PDA

View Full Version : Grinded weapon stats...?

Mr_Walrus
Nov 12, 2006, 09:18 PM
I've looked around a bit, but I can't seem to find anything (chart, list, etc) detailing the stat increases weapons receive from grinding. Is there anything of that sort available? It would be interesting to see how far lower level weapons would need to be grinded to be more powerful than higher level weapons.

I'm also curious about this because I have heard that Kubara weapons tend to grind for higher stats than other weapons, which might make the Fluorescent Bulb slightly more useful if a bulb grinded to 10 were as powerful as a Durandal or something. Is there anything to that bit of info as well?

Thanks for any possible help on this matter. =D

EDIT: In retrospect, I should have put this in the Gameplay forum. D'oh. ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Walrus on 2006-11-12 18:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Walrus on 2006-11-12 18:58 ]</font>

Ras
Nov 12, 2006, 10:00 PM
http://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/index.php?DB%2F%C9%F0%B4%EF%B6%AF%B2%BD

Scroll down to the weapon list and click the boxes beside each weapon type.

Kuya
Nov 12, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hmmm, can't figure out the page since it's in japanese and Altavista isn't translating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neo187H
Nov 12, 2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah, and its not exactly helpfull that there are no pictures on the site. =(

Rexob
Nov 12, 2006, 11:33 PM
I can throw out some things from what I've grinded...nothing exact really, but I'll give what I've seen and know.

Melee weapons in my opinion aren't worth it...I've grinded to +3 before on Swords, Twin Daggers, Sabers, and Twin Sabers. I'd say you average between looking at all 3 and you gain like roughly 4-6pp/grind, and like 4 ATP/grind. Sorry, I can't be more exact, but the increases are very small. However, I never had the guts to push beyond +3, and I know on guns especially the higher the grind the better.

Ranged weapons though...totally worth it, at least on my rifles...I can post exact stats on these now. I have several rifles now, will get around to Dual Pistols and maybe a Machine gun or two, but I don't use them at all really.

Here are the stock weapon stats:-Vullseye: 1053pp / 317 atp
-Burzaihoh: 1368pp / 238 atp
Now here are my weapons:-Vullseye +4: 1172pp / 387 atp
-Vullseye +5: 1200pp / 402 atp
-Burzaihoh +5: 1482pp / 383 atp
-Burzaihoh +6: 1500pp / 407 atp
Sorry I don't have the stats for all the grinds in between, but the Burzaihoh's really don't catch and start to match the Vullseye though until the 4th, 5th, and 6th grinds.

I hope that helps some.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rexob on 2006-11-12 20:39 ]</font>

Neo187H
Nov 12, 2006, 11:46 PM
Woah. I wonder if the Yohemi melee weapons work simliar to the rifles with grinding like that.

Rexob
Nov 12, 2006, 11:51 PM
Well...I took some melee to +3...didn't have the guts or the extra cash to try anything higher than that...however, typically Yohmei weapons get very big grind boosts at their 4-6 grinds...6 might be pushing it a bit to try, but the 4 & 5 grinds are very significant.

Rexob
Nov 12, 2006, 11:54 PM
Recently grinded Dual Beatguns.

Stock Dual Beatgun stats:- PP: 899
- ATP: 130
Dual Beatgun +4 stats:- PP: 968
- ATP: 142
Not a huge difference in ATP really, but the PP is nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rexob on 2006-11-12 20:55 ]</font>

Neo187H
Nov 13, 2006, 12:00 AM
I'll have to look up the stock stats but I have Twin Autoguns to +6 and they are
-PP: 910
-ATP: 107

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo187H on 2006-11-12 21:00 ]</font>

Dusk21
Nov 13, 2006, 02:57 PM
Dual Handguns grind fairly poorly, although in reality you have to double the atp gain to get the true atp gain (two bullets, each having that atp). The pp boost on them isn't bad and much appreciated, cause dualies rip through pp.

Rifles (especially Yohmei ones) grind very well, I've not seen or made a +10 one (yet) but as soon as 3 luck rolls around I will be, and it seems that Burzaihohs would about double or maybe a little more their base atp, as well as a rather nice boost to pp.

Don't bother grinding machineguns, with GRM getting 2 of its largest grind boosts from grind 1 and 2 I thought maybe I'd get somethin tangible. Hah was I ever wrong, each grind was worth a paltry 1 atp and the pp bost from both grinds combined was somethin like 40 or 50 (like 2-3 seconds of fire tops). I at least thought I'd get 2 or 3 atp a grind.

Never ground a handgun, don't use them enough to make it worth it, and you can't grind shotguns yet. Don't really know anything for melee weapons.

Kuya
Nov 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
I usually am using Yohmei rifles only. I like the side scope look and slightly higher acc and PP doesn't hurt. The only bad thing is needing to bring it up to 6 before my Burhoh (Sp? 2k rifle) doubled in Att.

Just to clarify ATP is character based and Att is weapon based right?