PDA

View Full Version : Guide: SUV guide

etlitch
Nov 13, 2006, 05:02 AM
SUV guide
----

SUV are special weapons only usable by casts. You need to be above lv20 and have an armour with a extra slot to be able to use it.

You can buy the SUV units at either the GRM shop (west parum) or the armour shop in Guardians Station (shopping A/ second floor). Note that they won't be available for purchase until you are lv20+.

The bar below your characters exp bar is the SUV bar. It fills as you deal or take damage with a SUV unit equipped in your armours extra slot and lets you fire it by pressing the normal attack key and PA key (down+right by default) at the same time when the bar is fully charged.

Un-equipping or changing the SUV unit will not cause you to loose the power that already has been charged in the SUV bar. The SUV bar only empties when you leave the mission area (reenter city or lobby) or if your character faints.

Your character is invincible during the SUV animation but cannot move nor use any restoration items.

Currently there are only 2 SUVs available for the US PSU network mode, the hegel buster and the grom buster.

The hegel buster are twin gatling guns, has an AoE effect of damage and can hit multiple enemies and causes the "attack down" status effect on the monsters. Flips monsters upwards (like saber PA)

The grom buster are twin lasers, has an AoE efect of damage and causes the shock status effect.(no normal attacking) Knocks monsters backwards.

There's also some other things about SUV:

- Even if you can't move when firing the SUV, it is possible to get pushed around by other players or monsters
- SUV deals multiple hits and may miss so the accuracy is not 100%
- The ATP of your equipped weapon does not effect SUV damage, but equipping armour units that boosts ATP does
- Single target SUVs are best for bosses, because multiple target SUVs will only hit on a single target point on a monster (just like ra-spells)
- You can still see the SUV bar even if you're below lv20, it simply does'nt charge up at all
- The SUV bar seems to charge by a fixed amount every time you hit(deal damage greater than 0) to a target. This makes the bar charge faster when use weapons that hits multiple targets or the ones with a high rate of fire/attack

----

Might be abit poorly written, but should still reduce the amount of "question about SUV" topics posted.

Lots of info translated from JPSU wiki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-11-14 04:27 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Nov 13, 2006, 05:17 AM
Hegel and Grom Buster are their NA names.

Hegel Buster does a wide left to right sweep. I'd saw the sweep is 10 to 2. With 9 being directly to left of character, 12 straight ahead and 3 to character's right. Hegel can blast monsters up, flip them over.

Grom buster feels more like a continual shotgun blast for a few seconds. Unlike Hegel, Grom pushes enemies away. I've had monsters pushed back, taking them out of range of the 2nd+ shot of the blast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-13 02:24 ]</font>

Grr
Nov 13, 2006, 05:31 AM
A few things : its Grom and Hegel as far as I know , not Groom and Heligan

2 : I think they were availble for purchase before 20 , just unequipable. I say this becuase i think I slapped it in my armor as soon as i hit 20.

3: Your description of Grom only hitting one target is innaccurate (and im unaware of two different version of it , you may be refering to story mode). it fires five small , white continuous lasers beams , and any ENEMIES caught in the way will get hit (unless they are behind an enemy already getting hit or out of range), and since the laser damage continues to apply while the SUV is active , you can hit Several targets , serveral times, making it much better in in most cases (even in after effects , lowered attack versus not being able to attack at all -> Grom wins)

ALSO: The grom buster has a knock back for every hit , so enemies not fairly close will be pushed back out of range and the last few shots may miss , making a wall (or espcially a corner) an excellent place to pin an enemy in between.

and another quick note for online players : the cheapest armor you can buy with an extra slot is 18000 (I suggest the one from GRM (planet:parum , West district , keep heading west to GRM shop)for the Arm slot in which to Place some additional attack power as well as your SUV in your extra), so yeah 18000 for armor and 6500 for Grom , save up ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (forgot price of Hegel , I bought it in Beta and then started hating it after I received Grom shortly after)

Grr
Nov 13, 2006, 05:33 AM
Ah so He was going from a slightly different version , and Nani Brought forth a few of the same points I did , only much quicker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

etlitch
Nov 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
Changed the hegel and grom name.

I just assumed so with the grom since I've seen people in Relic and Dragon runs use a grom buster that only fires 2 straight laser beams while I've also seen other people use the groom buster that fires multiple beams in spreading in a triangular shape.

I remeber reading somewhere where it clearly states the the "real" groom buster is supposed to be a 2 laser single target hitting one. The AoE one is named http://xs109.xs.to/xs109/06461/rahubust.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-11-13 03:03 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 13, 2006, 03:10 PM
Some more notes and tips:
* You can rotate your character while summoning the SUV and even while you're holding it just before it goes off.
* You can change SUV units without losing charge... IMO it's a huge asset to own both so you get to blast away to maximum effect as often as possible, and can start recharging sooner.
* Hegel will hit targets 2-3 times for better per-hit damage than Grom, you will get to see some really impressive juggles when it does, and can hit flyers.
* Favoring multi-hit / rapid-fire weaponry makes a big difference in how quickly you can charge your meter.

Dusk21
Nov 13, 2006, 03:25 PM
I was messing around with SUVs on a farming run, had a full bar but wasn't planning on using it as I was skilling bullets up. I completely unequipped my SUVs, and my bar stayed full no change. I then re-equipped my Grom Buster, and used it and it worked fine. Its not too important now as theres nothing I'd spend money on to put in my extra slot other than SUVs, however once there are some really useful extra slot items I think you may be able to use whatever extra slot you want and just switch to SUV when you want to use one. It only takes like 5 seconds to switch a unit, and if this is the case (which I pray it is) we won't have to pick between using an SUV and a unit that boosts stats.

Also the grom buster is always and only a 5 way blast, fanning out at approximately the same angles as a shotgun blast - one straight down the middle and then 2 to the sides at ~15 degrees and then at probably ~35 degrees. Seems just slightly less wide than a shotgun. There is a laser SUV not available online yet that fires two laser streams, and it rotates ~180 degrees just like the hegel buster

Also not available yet but if you've used Lou ever you've probably seen her use it - a straight shooting gattling gun, two streams although they seem like they scatter, and it seems as though it would deal more damage than the grom buster (not to mention it looks far more cool).

RavenTW
Nov 13, 2006, 03:57 PM
I never got to see Lou use any SUVs except for the one cutscene when they introduce it.

Problem: In my PC version offline Extra Mode, I have a level 20 Cast, but I cannot find any SUV units for sale at GRM OR the Colony. Why?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-13 12:57 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 13, 2006, 04:05 PM
Oh snap! I had Lou with me on Unsafe Passage A last night (online... I did the tutorial to get her partner card last night b/c nobody wants to do that quest) and she whipped out an SUV. I assumed it was Hegel and didn't look to see if it was doing anything fancy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sorry I can't help with offline, I've never played it. I've heard other people mention that they can't buy SUV units the same time/way as online.

Nani-chan
Nov 13, 2006, 04:30 PM
Hers is not hegel since it's stationary and does def down.

panzer_unit
Nov 13, 2006, 04:55 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:25, Dusk21 wrote:
...I completely unequipped my SUVs, and my bar stayed full no change. I then re-equipped my Grom Buster, and used it and it worked fine. ... however once there are some really useful extra slot items I think you may be able to use whatever extra slot you want and just switch to SUV when you want to use one.

You reminded me that I've tested this already. You have to have an SUV unit equipped to charge your meter. Probably you can swap in a non-SUV unit once you get full charge and you're otw to the boss... but people like me with itchy trigger-fingers will have to keep theirs equipped all the time.

Scallop
Nov 13, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-11-13 12:57, RavenTW wrote:
I never got to see Lou use any SUVs except for the one cutscene when they introduce it.

Problem: In my PC version offline Extra Mode, I have a level 20 Cast, but I cannot find any SUV units for sale at GRM OR the Colony. Why?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-13 12:57 ]</font>

You have to get s rank missions on certain missions. Grove of fanatics is one of them.

Dusk21
Nov 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-11-13 13:55, panzer_unit wrote:

You reminded me that I've tested this already. You have to have an SUV unit equipped to charge your meter. Probably you can swap in a non-SUV unit once you get full charge and you're otw to the boss... but people like me with itchy trigger-fingers will have to keep theirs equipped all the time.

Blah crushing my hopes and dreams. I find this exceedingly unfair personally. First of all nanos are way more versatile a special than SUVs, and in almost all situations will deal more damage. We can't use Crea weapons and I'm sure there will be more human/newman only things. I'm certain there'll be a point where most if not all CASTS forgo SUVs for things like Whitill Wings because its simply more practical. So basically we get trashed in more stats than any other race AND our special is gonna be moot soon too. Ahhh well, good thing I <3 my CAST much and I'm a ranger.

BeeYee
Nov 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
here ya go for anyone who needs it

Blitz Buster- Grove of Fanatics (lvl 35+ Neudaiz mission)

Grome Buster- Goliath in the Desert (lvl 40+ Moatoob mission) Im not sure on this one, I have not tried to get this SUV yet.

Hegel Buster- Cargo Train Rescue (lvl 15+ WEST DISTRICT Parum mission)

Raphaal Buster- Endrum Underground (lvl 35+ WEST DISTRICT Parum mission)

Note that you have to be awared with S-rank to get these lovely weapons.

Dhylec
Nov 13, 2006, 08:03 PM
Sticky-listed. Keep it up. ;]

RavenTW
Nov 13, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-11-13 15:15, Scallop wrote:

On 2006-11-13 12:57, RavenTW wrote:

You have to get s rank missions on certain missions. Grove of fanatics is one of them.

Thank you.

On 2006-11-13 16:49, BeeYee wrote:

Grome Buster- Goliath in the Desert (lvl 40+ Moatoob mission) Im not sure on this one, I have not tried to get this SUV yet.

And thank you. That's a very big help to me.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 14, 2006, 02:54 AM
Jp has a fist SUV some huge robot hands come down and smash things up.

So you can look forward to that somwhere down the line.

Also wanted to add the SUV you gave in japanese above is the blitz buster.

its in katakana and translates directly into

burittsubasutaa

or blitz buster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

etlitch
Nov 14, 2006, 07:29 AM
Updated, should be more correct now.

I'm only going to list the SUVs that currently are available on the US network version to avoid confusion.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 14, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-11-13 16:49, BeeYee wrote:

Oi!

I wrote that to you in a PM! (gimme glory!)
...Though I wrote if off of someone else^^
...nevermind...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-11-14 06:34 ]</font>

Malachon
Nov 17, 2006, 01:56 AM
Qustion: How do you get the Cargo Train Rescue available in Extra Mode?