PDA

View Full Version : Soul of a Blacksmith,once per character or mode?

Chi-kun
Nov 17, 2006, 11:12 AM
Is this quest redoable when you unlock other modes? I mean,if I want to get Akiko's frying pan I have to do this quest, but I also want the god hand. But I havent unlocked ultimate, so would I have to wait till ultimate to get the god hand or could I get a weapon in every mode up until ultimate?

Out_Kast
Nov 17, 2006, 11:36 AM
All the three rares (God Hand, Supressed Gun and the Technical Crozier) are only available from Soul of a Blacksmith on Ultimate difficulty, and you can only get one once.
But when you finish all the quests on a certain difficulty, they all become accessible so you can get the Akiko's Frying Pan on whatever difficulty you like.
I hope this answers your question. If not... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Chi-kun
Nov 17, 2006, 11:38 AM
I see,Thanks for the help :3

Out_Kast
Nov 17, 2006, 11:53 AM
No problems http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I just wasn't sure if my information was correct, but I'm sure it is now, after double checking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Good luck with whatever it is you're doing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kevino
Nov 17, 2006, 12:45 PM
w/ the akiko's frying pan im pretty sure you need to do all the missions to get it. so you can go back to the secret delivery mission.

sukobi
Nov 17, 2006, 07:36 PM
no wait before u go farther if u want the gods hand but u want all the other weps just do this finish the mission and get the item dont talk to the mission starter person and then quit the game and do it 2 more times to get the other weps

Splash
Nov 17, 2006, 08:15 PM
You don't need to do Soul of a Blacksmith to get the Akiko's Frying Pan (at least, that is what I remembered).

Out_Kast
Nov 18, 2006, 11:56 AM
Technically you do. You need to have finished all the quests before you can get the Frying Pan, because you have to return to one after finishing it.
Just thought I'd point that one out... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Roy-Mustang
Nov 23, 2006, 09:48 AM
no wait before u go farther if u want the gods hand but u want all the other weps just do this finish the mission and get the item dont talk to the mission starter person and then quit the game and do it 2 more times to get the other weps

The person that started the mission is who gives you the weapon, so you can't get the weapon without talking to him. You can only get one per character in only Ultimate. Doesn't work if you exit and save without get the money in the guild, the system know that you have the weapon. If you want the 3, do another character and do the same, just picking another.

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 23, 2006, 11:46 AM
By the way, what do you get on Ultimate for getting the ?Blue mineral is it? after you have the Weapon already?

Roy-Mustang
Nov 23, 2006, 11:38 PM
You get a normal crappy weapon.

Out_Kast
Nov 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
On 2006-11-23 08:46, LoveAndLunacy wrote:
By the way, what do you get on Ultimate for getting the ?Blue mineral is it? after you have the Weapon already?

Yes, it's the Blue.
You can only get one rare per character (i.e you can only get the GOD HAND, SUPRESSED GUN of TECHNICAL CROZIER once per character). After that, it's just boring stuff, like the Storm Cutter I recieved... thanks a lot, dude http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

sukobi
Nov 24, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-11-23 06:48, Roy-Mustang wrote:

The person that started the mission is who gives you the weapon, so you can't get the weapon without talking to him. You can only get one per character in only Ultimate. Doesn't work if you exit and save without get the money in the guild, the system know that you have the weapon. If you want the 3, do another character and do the same, just picking another.

yeah well i got plus dunno if it works the same or not but i did the quest didnt complete it just got the god hand with the blue mineral and talked to the guy for the saber weapon then instead of talking to the lady who finishes the quest i just quit and it saves then and when i went back on i still had the god hand on me then i did it again for the other technical crozier and supressed gun

Out_Kast
Nov 24, 2006, 04:29 PM
Never thought of that. Can anyone confirm that this works on the other versions of PSO (i.e NOT Plus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )? I just think it'd be interesting...

Edit: 200 Posts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2006-11-24 13:29 ]</font>

Roy-Mustang
Nov 25, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-11-24 13:18, sukobi wrote:

yeah well i got plus dunno if it works the same or not but i did the quest didnt complete it just got the god hand with the blue mineral and talked to the guy for the saber weapon then instead of talking to the lady who finishes the quest i just quit and it saves then and when i went back on i still had the god hand on me then i did it again for the other technical crozier and supressed gun

Well if what you said is true, then in Plus you can do it, but in non-Plus version it can't be done, I tried long time ago. Dammit!! I want Plus version!!!:(

Splash
Nov 26, 2006, 12:11 AM
No, even in Plus version, it is still impossible to do. You are absolutely lying.

If you aren't, then why not prove it by making a video of it obtaining the 3 items WITH the same character?

Roy-Mustang
Nov 26, 2006, 12:14 AM
I`m a little bit naive you know... then is a lie??

sukobi
Nov 26, 2006, 12:25 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:11, Splash wrote:
No, even in Plus version, it is still impossible to do. You are absolutely lying.

If you aren't, then why not prove it by making a video of it obtaining the 3 items WITH the same character?

ok i got in gc so how do i make a video? ill show all my characters show that i got all 3 items and show all my characters other then my main is below the ultimate standards and that i have done the missions over and over to get the items. even my other friends have done it.

do exactly what i do and try it in gc it saves when u quit right? so what i do is do the whole mission getting the blue material. then i go to the old man and tell him to make soso weapon after that i just open the menue press quit then it saves right and then i just keep everything i got in the mission like money, materials,etc... and when i go back on i have the item i told the man to give me i still have it but the mission stills ends up as incomplete because i didnt talk to the lady who gives u the money and just do it again for more of the weps i repeat they have no % so they would be considered weak or normal dont know havnt compared them

Splash
Nov 26, 2006, 01:44 PM
On 2006-11-25 21:25, sukobi wrote:
ok i got in gc so how do i make a video? ill show all my characters show that i got all 3 items and show all my characters other then my main is below the ultimate standards and that i have done the missions over and over to get the items. even my other friends have done it.

do exactly what i do and try it in gc it saves when u quit right? so what i do is do the whole mission getting the blue material. then i go to the old man and tell him to make soso weapon after that i just open the menue press quit then it saves right and then i just keep everything i got in the mission like money, materials,etc... and when i go back on i have the item i told the man to give me i still have it but the mission stills ends up as incomplete because i didnt talk to the lady who gives u the money and just do it again for more of the weps i repeat they have no % so they would be considered weak or normal dont know havnt compared them

No, ONE character only obtaining ALL three. Emphasis on one. Exactly one character, no trading, no swapping from other characters, has to be the same character when obtaining the 3. And ACTUALLY obtaining them, meaning there aren't any at first in your inventory or in the bank.

If you have a video camera, just place it near in a position where it will record the TV (and is actually viewable). Then let it record the 3 runs you do with the one character without stopping the camera.

I know what method you are talking about, it has been tried false already. The fact that you got the weapon already, it assumes you have obtained it already, and therefore, it can't be obtained another time. It is the same as obtaining the Akiko's Frying Pan, once you grab it, you can't grab it again.

sukobi
Nov 26, 2006, 09:10 PM
? ok well then my game gots a glitch cause im the only person of the 10 peeps i play with who does blacksmith runs so yeah i dont trade at all im the guy getting them the items, the akikos frying pan i dont know how the heck to get but with the supressed gun, technical crozier, and the gods hand yes i have gotten all three without trading and everything next by next sunday ill try to submit my 3runs or 2 runs getting the same wep twice but yeah ive gotten all three more then once so dunno if its something different im doing

Kevino
Nov 27, 2006, 08:44 AM

on gc you can. i did just the other day. if you save and quit w/o getting your money and getting your weapon you can keep your weapon. just dont get your money.

xxTrystanxx
Nov 30, 2006, 06:44 PM
I know this has been covered, but I just thought I'd confirm for the Xbox, that you can only get ONE weapon per character.

However, the Suppressed Gun is easy to find and there are better handguns, so it's not really worth it, even for the chance of hit%. Technical Crozier is, well... No, just don't bother with that one either. God Hand is the best choice of the three, so once you get that, you're golden.

However, I would recommend if you're not trying to beat all of the quests to unlock them all, quitting before completing Soul of a Blacksmith can prove useful. It's a good quest to repeat over and over for EXP and for item hunting in Forest and Caves.

KojiroAK
Dec 1, 2006, 02:56 AM
Even God Hand isn't that good at it seems to be.

The range isn't that good, it has only 3 Hit combo.

And the special is only usfull to level but not really to go through areas.

reapursoul
Dec 9, 2006, 09:26 AM
thius doesnt work on gc pso 1 and 2 i have tried it i got god hand quit game restarted the quest did it all....then got storm cutter

Kuroi_Ryoken
Dec 22, 2006, 03:18 PM
God Hand is only good for mainly 1-enemy, or battle mode.
otherwise, it is good for bragging, and kicking/punching people
but it is sorta hard to find, but even a Twin Swords in better, in combo, it keeps the enemy back without you getting hurt. God HAnd is too slow, only good with a God/Battle.