PDA

View Full Version : The games too short! *spoiler*

Blanze
Nov 11, 2006, 08:54 AM
I beat the game 6 days ago and to prove it at the end of the game that red cast guy whos name starts with M fuses him self with the seed core in the seed nest called the HIVE he has two forms that are pretty weak (i beat him at level 70 with no problem) befor you go to the HIVE you better stock up cuz you cant return to the city.

The reason why the main char whent to the HIVE was to save Hugya and Maya and the DR. But the DR got infected by the seed so he turned to a creature that looks like a horse man. Do i have to continue?

Anyway is it true that they stoped makeing the the online kit for the thick PS 2? I heard that form this guy that worked at EB Games....

Rizen
Nov 11, 2006, 09:02 AM
hence the reason for the story continuing online...

Kanore
Nov 11, 2006, 09:29 AM
Yep, game continues online. We continue the story.

... They're just not ready yet.

Blanze
Nov 11, 2006, 12:20 PM
Well... can someone answer my question?

Banert
Nov 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
No clue, but the final boss is too easy, I creamed him at level 56 yesterday, I think I only used 4 trimates. Very neat boss, just waaaaay too short a fight.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
Indeed, if we get to face the final boss on network mode, I hope we get to see a truly fearsome monster..on S-rank atleast.

FenixStryk
Nov 11, 2006, 12:53 PM
Final boss was cool, but that insta-gib move he does in his final form is annoying. I was so lucky what I had a Scape Doll, cause you can't even dodge the blasted thing.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 12:59 PM
Well, you can use a trimate when you notice the screen zooming out, and when youve been hit, use one more trimate, and all should be great.. except being plauged by ONE HELL of a burn..tick,tick,tick..

XCOPY
Nov 11, 2006, 01:01 PM
^heh, his "END OF THE WORLD" attack....I love it. It was hilarious to me, as my whole team was instantly killed by that. I survived with arond 100 hp left, and paralyzed. I thought it was a fun/enjoyable fight. It's not short...the cumulative time on this for me was 26 hours or so. Then there's the Extra mode...I just beat DF again today with my main Extra mode character(lv. 62 going into the fight. Beast of course...because we are the supreme race.)

And as others and the game characters themselves said...it continues online. I'm still waiting for Sega to update online before I start paying though...right now, online is not worth it, imo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2006-11-11 10:03 ]</font>

Jozon
Nov 11, 2006, 01:02 PM
hmm............not sure

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jozon on 2006-11-11 10:03 ]</font>

Lashiens
Nov 11, 2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I also finished the game in about 20 hours. I felt that it didn't hold a torch to the PSO story. Stomped out the last boss in pretty record time at level 55, I was lucky enough to pick up the S Rank Fire Daggers (forget what they're actually called), and just wailed on the poor guy. It was a joke.

Imagine that.

jarek99
Nov 11, 2006, 02:15 PM
I beat the game 6 days ago and to prove it at the end of the game that red cast guy whos name starts with M fuses him self with the seed core in the seed nest called the HIVE he has two forms that are pretty weak (i beat him at level 70 with no problem) befor you go to the HIVE you better stock up cuz you cant return to the city.
This should be rephrased to: I beat the game and to prove it I'm going to butt rape you by spoiling it for everyone who hasnt!

edit: Ah, they added a spoiler tag now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-11-11 11:51 ]</font>

littleman2347
Nov 11, 2006, 02:21 PM
it was ok i beat it in 20 at lvl 54 not to hard

jarek99
Nov 11, 2006, 02:23 PM
I beat it in 21 hours and was level 57 or 58. I never bothered doing any free missions.

Zalana
Nov 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
Why can't we fight Dilnazen online? lol j/k Continue on story.

littleman2347
Nov 11, 2006, 02:39 PM
anything offline will probably be online with many extras

Zalana
Nov 11, 2006, 02:43 PM
I was only kidding lol.

DONTOSE
Nov 11, 2006, 02:54 PM
yea the boss was to easy I destroyed him at level 58.
I killed him before he could even do his huge meteor move.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 11, 2006, 02:55 PM
Um. no. If time is spent to raise the PM or synth weps in Storymode, and free missions are played, then offline storymode is not that "short".

Rushing through each chapter playing *only* the story missions then yeah the game may seem kind of "short."

littleman2347
Nov 11, 2006, 02:56 PM
i mean i synthed stuff and a couple free's but mostly did the story they make a story like a show it was kind of anoying but cool cool i guess

RavenTW
Nov 11, 2006, 03:04 PM
Dalk Falkus (read: DARK FALZ) Took a little bit of something from each end boss form of Falz, as well as Olga Flow form 1. His first form also has some awesome similarities to the DFs of the old PS games. In that respect, he was cool. But WAY too easy. I busted him at level 54 and needed nothing more than a few Dimates, using a Falchion and Railgun combo with lv 25+ Rising Strike and lv 10-15 Dark Bullet (needless to say, the railgun didn't get used much). The meteor was hilarious, as the same exact thing that XCOPY said happened to me (Had about 1/3 my HP left, my entire party died, simply Dimated myself and braced for the flaming hangover).

I also did some time with Free Missions and Synthing, though I never tried to evolve my PM. I myself enjoyed the style making the game like an anime show. I just wish the end songs lasted long enough to reach the pic of Ethan and Karen, lol. And was I the only one dissapointed in the fact that you NEVER got to actually fight basic Magashi? He should have been DF's 1st form. Though the cutscene was pretty nice, it would have been better if you got to take him down yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-11 12:05 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 03:06 PM
Im sure Dulk Fakis will be alot more challenging once we see him on network mode.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 11, 2006, 03:11 PM
Yea Dulk Fakis was unbelievably easy, I was so surprised since I had hell of a time getting there... I was lvl 53 and he didn't even get to the Meteor point, I missed it D:. Well spear with lvl 30 Das owns any single target enemy, boss or normal mob.

The new Chaos Sorcerer scares me... they really do... online versions *shudders and starts lvling earth rifle bullets >>*

And to answer that network adapter for the think PS2, yes they stopped making it, you might be able to find it but it's very rare. They stopped production since they released the thin version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-11-11 12:12 ]</font>

RavenTW
Nov 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
Oh yeah, those sorcerors are pain incarnate. A B-rank spear does pretty well with them though, if the PA is leveled up to pull an extra combo. At least in offline mode.

Gamemako
Nov 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
I beat it in 18 hours. Finished the final boss at level 50 (I did exactly one extra mission, and that's the one the first one they make you do). Hunter level 10. Burned two photon charges in the battles and nothing else. I spam PAs, in case you didn't notice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I never died to that big meteor "END OF ZE [Universe?]" attack thing. It was awesome though. Reminds me of that big nuke fire attack in Grandia II. Only the enemies in the special bonus area used it against you, but of course, I abused the heck out of it from my side. It was too puurty not to! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

So, the story continues online? As in, the story of we go kill seed or the story of Ethan and Karen (who need to make some human/newman babies so we can have hybrid races kthx. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Tystys
Nov 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
The game is about medium length if you ask me. I'm about 10-11 hours in and I'm only on Chapter 8

Callous
Nov 11, 2006, 04:58 PM
I beat him at level 50-something. Finally an epic PSO type boss. Well, in looks, because there's zero challenge. I just stood there, fired my gun and ate a couple of dimates. No need to learn any patterns or dodge. Disappointing.

Blanze
Nov 11, 2006, 05:18 PM
Wow alot of level 50's. It too me about 10 mins to kill the final boss so to me it really wasent a very good boss battle. I wish they could of added atleast 2 more final boss forms.

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 05:31 PM
Spoilers everywhere..... *covers eyes*... I see nothing....NOTHING!!!

Blanze
Nov 11, 2006, 05:40 PM
Dont post crap in my topic jackass buddy!

DonRoyale
Nov 11, 2006, 05:42 PM
Fakis' first form falls to me in two minutes at level 59...and 1 Dimate XD

I have yet to beat the second form (at the cutscene before the first form now), because he hit me with that planet thing that does massive damage)

Magashi's a douchebag...>>

Blanze
Nov 11, 2006, 05:45 PM
Then how come your avatars a pic of em?

DonRoyale
Nov 11, 2006, 05:46 PM
Correction: Magashi's a sick-ass looking douchebag...