PDA

View Full Version : PM dilemma and frustrations

galaxy
Nov 15, 2006, 02:37 AM
So I'm in a pickle. I am a Newman force, and am eagerly awaiting my decision as to how i want to raise my PM. However, I've begun to face an issue. Originally, I'd planned on making the PM on this character a fully TECH PM. Much to my dismay, raising TECH takes excrutiatingly long as is now.

I thought it would be fun, as a Newman fortetecher (and occasionally wartecher) to create an all force party with my PM and NPC, but im getting impatient. My hope is that they will change what some items raise to make it more balanced, but that probably wont happen.

despite that, im just having second thoughts in general. Now i feel as though it might be better to raise striking (with a little tech, as is the nature of most items). Not only is this MUCH easier, but it may complement my character a little better. The downfall is that I won't be able to synthesize my own force weapons.

I have already started a striking/slight tech PM on an alternate, but it's only at 17, and i think im going to scrap my alts for a while (they're all at lvl 1), until I can finalize what exactly i want with my main. but i wan't your advice. Should i stick with my original plan and go with pure TECH, or use all of those items i've been building up in storage and go striking?

Millenium
Nov 15, 2006, 02:45 AM
It all depends on what you ultimately want to do with your character. Sure, having the all force party is a nice goal to have, but unless you can afford to feed your PM wands and tech discs, you might be waiting a while for that to happen.

The easiest and cheapest PM by far is the Striking PM, since you can just stuff it full of consumables like dimates and such, even so, that won't get you a pure Striking PM (consumables raise TECH as well).

So yeah, I'm a Human Female Hunter and I'm making a Striking PM. Keeping TECH down to a min by feeding it old weapons and such.

BloodDragoon
Nov 15, 2006, 02:50 AM
Nah the easiest and cheapest is a ranged PA, Just feed it all the synthesis items you pick up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

etlitch
Nov 15, 2006, 03:36 AM
Farm Sleeping Warriors.
Get staffs

Rooroo
Nov 15, 2006, 09:04 AM
You'd have to farm 1000 of those staff to get to 80 Tech...not exactly efficient. Tech disks is probably still the way to go to raise a pure tech PM. There is always the option to go mixed stat, if u just want to make an all Fo NPC party. It'll be a lot easier that way. As for synthesis, u could always do that on a alt later.

Besides, an all Fo NPC solo party isn't really all that great. Neither Maya nor GH450 are very aggressive. They play mostly support roles, but what u really need to get through a run faster is more DPS...

Husker_Freak
Nov 15, 2006, 10:18 PM
I'm raising my pure TECH right now and I must say that you have to have serious patience doing it. I am to level 69 with enough disks in storage to get it to 80 (just have to wait to feed).

It has been very hard to throw every single meseta into this thing for what seems like a month (probably more like 2 weeks). Lots and lots and lots of solo runs since I can never rack up any meseta by partying. I've also been lucky enough to find 3 Twin Crea Boards, Dragons Tail, Relics Edge and other rares that can be sold for good money. It takes about 10k per level so be prepared for a VERY long and VERY expensive quest to get your PM done. I almost gave up after I got the TECH to level 30, but I've plugged away and am only a day or so away from lvl 80. Then, finally, I may be able to save some meseta and just raise the tech every once and a while from then on. Ultimately I'll have it to pure 100 TECH, but the last 20 lvls will take a while since I'll be worrying about other things for once, lol.

BlueFire2k5
Nov 15, 2006, 10:35 PM
On 2006-11-15 19:18, Husker_Freak wrote:
I'm raising my pure TECH right now and I must say that you have to have serious patience doing it. I am to level 69 with enough disks in storage to get it to 80 (just have to wait to feed).

It has been very hard to throw every single meseta into this thing for what seems like a month (probably more like 2 weeks). Lots and lots and lots of solo runs since I can never rack up any meseta by partying. I've also been lucky enough to find 3 Twin Crea Boards, Dragons Tail, Relics Edge and other rares that can be sold for good money. It takes about 10k per level so be prepared for a VERY long and VERY expensive quest to get your PM done. I almost gave up after I got the TECH to level 30, but I've plugged away and am only a day or so away from lvl 80. Then, finally, I may be able to save some meseta and just raise the tech every once and a while from then on. Ultimately I'll have it to pure 100 TECH, but the last 20 lvls will take a while since I'll be worrying about other things for once, lol.

This is about where I am. However, I have no money left. I calculated that it will take about 125k to get it the last 16 levels that it needs to get up to 80. >_<