PDA

View Full Version : PSU: WarTecher insights..

Mwabwetumba
Nov 15, 2006, 04:52 PM
Hello people...

...I've decided on making my male CAST, Mwabwetumba, into a WarTecher when expert classes are released.
I figured that his CASTy nature will hamper his technics, while boosting his melee abilities.. fair tradeoff, I'd say.

Now, for my melee weapons, I've found love for both the single dagger and the dual dagger. They both got 2 PAs each to give me some variation... and they cover both of the greater melee aspects (single-creature damage and crowd control/multi-part-creature killing) quite well, especially the dual daggers.
With the single dagger I will ofcourse have a handgun with an element attached to it.

But now for the main trouble..the technics!
I figured that attack technics is out of the question with this one..but the defensive ones remain, and they are plentiful indeed!

I will be limited to simple wands, allowing me no more than 2 technics per pallette slot..time to brainstorm!
And I plan not to wield a handgun together with any of the wands, because when I use a PHOTON CHARGER it splits its regenerating effect on both weapons, halving the PP recovered on the wand!

Im planning for the time when all the technics are released, I strongly believe in planning for the future...

RESTA is obvious, and fits in quite well with GIRESTA, the reviving technique, on the same wand, giving me a 4% added potency bonus with said technics.

Next is the buffs.
2 Wands with SHIFTA/JELLEN and DEBAND/ZALURE respectively would be the preffered option, as this would provide these techs with 4% enhancement as well.. but at the price of TWO slots on the pallette! I am aware that I probably will need to change the pallette in-mission at some point, but I would like to get the most efficient pallette I can for the standard take-away mission.

MEGISTAR is an alternative to the above, it delivers all the buffs available, at a cost of HP per tick. RESTA would salvage this to an extent, but it is still a thing to be wary off.
But it does not deliver either JELLEN or ZALURE on the enemy, nor does it get any bonus percentages as no other dark tech is planned (I can change this though, but I fear that the tech would just be a waste..maybe MEGIVERSE for some naughty life-leeching?^^)
On the plus side, it gives the affected players the other 2 buffs as well, RETIER and ZODIAL, AND it frees up one slot in the pallette!

Onwards to the other techniques-

A wand with REVERSER and RENTIS would provide a good mix (again with the percentages)!
REVERSER is just all around useful, while RENTIS is a protective spell that protects the user from damage (either physical or mental, I cant rememember..though I will opt for the physical-protecting one!)

(Sorry for rambling on and on..)

Experimental Pallette 1)

Dagger/Handgun (with different bullets, for use with corresponding enemies)
Dual Daggers
Wand - RESTA/GIRESTA
Wand - SHIFTA/JELLEN
Wand - DEBAND/ZALURE
Wand - REVERSER /RENTIS

Experimental Pallette 2)

Dagger/Handgun (with different bullets, for use with corresponding enemies)
Dual Daggers
Wand - RESTA/GIRESTA
Wand - MEGISTAL/MEGIVERSE (or just dont give a crap about that 4%s and use MEGISTAL/JELLEN instead..?)
Wand - REVERSER/RENTIS
Longbow (with different arrows, for use with corresponding enemies)

The second pallette has more variety..but the first one has stronger buffs, albeit fewer, and debuffs!
Am I worrying too much with being a walking buffman?
Should I keep the wands in my inventory and whip em out when there is a demand for them?? Except the essentials ofcourse.. RESTA/GIRESTA/REVERSER
Focus more on different melee weaponry?
What say you?

(Dont worry, I might sound hectic and hysteric while writing this, but Im really just enthusiastic and very happy:P)

I know some players have experience with the WarTecher class, and their advice would prove useful indeed, but all is welcome to comment!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-11-15 14:50 ]</font>

etlitch
Nov 15, 2006, 05:10 PM
Skip resta. It's heal amount is based on TP.
Skip Giresta, your party is supposed to carry scapes to avoid ruining the S-rank in the first place.
Reverser is good.

Buffs does'nt need "enchantments" because it does'nt seem to boost their effects. So you can place em more freely.

Also, I should warn you that wartechers start with a pretty low ATP and it take quite abit of time to lvl those expert-job levels.
The class s huge EVP bonus seems to get wasted when applied on a cast since EVP is more like a "everything or noting" stat.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 15, 2006, 05:30 PM
Hmmmm.. this sure puts things in a new perspective!

Thank you for notifying me of this..