PDA

View Full Version : what is your favourite part of thanksgiving?

Wyndham
Nov 18, 2006, 08:02 PM
well?

Jaysky
Nov 18, 2006, 11:22 PM
Food definitly. I see the family part being by i don't have any worst while family members to talk with, mostly morons. Football, I seriously don't care about.

Blenjar
Nov 18, 2006, 11:42 PM
FOod..

-- Blen

DonRoyale
Nov 18, 2006, 11:43 PM
DAMN IT, ORAN, YOU MADE ME HUNGRY!

DAMMMMMMMMMN YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitzkommando
Nov 19, 2006, 12:11 AM
Family is the most important part of my life so that part definitely is number one for me. The food is great too, but I like being around family more.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 19, 2006, 12:14 AM
WORK!

From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2006-11-18 21:15 ]</font>

astuarlen
Nov 19, 2006, 12:37 AM
In order of importance:
-couple days off class
-get to see mom and bro
-pumpkin pie

ABDUR101
Nov 19, 2006, 12:48 AM
The food, followed by the 'atmosphere'. I can't say family, because it depends who's around and how they're acting with each other. I like having a day every now and then where the house is 'full' of people and we're all getting along and having fun, but I don't like it all the time.

Definitely the food, though homecooked meals happen all the time, so all I look forward to is the massive ham/turkey.

RavenTW
Nov 19, 2006, 09:13 AM
Black Friday afterward.

Wyndham
Nov 19, 2006, 11:55 AM
why black friday? this year, I'm going to buy a GB micro for my brother for 35$.

RavenTW
Nov 19, 2006, 10:17 PM
Because it's funny to watch people storm retail chains and grab random objects from the shelves.

Moo2u
Nov 19, 2006, 11:05 PM
I like that it's in October....CANADA!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ChocoboRemiX
Nov 19, 2006, 11:45 PM
Food brings family together... in my case

astuarlen
Nov 20, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-11-19 20:05, Moo2u wrote:
I like that it's in October....CANADA!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I hear you guys eat moose up there. In Quebec, though, it's usually something fowl (a tradition imported from the mothershipland, I hear).

You canadians should be thankful we haven't gobbled you up and made y'into the 51st state. No more worries about cheap drugs from north of the border then, eh?

Kent
Nov 20, 2006, 12:20 AM
Definitely the food. More specifically, making it.

It's one of the very few times during the year that I get to excercise my brain in creating f00dstuffs (mainly because the one other person in the house otherwise, prefers his "meat product, whole potato, canned corn" meals...); my personal favorite to make, being cheesecake.

I know I'm weird, but it's just plain fun to get in the kitchen and start cooking up a good dozen or so dishes for a big party. Maybe it's just me.

Wyndham
Nov 20, 2006, 10:09 AM
I love making food too. I don't make the Thanksgiving food, though. I make dinner once a week.

Moo2u
Nov 20, 2006, 12:33 PM
Being the 51st state is out #1 fear...actually it's #2 right after grizzly bears....damn things will sneak up on you...

navci
Nov 20, 2006, 03:15 PM
My fav part is the part that it was in October. XD

Hustler_One
Nov 20, 2006, 03:33 PM
Family, because Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only two times of the year where my entire immediate family gets together. I might add that I have a wonderful family who all gets along very well, and we frequently spend Thanksgiving playing cards and telling stories.

That being said, we ussually make a nice dinner too, but It's nothing completely off the scale, just a couple turkeys, some potatoes, green beens, rolls and stuffing ussually.

So I say family, but the dinner is nice too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Black_Fang
Nov 20, 2006, 10:42 PM
I love the pies and other foods, but the days off school just make the pies even sweeter!!!!

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Nov 22, 2006, 09:06 PM
food, with family running a close second.

However, I'm feeling disapointed, as this will be my first thanksgiving as a vegetarian... It might be tough to get through, but I still have alot of food options available... just no turkey.

Spacepest
Nov 23, 2006, 05:58 PM
Hmm, for me the favorite part of thanksgiving used to be getting drunk on eggnog or munching on those "special brownies" that my family traditionally made for the adults.

Now I can't drink alcohol due to medical problems. So yeah, its going to be all about the food this year...and maybe some brownies.

My family is so annoying 90% of the time thanksgiving usually makes me glad...uh, err....THANKFULL...that I only have to see them a handful of times each year.

Any of you older people just glad that its an extra day off of work? XD