-the person with Bruce.

When the mission starts, have the DPS group go left with Bruce group. When the non-DPS group unlocks the first door, you'll be able to flatten the next room in no time.

When you beat the first dark room, have Bruce group go it alone to the portals. Bruce will (YES, HE WILL) tell you the portal:

-"Pistol skills": Left
-"One-handed sword": Right
-"Only one answer": Forward
-Anything Else: Back

Bruce can go it alone, because it's only three vandas. >>

As for the key, whoever gets there first can pick it up. The rest continue on.

Have your Ranger split from you here to go through the gates to kill the vandas and get the key.

The rest should be doing the following:

-Person who's best with the switches guiding the Ranger.
-One person should be killing the Lapuchas that spawn.
-The rest should be at the door.

For block 2:

Have the DPS group go right. They'll catch up. Have the non-DPS group go with Bruce, left. Have one of those people (any really) stay at the door to kill the Vandas.

When it comes to the turn near the end, have the highest damage dealer go right and the rest go left. (Person 2 from the DPS groups goes with you)

This should yield good results, it's done so for me.

Makai_Fan
Jan 26, 2007, 05:50 AM
Any suggestions on what a lvl 46/3 beast fortefighter should have?

I'm guessing fire and ice twin daggers for Vandas and lapachus, but what should i have for Vears and kogs? What weapons and PAs are best for them, also is a 24% earth Rabol Asted good enough for Vears on B?

Thank you in advance for the answers

Itsuki
Jan 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-01-26 02:50, Makai_Fan wrote:
Any suggestions on what a lvl 46/3 beast fortefighter should have?

I'm guessing fire and ice twin daggers for Vandas and lapachus, but what should i have for Vears and kogs? What weapons and PAs are best for them, also is a 24% earth Rabol Asted good enough for Vears on B?

Thank you in advance for the answers

Plasma vs the bears, no earth. But those spears that drop there grinded a bit are perfectly fine for the bears. I actually recommend any plasma spear though. Just so happens Cog Nadd drop that 5* 24% plasma spear.

Deus-Irae
Jan 26, 2007, 07:18 PM
great guide. i learned a few things i didnt know before.

thanks Itsuki and everyone else who pitched in. Bruce's is a fun mission with some great rewards.

NisukeReach
Jan 26, 2007, 09:06 PM
bruce C rank is an easy A, aand a probably S condering you choose an experienced party leader, and your party mates don't play on the PS2...

Sephlock
Jan 27, 2007, 07:24 AM
Why do people make Bruce's out to be so monstrous? Its ridiculously easy so long as you show some common sense and are willing to give up all hope of getting an S- and even if you want to try for an S, just be quick with your healing items or have a compotent force around.

Hint: When a monster starts doing his Hagar/Zangief impression, MOVE AWAY AND USE A MATE. For goodness' sake, the attack actually tends to knock you away anyway, so you won't even have to move far.

The *ONE TIME* anyone was actually willing to let me into their party for a Bruce B run (I'm level 44), my party did not contain a single person at or above level 60 and we still got an A easily.

Whats with people anyway? It was the same way with C runs.

I had so much difficulty finding a party, so when I finally leveled up enough to get accepted into C run parties, I was ready for the challenge of a lifetime. Imagine my surprise when the most difficult aspects were:

1: Don't die

2: Step on this switch when I tell you to.

-_-;

I really think that you could train a Chimpanzee to do this. He'd probably need a modified controller with bigger buttons, and a healthy supply of fruit to serve as rewards in lieu of meseta, but come on.

"When health bar goes down, move away, drink healing potion. When man reaches red lasers, step on switch."

P.S. I realize that A and S runs are likely a great deal harder, especially given the level cap, but I've seen this attitude with C and B runs, which is, imho, ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-27 04:26 ]</font>

Yukichi
Mar 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
So, just to make sure, you have to kill all monsters to get S rank right? People have been telling me you can skip mobs, but I've failed S because of skipping a few vandas.

Itsuki
Mar 10, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-03-10 17:33, Yukichi wrote:
So, just to make sure, you have to kill all monsters to get S rank right? People have been telling me you can skip mobs, but I've failed S because of skipping a few vandas.

I don't believe you can skip any mobs. Though I'm not 100% certain.

Yukichi
Mar 10, 2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks for reply.

Now that I think about it, there are only 4 mobs that you can possibly skip. All in B1. First being the birds towards the right of start, second the vandas behind the gates, third and fourth the birds and vandas at the switches.

I've had a party that skilled the 2 vandas at switches, and recieved an A reward.

These people I grouped with claimed that you can skip the birds at the switches.

I've always been confused to as to how the spawn at the switches work. If you kill the birds, what triggers the vandas to spawn. It seems to be tied into weither or not the birds were killed, the vandas behind gates were killed, and if the birds near end of B1 were killed.

If I can get my friends to get online, I might go and do some testing on this. I doubt I can do any testing with a random group as it seems all the C groups has at least 1 person who is smoking pencil shavings wrapped in coffee filters.

LocGaw
Mar 11, 2007, 07:40 AM
On 2007-01-27 04:24, Sephlock wrote:
Why do people make Bruce's out to be so monstrous? Its ridiculously easy so long as you show some common sense and are willing to give up all hope of getting an S- and even if you want to try for an S, just be quick with your healing items or have a compotent force around.

Hint: When a monster starts doing his Hagar/Zangief impression, MOVE AWAY AND USE A MATE. For goodness' sake, the attack actually tends to knock you away anyway, so you won't even have to move far.

The *ONE TIME* anyone was actually willing to let me into their party for a Bruce B run (I'm level 44), my party did not contain a single person at or above level 60 and we still got an A easily.

Whats with people anyway? It was the same way with C runs.

I had so much difficulty finding a party, so when I finally leveled up enough to get accepted into C run parties, I was ready for the challenge of a lifetime. Imagine my surprise when the most difficult aspects were:

1: Don't die

2: Step on this switch when I tell you to.

-_-;

I really think that you could train a Chimpanzee to do this. He'd probably need a modified controller with bigger buttons, and a healthy supply of fruit to serve as rewards in lieu of meseta, but come on.

"When health bar goes down, move away, drink healing potion. When man reaches red lasers, step on switch."

P.S. I realize that A and S runs are likely a great deal harder, especially given the level cap, but I've seen this attitude with C and B runs, which is, imho, ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-27 04:26 ]</font>

You forgot the part about being a human non spell caster... Worse than a Dragoon LFG on Fenrir!!!

I get passed over for a cast or a beast all the time. Funny thing is, alot of the time, they are carrying 3-4 weapons. They have 4 star armor. Way poorly equiped...