PDA

View Full Version : clipping no longer working?

yaone-wren
Nov 17, 2006, 05:52 PM
Before the patch, everything in the distance had a nice blur to it. After the patch everything in the distance is too crisp that it's creating moire patterns and just looks horrible. Very hard on the eyes.

The grass for instance in the distance of the Parum missions looks like black and green noise, like snow/static. I didn't change any of my settings between now and then(although I've been trying like crazy to adjust the options to fix it).

No matter how I set my graphic options now, it doesn't change the graphic quality. I've lowered all the setting down to low quality, lowered the clipping, etc... and it hasn't changed anything graphic's wise.

Using an ATI All-In-Wonder.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Pottsdam
Nov 17, 2006, 09:43 PM
I think I have the same problem as you (I have a 6800GS). It started right after the patch for me also. I would describe it as shimmering or aliasing. I tried messing around with driver settings but no luck.

If I find a solution I'll be sure to post it in this thread.

Edit: Forcing anisotropic filtering (I tried 8x) seems to fix the problem partially.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pottsdam on 2006-11-17 18:55 ]</font>