PDA

View Full Version : Shimmering Text- any workarounds for Radeons?

Neith
Nov 11, 2006, 05:40 PM
Ive just updated my GFX card drivers (Radeon X300SE), and while the game generally lags less now, I now get the shimmering text issue brought up by Parn in another topic.

Now, I've tried altering the Anisotropic Filtering, as stated, and it's made no difference- my text still shimmers horribly.

Does anyone else know a solution for it aside from what I've already tried? It's annoying to look at, heh.

xenokai
Nov 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
could u take a pic or make a small vid click to show this problm? i dont get what its doing.

Blitzkommando
Nov 11, 2006, 11:07 PM
Are you running an LCD monitor and is the game running at a non-native resolution for that monitor? If you answered yes to both that could easily be the problem. For many of us, that is essentially impossible to fix because we have widescreen monitors and even when keeping the game at proper ratios, it stretches a bit making non-square pixels which can cause shimmering.

Neith
Nov 12, 2006, 02:02 PM
Just an update to say I've got it sorted. I uninstalled the driver I'd installed previously (which was the latest X300SE driver for Windows XP), and installed a slightly older one.

For some reason, the driver I now have installed works fine, whereas the newest version creates the text problems.

As for the LCD question- yes, I do use an LCD, but I run it at the recommended 1024x768 resolution.