PDA

View Full Version : GC: PSO Episode I & II Ver 1.1

lugus
Nov 20, 2002, 03:04 PM
Sonic Team has just posted a announcement at the JP GCN PSO webpage about Ver 1.1/Online Adjustment Edition. It says that Ver 1.1 is for the online user which seeks more comfortable network community. No more FSOD's/BSOD's? It states that:

Ver 1.1 will be released in November

You can exchange your old disc for Ver 1.1

North American PSO Episode I & II is Ver 1.1

Not sure on this one, but it seems like whoever exchanges will receive a pumpkin since the quest is now gone

If you decide not to exchange you can still play offline

Data from the old disc will carry over to the new disc, but once you play on Ver 1.1 you can't play with the old disc offline or online

It also talks about items carrying over, but I cant make it out. Heres what it says using babelfish "In addition because the item and the ???Z?^ which are having disappear entirely, in addition to being thinking well, exchanging, that it receives, we ask."

Servers will be seperated and maintanence will be the same, but theres a chance that the old server won't get new content

PPPoE errors have been fixed

To exchange the disc you have to go to a private webpage

Access to the private web page will granted by entering your serial number and access key

Here's the link to the announcement http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/pc/change.html and I used babelfish to read it.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 20, 2002, 03:07 PM
Oooh that's some hot stuff... Too bad item duplication will still happen with those darn PC memory cards =>_<=;

Scan_Man
Nov 20, 2002, 04:14 PM
I know I will not be able to exchange the disk. I wonder if I buy version 1.1 can I still transfer my characters?

Foggy_Pete
Nov 20, 2002, 05:25 PM
On 2002-11-20 12:04, lugus wrote:
It also talks about items carrying over, but I cant make it out. Heres what it says using babelfish "In addition because the item and the ???Z?^ which are having disappear entirely, in addition to being thinking well, exchanging, that it receives, we ask."

hmm..are they saying something about how unidentified items wont be carried over when you convert your data?

PlatinumGame
Nov 20, 2002, 08:33 PM
Yup. You can convert your character but you lose items in the transition.

Riel
Nov 20, 2002, 10:45 PM
Well PSO US is not V1.1 because they sure didn't fix the PPPoE issues,i still get disconnected everytime i play so they still need to fix this here.

Castoth
Nov 20, 2002, 11:05 PM
If they do fix it here, it had better be free plus we should be able to convert our items to the new version. After all, unless they go furthur and fix the modified dupe bug in our new version (if we ever get one that is), then it wouldn't be justified.

Barubary6
Nov 20, 2002, 11:10 PM
I hate how Sonic Team is calling it version 1.1.

It's version 3.2. 3.0 was the original Japanese version. 3.1 was the American version, which fixed the dupe bug.

-- Barubary

Rhete
Nov 20, 2002, 11:43 PM
On 2002-11-20 20:10, Barubary6 wrote:
I hate how Sonic Team is calling it version 1.1.

It's version 3.2. 3.0 was the original Japanese version. 3.1 was the American version, which fixed the dupe bug.

-- Barubary

If the new JP version can play with the American one, and fixes all the same bugs, isn't it 3.1 also?

Barubary6
Nov 20, 2002, 11:57 PM
On 2002-11-20 20:43, Rhete wrote:
If the new JP version can play with the American one, and fixes all the same bugs, isn't it 3.1 also?

No, because the PPPoE bug is fixed in the new Japanese one.

-- Barubary

Atax
Nov 20, 2002, 11:59 PM
On 2002-11-20 14:25, Foggy_Pete wrote:

On 2002-11-20 12:04, lugus wrote:

hmm..are they saying something about how unidentified items wont be carried over when you convert your data?

It's to do with the downside catch of transfering.

Basically, you can transfer your current characters to the new version, but you loose all items, weapons, and meseta.
Sonic Team is compensating this by giving you a free pumpkin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2002-11-20 21:00 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Nov 21, 2002, 12:08 AM
Dammit, I want to keep my armor and sting tip. I could care less about the other crap in my box.

Klakalou
Nov 21, 2002, 12:40 AM
pure bs, i am not going to lose all my stuff cuz sonic team messed up. im sure they wont do that to us or NO ONE will exchange disks.

SeiferA
Nov 21, 2002, 12:41 AM
so...come this december, we'll FINALLY have a chance to play with japanese players?

Rhang
Nov 21, 2002, 10:06 PM
Sorry if I sound dumb, but I'm not following.
I just got the game last Sunday, but according to this I'd need to exchange it? Any help clarifying this would be appreciated:)

Edit: Never mind. My question was answered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhang on 2002-11-21 19:36 ]</font>

faceless
Nov 23, 2002, 12:16 AM
On 2002-11-20 13:14, Scan_Man wrote:
I know I will not be able to exchange the disk. I wonder if I buy version 1.1 can I still transfer my characters?

yeah, i wonder that too...

RellikTakahashi
Nov 24, 2002, 09:01 AM
*shrug* maybe i'll get it. not sure yet.