PDA

View Full Version : PM synthesis question

galaxy
Nov 15, 2006, 01:10 PM
i tried to search for this, but couldnt find any definite answers.

How EXACTLY are PM evolution and synthesis success rate related? after feeding my mag a few times, i have not noticed any changes in success percentages, so this leads me to believe that a raise will occur upon evolution. however, is your success rate determined by your specific stats on the mag, or just the model PM you have after evolution? if the latter is the case, then what, if we know, are the success rates (generally) for each model type?

additionally, if the latter were the case, then fully pure models would be somewhat unnecessary, so I'm assuming this is not true. The main reason why I'm asking this is to see what the difference in synth rates are for, say, a 100 striking PM vs. an 80 striking/20 tech PM are.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:11 PM
I think it's in the vicinity of 5 levels for 1% increase. Don't quote me on it, but unless you have 50+ in a level you're better off just synthing the item on a mule with 3* luck.

My Strike PM has 80 Strike and 20 Tech. I have a hefty 79% success rate on 5* weapons, and a 94% success rate on the Crea-line with a non-elemental photon. I don't know what the base of them is, but i'd say the more pure a PM is the better off you'll be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 10:13 ]</font>

galaxy
Nov 15, 2006, 01:14 PM
primarily im asking this to decide whether i want to try for a pure striking on one of my characters, or just go the route that pretty much everyone has and just feed it pretty much every consumable item so that both striking and tech increase.

BloodDragoon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:31 PM
Currently my striking PM is 47 Strike 5 Tech with a 69% chance of success on an elemental 5 star weapon. At one point I did notice that the success rate was going up faster than usual, kinda like a growth spurt which might be caused by the stat ratio changing but I'm not sure about it. I started mine by feeding it consumables then changed it's diet to mostly weapons.

galaxy
Nov 15, 2006, 08:37 PM
hmm...im just so torn...i have to say im not a fan of how PM raising is working here. its just frustrating that mind/armor takes so much longer than striking...

lokijam
Nov 15, 2006, 09:56 PM
i couldnt agree more, im not even making a pure mind pm, and its probably cost me 75k so far in wands and techs, and all the melee pms are jus getting fed mates and atomizers. Kinda unfair if u ask me.

Randomness
Nov 15, 2006, 10:00 PM
atomizers and mates raise pow/mind at 4/1. They dont give pure. I'm raising a Ranged, which is 10k per 6 levels, but still better than pure tech.