PDA

View Full Version : booted?!

LadyMoon
Nov 13, 2006, 08:57 PM
Okay I am a level 38 beast hunter and jumped into a game, normally I don't mind, but my friends here might help make sense of this. As soon as I jumped in, one person said "Let's Do It!" and then I am outta the game, there were only 3 others or 2 in the party. Yes it did say 40+, but I have been playing since dc and I am good, I am not a liability and I did that level in a party when I was 35, same level, never died. I like the boot feature, but you got to give people a chance. I did not spam or make any faces or jump in just for the mission points at the end. Why is it that there just seem to be so many goobers running around and people like me get booted out without a chance. It's just crazy. Am I right?

Sorry had to rant...

LadyMoon

Zabot
Nov 13, 2006, 08:59 PM
i always ask people to leave if they fill the party or if im waiting for a friend, i dont just boot them its rude, now if they are harrassing one of my friends then ill take action. but i dont just randomly boot people, its not very nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Peace

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 09:00 PM
They specified the requirements (evidently quite clearly) and you joined anyway.

You were warned, and booted. I see no wrong-doing here.

Sychosis
Nov 13, 2006, 09:00 PM
38 < 40.

Not saying I agree with the insta booting, but if you weren't meeting the requirements, you shouldn't be surprised in the least.

LadyMoon
Nov 13, 2006, 09:01 PM
But there was a person lower than my char's level and they let them stay.

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 09:03 PM
Irrelevant. That could have been a friend of theirs, or the Party Leader.

Zabot
Nov 13, 2006, 09:03 PM
to be honest, they were probably little kids who wanted a high level in their party, i would think nothing of it, go make your own game and get all the items, then join their game and be all like, i found the twin crea sabers Biatch now what LOL

Peace

LadyMoon
Nov 13, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ah the little cretins... I remember them from dc days... and gc days.... I don't miss them. That is what I did execpt going back into their game, I just went and did a run by myself.

I would like a kick but party though... it is the only way to grind those levels up fast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LadyMoon

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 09:14 PM
My CAST F is hitting like a behemoth right now with the weapons I used on my 50 Beast. Does this make me equivalent to a lv50? Yes it does... but i'm forever at the mercy of the all mighty "XX+ Only. Lower=Booted, Die=Booted" comment under the party name.

Why god? WHY?!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-13 18:15 ]</font>

TJ5
Nov 13, 2006, 09:19 PM
I got booted for picking up an Omega Acid that I killed the monster alone for... I dropped it cause I didn't need it but they still booted me. Seriously whats wrong with some people..

EphekZ
Nov 13, 2006, 09:20 PM
Because, they dont want the liability or your level. get over it.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 13, 2006, 09:21 PM
On 2006-11-13 18:19, TJ5 wrote:
I got booted for picking up an Omega Acid that I killed the monster alone for... I dropped it cause I didn't need it but they still booted me. Seriously whats wrong with some people..

Yeah I always laugh when that happens. They leave drops as Finders Keepers, and then boot you when you grab one item when they have grabbed everything else. Everything else. I love it.

BloodDragoon
Nov 13, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-11-13 18:21, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-13 18:19, TJ5 wrote:

Yeah I always laugh when that happens. They leave drops as Finders Keepers, and then boot you when you grab one item when they have grabbed everything else. Everything else. I love it.

Which is why the only loot options should have been order or random, no finder option for those greedy sob's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Xbob
Nov 13, 2006, 09:39 PM
I've never been booted for joining a Level requirement game and not meeting requirements, I always make sure to ask before I run out though, something to the effect of "Mind if I join? I carry lots of scapes and am a force." I think that helps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Invisus
Nov 13, 2006, 09:41 PM
You wouldn't happen to be a ranger on 360 would you? A hunter friend and I search in vain for one to grind with : /

LadyMoon
Nov 13, 2006, 10:37 PM
No sorry Insivus I am playing on a ps2. Otherwise I definitely would, it is so hard to find good players.

I wish I had a chance to say mind if I join, I would have if I had been givin the option....

LadyMoon

McLaughlin
Nov 13, 2006, 11:00 PM
I laugh pretty hard when I enter a game with Rares: Random and get the next rare that drops.

Le boot usually follows.

Invisus
Nov 13, 2006, 11:04 PM
Buy a 360 and come play with us imo. seems the only reasonable solution ; )

LadyMoon
Nov 14, 2006, 12:06 AM
I cannot Insivus, they are not feasible for me to purchase at this moment... not enough cash to make a purchase like that.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LadyMoon

Ryogen
Nov 14, 2006, 12:13 AM
Don't worry about if you been booted, there is many other parties to join.

RyuKisargi
Nov 14, 2006, 06:59 AM
You DID clearly ignore the comment, even though you read it.

But for what it's worth, I would'nt have kicked you. If I had Dragon A going, I would've just asked why you ignored the comment, given you a chance to explain, and then might have let you stay.

Only things that I usually do is when I'm leading something like a 20+ Dragon C or B run, the party themselves usually go "THANKS FOR READING LOL" and "Ryu kick the @(#*!" In speed runs like I'm learning how to lead, NOONE in the party likes anyone under 20 there for some odd reason. (( And in B I kick anyone under 20 that isn't a ranger/force because almost every one of them walks RIGHT INTO THE FIRE WTF. And I put a comment up that says "Don't join if you aren't 20+. >_>" ))

But in your case, consideration should have been given. If it happened the way you said, and they did immeadiately kick you before you could say "Hey, I'm experienced, don't kick me. >_>". That's just assholic.

Last person that did that to me is now on my friends list, priotity one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In closing though, do what I do. Before they kick you, just say "Hey, don't worry about me, I have 20 Trimates and a million scape dolls >_>"